How to complete the season

A focus on enabling the PL to finish its season as that represents the top of the food chain, to assist in reducing the overall burden the EFL doesn’t- PL makes a solidarity payment to EFL equivalent to 500k per league one team for this season and an additional £250k next season as insurance.

Due to the success of 2-3 therapeutics by the end of June/mid July In reducing the death rate to a low level matches in stadiums take place in the new season with compulsory face masks, and advice for vulnerable groups to stay away and instead participate in an enhanced match day streaming package with interactive fan exchanges like Netflix party. By September the Oxford university vaccine trial is successful and a global rollout commenced that sees all vulnerable groups in the UK vaccinated by the end of January enabling them to return to matches.

Oxford having been promoted to the championship hang on one place above the final relegation place celebrate the end of a successful season with the announcement of a new stadium and the addition of Sir Jim Radcliffe as new owner of the club.

Ok might have got a bit carried away but personally if I am going to speculate on things outside of my circle of control I am going to think positively for now about our capacity for overcoming challenges.

Carried away is a understatement ,flights of fantasy more likely ?, but completely understandable . No clear idea or vision for now and the future has resulted in this vacuum which we are all stuck in, weekly meetings so far have produced absolutely nothing

Hi. As you are a real exile - do you get to many overseas games and if your Saturday was going to a match , will you go back to it once quarantine over ?
Hi Mark, do you mean do I or will I watch games locally here?

£20 to watch a game on Ifollow? That’s the same as to watch a big event like an Anthony Joshua fight which happens infrequently, not going to get many pay that every Saturday.

I reckon £230 for a home season ticket, £400 for home and away but you would get a code to watch the club you were away at’s feed for just that one game, clubs would all have to agree to share but as they would all generate more cash from it I can’t see a problem. One off passes to watch games no more than £15, even then I doubt you will get much uptake as it’s only going to be the hardcore for the majority of the games.

It’s not going to be some incredible high tech broadcast like on Sky sports, you have to keep the prices realistic as it’s league one football.
Agreed. Thus we will have even less revenue

Reading ba
A focus on enabling the PL to finish its season as that represents the top of the food chain, to assist in reducing the overall burden the EFL doesn’t- PL makes a solidarity payment to EFL equivalent to 500k per league one team for this season and an additional £250k next season as insurance.

Due to the success of 2-3 therapeutics by the end of June/mid July In reducing the death rate to a low level matches in stadiums take place in the new season with compulsory face masks, and advice for vulnerable groups to stay away and instead participate in an enhanced match day streaming package with interactive fan exchanges like Netflix party. By September the Oxford university vaccine trial is successful and a global rollout commenced that sees all vulnerable groups in the UK vaccinated by the end of January enabling them to return to matches.

Oxford having been promoted to the championship hang on one place above the final relegation place celebrate the end of a successful season with the announcement of a new stadium and the addition of Sir Jim Radcliffe as new owner of the club.

Ok might have got a bit carried away but personally if I am going to speculate on things outside of my circle of control I am going to think positively for now about our capacity for overcoming challenges.
compulsory face masks? The old bill will love that if and when things kick off and they have to watch the cctv footage ? Mind you things kicking off but everybody sticking to the 2m rule will probably win them £500 on You’ve Been Framed..

Agreed. Thus we will have even less revenue

All clubs will, their are no premium seats, executive packages etc, a live stream from an empty stadium is going to be a pretty bog standard flat experience (especially if you have a mid table season) so the chance to add value and charge more is non existent for the most part. Most FL clubs are not going to make a lot of money from this.

Their is also the interesting spanner in the works that behind closed doors might not be all season long, will people pay to go to games that that they have already paid to watch on tv?

This is a nightmare situation for clubs like ours, I can see why they are all sat in their hands praying someone solves it for them.

I know I’m an outlier as I’m used to watching the Us online only , and have to try to get my live fix from Perth Glory, but f**k right now I’d pay 20 quid to watch oxford play anyone regardless of a crowd/atmosphere/hone advantage. The only thing my money might be contingent on (need to think a bit) would be the radox commentary. That could be where the vfm lies.

Just following on from that, I realised I’m probably influenced by my childhood - As a army brat mostly living in Germany and listening to English football on the radio ...

It’s so dependent on so many factors, I am in the high risk group due to illness ,no one can tell me for how long I will remain as such ,if a vaccine becomes available it’s not clear (as usual) if I could have it. So going to football could end up being a no go for a very long time , so for me and perhaps many others I would want to be able to watch Oxford United Ona live stream even if there were fans were allowed to go back , at the moment it’s not possible, so hopefully a bit of out of the box thinking will be done to make this possible

Steve,

Just throwing it out there. Your internet is down for a couple of months, wouldn't you ask for a refund/rebate.

Because of Covid-19 people have had there flights and holidays cancelled and are asking for a refund even though airlines and holidays companies, hotels might go bust.

Isn't it all about money?
Off course it’s about money, but what good is money if you’re dead?

All clubs will, their are no premium seats, executive packages etc, a live stream from an empty stadium is going to be a pretty bog standard flat experience (especially if you have a mid table season) so the chance to add value and charge more is non existent for the most part. Most FL clubs are not going to make a lot of money from this.

Their is also the interesting spanner in the works that behind closed doors might not be all season long, will people pay to go to games that that they have already paid to watch on tv?
They should take the steps for the sake of clarity to go, “Next season is behind closed doors, that’s how it is - doesn’t matter if there’s a vaccine halfway through the season.” And people then know two things:

1) Streaming is the only option to see games. No ifs, no buts. That’s your one option.

2) Buying streams is the only chance to save the football club going forward.

This will make streaming successful enough to survive. There won’t be an option - it is life or death and it’s clear as day. There’s no need for anybody to sit on their hands and hope for a miracle.

3 people have tested positive for Covid-19 at FC Koln they have quarantined them forn14 days and have tested the the rest again for covid-19 but they're still training which I think is totally irresponsible of them. They haven’t named them out respect for privacy, which I think is wrong because no one is sure whether they’re players or back room staff. This is what Aguero seemed to be alluding to in the last couple of days and our players being scared.
Glenn Murray of Brighton claims in an interview that PL clubs are being put under pressure to resume that is irresponsible.

it all comes down to money and greed.

Can’t find it now, but I read somewhere where they said what roles they had (but not who they were). I don’t think any were players, but I wouldn’t trust my memory.

Can’t find it now, but I read somewhere where they said what roles they had (but not who they were). I don’t think any were players, but I wouldn’t trust my memory.
2 players and 1 physio

£20 to watch a game on Ifollow? That’s the same as to watch a big event like an Anthony Joshua fight which happens infrequently, not going to get many pay that every Saturday.

I reckon £230 for a home season ticket, £400 for home and away but you would get a code to watch the club you were away at’s feed for just that one game, clubs would all have to agree to share but as they would all generate more cash from it I can’t see a problem. One off passes to watch games no more than £15, even then I doubt you will get much uptake as it’s only going to be the hardcore for the majority of the games.

It’s not going to be some incredible high tech broadcast like on Sky sports, you have to keep the prices realistic as it’s league one football.
Watching football for me is the social interaction with my friends, Oxford is our team and we have supported them for decades all over the country together, for me I have no interest in paying to watch behind closed doors games, the result will be the same whether I watch it on the box or not and the enjoyment muted for what it is.

Mrs Lounger and I have been watching all kinds of re runs of games of late as some sort of substitute for the live stuff including watching re runs on iFollow. The trouble for us is getting a decent download speed in order to watch iFollow. The live games we have seen have been marred by such poor quality that it detracts entirely from the game. I'm also less than confident that the iFollow service is up to a lot of subscribers all streaming at the same time.
With that in mind and the less than "obliging" service levels of the iFollow customer service folk, I don't see that anything more than the current charge to watch a game is value for money. Add on that we are already season ticket holders, ergo, we have already paid to watch, and we also subscribe to iFollow for audio and video content, and it all becomes quite expensive.
I still hold with the argument that this season is over. Either find a solution to the promotion/relegation status or, declare the season null and void and plan for how the next season will take place, and when.

Watching football for me is the social interaction with my friends, Oxford is our team and we have supported them for decades all over the country together, for me I have no interest in paying to watch behind closed doors games, the result will be the same whether I watch it on the box or not and the enjoyment muted for what it is.

I don’t do away games anymore after moving 50 miles away so home games have become like a trip away, I just keep up with the score on tv or my phone so I can see your point, I could probably listen on the radio to those games but I am happy watching the home ones in person and just keeping up with the score away.

Might be different in this situation though, I am going out to work and then scratching around at weekends trying to find something to do (even just had a game of FIFA as Oxford and bought Jamie Mackie in with 5 minutes to go for nostalgic reasons), it’s all a bit Groundhog Day now and I think having something to look forward to at 3 on a Saturday, however watered down, would be something. Plus it would give me something to chat about to my mates, you do run out of subjects to converse about in this situation, it’s getting a bit Barbara Royal and asking whether and what you had for tea.

I know I’m an outlier as I’m used to watching the Us online only , and have to try to get my live fix from Perth Glory, but f**k right now I’d pay 20 quid to watch oxford play anyone regardless of a crowd/atmosphere/hone advantage. The only thing my money might be contingent on (need to think a bit) would be the radox commentary. That could be where the vfm lies.
Me too, I've not used the live stream service a great deal, usually mid-week away games and the EFL Trophy matches (which is pretty much an empty stadium), but I've not had any glitches. I have also recently been rewatching matches.

When the service first came out and I was trying to use it with a VPN, I had problems, but none since. I believe that most issues are more likely home broadband related, and I'm certain that IFollow will ramp up the available bandwidth to match the demand.

I really hope we can stream games in the future whether this season or not. If we cannot attend games for another year, then I'd definitely pay a decent premium for a home and away package. In my experience following OUFC home and most of the away games, the season ticket is a nominal fee compared to all of the travel and subsistence expenditure. So I'd pay £500-£600 for a streaming season ticket.

I miss watching football so much (and F1 and Boxing...etc...etc).

Back
Top Bottom