Matches Pre-Match Music

Aylesbury based band - produced by Andy Bell ( Ride/ Hurricane #1/ Oasis) The Kynd - Egotripper ?

Last edited:
Five thirty - Abstain ? .... ( 5.30 had Tara Milton who was in in the 4 piece incarnation Theodore Supergrass one gig in that format, before Tara went off to to form The Nubiles, and Supergrass became a trio) ....

theres a couple of other 'contenders' from The Animalhouse too -' Animal' and 'Small'
I'd forgotten all about them! Their only album came out just as I was getting into music properly, so I bought it, despite never having heard of Ride. It was a flop sales wise but I reckon it's a pretty decent album.

Not sure if I mentioned it elsewhere on here.
Last week the game was billed as a #hergametoo and the club put together a pre-match playlist of all female songs.

Except they then played Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis as the teams ran out onto the pitch. The Fratellis are an all male band ...

I don't know if that is our run-out music for every game this season and they didn't want to change it out of tradition or superstition?

Also one thing we could do like for instance Manchester United and have the club share a pre-match music "team sheet" of the artists and songs. They normally have a mix of classics by Manchester bands together with some more modern stuff, a few new songs and their club traditionals. [edit : I only know this because I follow Tim Burgess on twitter and sometimes when the Charlatans get on the MUFC playlist he shares the artists/setlist]

Last edited:
Also one thing we could do like for instance Manchester United and have the club share a pre-match music "team sheet" of the artists and songs. They normally have a mix of classics by Manchester bands together with some more modern stuff, a few new songs and their club traditionals.
Something I'd definitely like to see. I know a lot of people just aren't interested in hearing obscure Oxford-based bands, but it would be good if you could have 3 or 4 local tracks played before every home game.

Something I'd definitely like to see. I know a lot of people just aren't interested in hearing obscure Oxford-based bands, but it would be good if you could have 3 or 4 local tracks played before every home game.
It could be another Truck tie-in.. get some modern local bands stuff played.. as well as some "classics". Don't forget Unbelievable Truth

Back
Top Bottom