Matches Pre-Match Music

not perhaps for running out to , but, Ace played prematch once at the Manor ( on the pitch - well sort of) , not an Oxford band , but a link to the Manor era

( personally I prefer The JJ Barnes original , which Ace covered- but, history is history, Ace played pre match at the Manor)

Ive still got the vinyl 45 (on Trojan records- but no pic sleeve, just a generic Trojan sleeve)
I had the vinyl with the picture sleeve, but lost it some time ago in one of my house moves unfortunately. Same fate fell to the Raging Bull flexi 'Kevin'.

No, no, no. A thousand times no.

We should NEVER play music after scoring. It is the very definition of tinpot. There is no more joyous sound than a football crowd just after a goal has been scored and we don't need some smaltzy music drowning it out.
If that happens I think I would give up going altogether.

not perhaps for running out to , but, Ace played prematch once at the Manor ( on the pitch - well sort of) , not an Oxford band , but a link to the Manor era

( personally I prefer The JJ Barnes original , which Ace covered- but, history is history, Ace played pre match at the Manor)

Far be it from me to question your musical knowledge @Sarge , but I'm pretty sure the Ace version was the original, and was written by one of them. I think the JJ Barnes version came out about two or three years later?

I do like the JJ Barnes version though, it's a bit more upbeat than the Ace version. Great voice too. Both good songs though.

I remember Ace performing at the Manor, I'd never heard of them before, and there was another band that played before a home game a few weeks later (can't remember who?) before the local residents complained about the noise, and then it never happened again!!!

Far be it from me to question your musical knowledge @Sarge , but I'm pretty sure the Ace version was the original, and was written by one of them. I think the JJ Barnes version came out about two or three years later?

I do like the JJ Barnes version though, it's a bit more upbeat than the Ace version. Great voice too. Both good songs though.

I remember Ace performing at the Manor, I'd never heard of them before, and there was another band that played before a home game a few weeks later (can't remember who?) before the local residents complained about the noise, and then it never happened again!!!
Starry Eyed and Laughing? Before my time, but I know one of them now lives near Woodstock, where I saw him play quite recently.

'How Long' was actually written by Paul Carrack, later of Squeeze and solo.

Starry Eyed and Laughing? Before my time, but I know one of them now lives near Woodstock, where I saw him play quite recently.

'How Long' was actually written by Paul Carrack, later of Squeeze and solo.
Also Mike and the Mechanics. Went to see him a few years ago in Guildford. Very good musician and had some excellent people in the band with him.

I think we have found out running out music.....

Back
Top Bottom