Ireland in Pre-Season

not enough notice to go - shame it wasn't announced months ago like the past two.

Tbf, with KR being appointed and Tiger's takeover then the club wouldn't have been in a position to announce it earlier like previous seasons.

Seems to be a lot of moaning on this thread in the tone that this is a pre-season tour for the fans. It isn't.

This is pre-season for the players, the club should do what's best for them first and foremost and that's what they've done.

If playing in that country on those days, in that style, is what Robinson feels is the best preparation then we should do exactly that.

I'm grateful the club have announced the dates and welcomed fans over to support the lads. This isn't a summer beach holiday for everyone, it's football season prep. I'll be there to give them some support and get them fired up for next season. Already booked a place in Dublin Central and personally cannot wait for a huge p*ss up with a load of yellows in an infinite amount of old pubs Dublin has to offer.

Catering the last 2 pre-season tours for fans to have a sunny beach holiday changed the natural vibe of Austria where fans travelled so far just to support the lads in one game. Austria was all about the football and fan/player bonding, the subsequent tours didn't feel quite the same. I have a feeling I'll enjoy Dublin a lot more than the previous two!

Seems to be a lot of moaning on this thread in the tone that this is a pre-season tour for the fans. It isn't.

This is pre-season for the players, the club should do what's best for them first and foremost and that's what they've done.

If playing in that country on those days, in that style, is what Robinson feels is the best preparation then we should do exactly that.

I'm grateful the club have announced the dates and welcomed fans over to support the lads. This isn't a summer beach holiday for everyone, it's football season prep. I'll be there to give them some support and get them fired up for next season. Already booked a place in Dublin Central and personally cannot wait for a huge p*ss up with a load of yellows in an infinite amount of old pubs Dublin has to offer.

Catering the last 2 pre-season tours for fans to have a sunny beach holiday changed the natural vibe of Austria where fans travelled so far just to support the lads in one game. Austria was all about the football and fan/player bonding, the subsequent tours didn't feel quite the same. I have a feeling I'll enjoy Dublin a lot more than the previous two!

Hear hear.

Dublin is no longer all just expensive Guinness and lager either. The craft beer revolution has reached the Emerald Isle and some pubs even sell real ale. There are three Porterhouses (two in the centre - in Temple Bar and by Trinity), two Wetherspoons (in Dun Laoghaire and Blackrock) and I particularly liked Mulligan Grocers in Stonybatter near Heuston Station. Enjoy!

Flights booked for myself & my Wife ,out Monday returningThursday.
Still searching for hotel/ Airbnb

Wiener Neustadt - a forgettable match, an unforgettable visit to both Bratislava and Vienna.

Tbf, with KR being appointed and Tiger's takeover then the club wouldn't have been in a position to announce it earlier like previous seasons.
They've given us two months notice plus a massive hint a month ago .. how much do you need .

KR very clearly stated why pre season would be in Ireland during his first interview after taking the job. It was obvious that he doesn't do what might be described as jollies.

Yes, I'd prefer it over a weekend or abroad when the schools have broken up (if only to say to my wife "summer holiday sorted and booked, love!").

However, if Ireland is one of the foundation stones for a memorable 2018/19 season (for the right reasons), then it's the best pre season tour in the world.

Try and get a hotel in Dublin 1 or Dublin 2
Lots of hotels on the outskirts a bit cheaper but taxis are about €30 into town
Average pint €5 - €5.50 , temple bar about €6.50 - €8.00
Camden street is the new “in” place with plenty of good pubs , restaurants and clubs .
Any advice needed Give me a shout [emoji106]

Try and get a hotel in Dublin 1 or Dublin 2
Lots of hotels on the outskirts a bit cheaper but taxis are about €30 into town
Average pint €5 - €5.50 , temple bar about €6.50 - €8.00
Camden street is the new “in” place with plenty of good pubs , restaurants and clubs .
Any advice needed Give me a shout [emoji106]

“dubox”… wonder where he lives??

Thinking of bringing the golf clubs and doing a road trip. Does anyone know which day the Longford game is being played?.

Back
Top Bottom