Ireland in Pre-Season

Dammit, if only Pep and BTBY had been in charge it would have a week in Barbados with free flights.............

Really poor planning. If it had been on a weekend, so many more people could have gone for a Saturday game, with an overnight stay.
Wonder if old slippery will venture across, pretending he is still chairman?

Can we not just do Hearts and Hibs next year. Or the two Dundees or something.

Bit of a dull tour this year, by the sounds of it.

Really poor planning. If it had been on a weekend, so many more people could have gone for a Saturday game, with an overnight stay.
Wonder if old slippery will venture across, pretending he is still chairman?

You do realise pre season is actually for the players to get fit ready for the season? They don’t have to plan activities or trips for the fans.

Would you rather play slough town away and a couple of prem teams at home instead every year?

If you want to go to Scotland, Spain or Micronesia just go, don’t need a few hundred people wearing the same top as you to hold your hand. It’s a pre season tour, the football is a waste of time who ever and where ever, it’s not like qualifying for Europe and playing genuine matches.

I’m sure hand luggage only will be fine for 4 nights. Need to save every penny on the flights to make up for the accommodation costs!

Heard it's UCD, Longford Town and one other.
Longford is 90mins away from Dublin by road.

Both play in the League of Ireland First Division. UCD are currently top.

Stupidly early for pre season..
The 10th and 11th of July are World cup semi finals day and Oxford are playing friendlies on those days !!!
Unlikely i know,but if England are in the semi's,how do you think it will go down with the locals if a load of Oxford/England fans are in Paddy's bar giving it large ?

The 10th and 11th of July are World cup semi finals day and Oxford are playing friendlies on those days !!!
Unlikely i know,but if England are in the semi's,how do you think it will go down with the locals if a load of Oxford/England fans are in Paddy's bar giving it large ?

England making the semi-finals. Heh.

I disagree that’s its “stupidly early”, given the likely high turnover of players and new additions the earlier they start the better in many ways.

The longer the players have to get to know each other both on and off the pitch it should help once the real stuff gets underway.

I’m not certain that the potential misbehaviour of oufc fans should form part of the decision making process when it comes to deciding when to start pre season.

Dublin being dublin there’s bound to be plenty of English people making fools of themselves out there anyway for various reasons, both sporting and non sporting, so an extra few who are there for the OUFC tour aren’t likely to make too much difference.

It's pretty much the exact same dates we went to Spain

I'm sure the vast majority of fans will manage to not act like complete C***s if somehow England are playing, which they won't be. And i'm sure we could probably try and sort it so we're not in a Republican bar to watch it if by some miracle England are still in it, and anyone giving it large in a foreign city will likely get what they deserve, it's not a requirement to act like a c**t though just because you're English

I disagree that’s its “stupidly early”, given the likely high turnover of players and new additions the earlier they start the better in many ways.

The longer the players have to get to know each other both on and off the pitch it should help once the real stuff gets underway.

I’m not certain that the potential misbehaviour of oufc fans should form part of the decision making process when it comes to deciding when to start pre season.

Dublin being dublin there’s bound to be plenty of English people making fools of themselves out there anyway for various reasons, both sporting and non sporting, so an extra few who are there for the OUFC tour aren’t likely to make too much difference.

Have Oxford ever played friendlies before a major tournament has finished ?

Englands last game (guaranteed) is the 28th of June.
Last 16 (which i expect them to make) could be 3rd July.
Quarters (not impossible) could be 7th July.

A lot of Oxford fans will be in Russia.
Locals have the choice of watching an small English league 1 team live, or Brazil/Germany/Spain etc on the box.
Cant see many taking option 1.

not enough notice to go - shame it wasn't announced months ago like the past two.

Back
Top Bottom