Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
31 December 23:00 is when the book closes, not when the bet was struck.

I guess BetVictor have picked that date as it's so far away that they assume we will have appointed someone by then, which is a pretty reasonable assumption for most clubs...
I imagine they'll do side bets on the date of appointment and the number of pages this thread gets to

I’ve totally allowed myself to get carried away with the possibility of a dream return for MApp. The fact it felt like he had unfinished business when he left, the fact that his 2015-17 team may well be my favourite OUFC period ever (and as I’m 40 in a couple of years I’m lucky enough that my childhood included multiple years of Joey, Matty Elliot, Moody at The Manor). The fact that he’s available and reportedly interested (as opposed to when we were hiring in 2018 and he quite publicly said he wasn’t interested). If he wants the job and then doesn’t get it in favour of bloody Graeme Murty I just don’t know how I’d take it!

(Having said that, thinking logically I’m very on board with candidates like McCann, Richardson. Warburton is one I’d be interested in too, albeit with some concern that he may be a little old-fashioned now. Not sure how I’d feel about Morrison - but his reputation for being relatively progressive and offensive at Cardiff doesn’t necessarily feel like what we need right now. His relatively recent experience of playing at multiple levels of lower league does make him a somewhat intriguing candidate though)

The more I think about it, it’s between Mapp and Mcann for me, happy with either possibly leaning towards Mcann though.

Interesting that when we tonked Lincoln by 6 MAPP was sitting in the stands waiting to take over there.

He could be sat in the stands again on Saturday watching us before an announcement!
Hopefully he won't see US getting tonked 6-0! :oops:

The job is going to be tough but nowhere near unsolvable.
We have been struggling for quite some time and I am sure that the players themselves will have a damn good idea why things went pear shaped.

Personally, I think it would be daft to think that absolutely everything came down to Karl and his incompetence. Professional players, you would hope would give the best of themselves whatever they thought of the manager or his actions.
Assuming then, that we can get someone in who can quickly make a team out of the wreckage and get them to play, there is no reason why we cannot expect the results to come but I don’t see that happening with anyone who hasn’t got that kind of experience in his locker already.
That must surely rule some of the monsters out ( you would think?🫣)!

12 games I believe, I might be wrong but I've got a vague memory of being paid out when Mickey Lewis did it after Wilder left. Don't think one particular bookie had paid attention to just how many games he'd had.
10 games as caretaker to pay out

You shouldn't go back, it rarely works out
I would love to see someone substantiate this with proof. I can think of loads of times where it worked, and loads of times where it didn. Given how much our club has suffered recently, I can't fathom how the return of Appleton wouldn't give everyone a much needed lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom