Matches Pre season games.......2022

I'm guessing this is away at Slough Town?

We have history of getting out of League One after playing a friendly away to Slough, although unfortunately out of the wrong end of the table. I was there in August 2000, think that was the first time I saw Ian McGuckin in a yellow shirt.

Heady days, we finished bottom of the league and very narrowly missing staying up by a tiny 24 points, conceded 100 goals in the league, and had doubles done over us by Swindon, Reading, and Wycombe.

Rumours that this seasons friendlies are entirely inspired by the 'crap towns' thread are as yet unconfirmed.

KR announcing the full list of friendlies next week:

668cb06627b3a2aeb7449ec7c22133a1.gif

f1d5a3139941c60ec804635aa22d42de.gif

6c507e7badc7607a5b432534ac0d6013.gif

b5d8d31afe760b08fe73f0ac24313d3e.gif

Heard a rumour we may be playing Coventry on 16 th July, not sure home or away
This from my friend who is a Cov Season Ticket holder who said someone saw it through a leaked diary message

Heard a rumour we may be playing Coventry on 16 th July, not sure home or away
This from my friend who is a Cov Season Ticket holder who said someone saw it through a leaked diary message

If so, not exciting but probably the right sort of team to test ourselves against for the season ahead.

If so, not exciting but probably the right sort of team to test ourselves against for the season ahead.
Exactly the sort of game we want, teams from the Championship so we can see where we need to be.
I don’t want excitement I want a hard test against teams we are striving to be like.Next best thing is to play teams that have just gone down or who didn’t quite make it eg Wimbledon or Northampton that should give us a test against the teams we are likely to face most weeks

Back
Top Bottom