How to complete the season

If Ruffles han't got the winner at Shrewsbury I am guessing we would have finished below 3rd in the PPG table.
Just had a look and without the limbs at Shrewsbury from Ruffels' late winner our PPG would drop to 1.6699, which would see us fall to 7th in that table.

Looks like PL clubs are still having meetings about meetings to talk about the next meeting, where they can all agree that this meeting much like the others was very agreeable.

It’s genuinely pathetic watching people trying to cling on for dear life to a season that was over in March.

Looks like PL clubs are still having meetings about meetings to talk about the next meeting, where they can all agree that this meeting much like the others was very agreeable.

It’s genuinely pathetic watching people trying to cling on for dear life to a season that was over in March.

Money, Money, Money, in the rich mans world.

It's starting to really P**s me off how desperate the big teams are to get the season finished no matter what. All because of money too. If it wasn't about money then the discussion about St Georges park hosting all games wouldn't even be an option.

The best thing to do is what France have done, end it now and use PPG to sort out winners and losers.

the season is literally over now anyway. All the other leagues have officially ended, why do we feel we have to be different? It was the same with lockdown

The trouble is if the FA ended the season now they would have to then start thinking about the 20/21 season. They have no idea what to do with that conundrum.

The trouble is if the FA ended the season now they would have to then start thinking about the 20/21 season. They have no idea what to do with that conundrum.

Never mind the FA, nor do 92 football clubs. Businesses need to be able to plan for when this is all over, in football this is impossible right now due to the lack of knowledge of what is happening with a season that effectively ended in March.
Today many footballers in non league came to the end of their current contracts with no hope of getting another one anytime soon.

No matter what happens after this is over, it is safe to say the FA, EFL and Premier League have failed a lot of players and clubs.

Not to mention season tickets for season 20/21. How do you begin to get your head around that? Closed stadiums, for how long? Do we all pay per game for next season? etc etc .
I know its a bag of worms but how do clubs begin to construct their business model both for now and next season???

Not to mention season tickets for season 20/21. How do you begin to get your head around that? Closed stadiums, for how long? Do we all pay per game for next season? etc etc .
I know its a bag of worms but how do clubs begin to construct their business model both for now and next season???
What it takes to survive in any time of crisis is firm and decisive action. Proactive ideas and policies implemented swiftly and with force, so as to best ensure survival, rather than waiting for events to unfold and constantly changing the plan. That’s why football is absolutely screwed - nobody wants to make any decisions and the can is being kicked further down the road by different people every few days.

They should’ve canned this season over a month ago and said categorically that’s your lot, which would’ve meant that by now they could’ve hashed out how it’s concluded in terms of admin and so on, and then they should have immediately begun work on determining if next season could be carried out behind closed doors, and if so got their streaming revenue models in place to offer some sort of income stream to get clubs through it. If these things have been mooted on a lower league football forum for a month and a half, the people who are paid a fortune to sort this out should at least have gotten the sport a damn sight closer to some kind of resolution than it appears to be.

Nobody wants to make decisions anymore, so whenever an iceberg comes along the whole damn liner just slams straight into it. It’s ridiculous.

That's because football and 1 or 2 other sports are desperately trying to cling on for every last drop of £££££££

I understand the free market etc and the notion of supply and demand.

But thats just my point - there is no demand right now. Our 'advanced' economy is on its knees because people have reverted to only buying essential items. I don't need Gin, OUFC, Adidas classics or new guitars. In normal times I would be spending money on all of this, but right now Im buzzing because Ive sealed a Tesco delivery for next Saturday and I haven't been furloughed yet. My outlook has completely changed.

I am the all important consumer. I help dictate the markets, what people are paid, the level of demand, and what comes next. What comes next is millions of people like me making sure the mortgage is paid, my loved ones are looked after and my own sanity and health stays intact...and for quite a while yet.

Im not sure that I want to go back to normal if Im honest. Normal got us here.

This season is so typical Oxford. I am convinced we would of finished in the auto’s. but now for the life of me can’t see how we can even think about football. The best we can hopefore is that we still have an Oufc when this is all over. I do know 1 thing though that where ever our club finds itself when this is all over all of us on here will still be as passionate about OUFC

Money, Money, Money, in the rich mans world.
Cause its all intertwined. Broadcasters/Sponsors, Clubs, Staff, Players and Fans.

If the season is not completed, Broadcasters who have already been hit by no football, have asked for a rebate or something to compensate for no games. Same for sponsors.

Clubs can't really afford to pay the money back.

Staff have been furloughed.

Players refuse or will only take a small pay cut on there existing contracts.

It's starting to really P**s me off how desperate the big teams are to get the season finished no matter what. All because of money too. If it wasn't about money then the discussion about St Georges park hosting all games wouldn't even be an option.

The best thing to do is what France have done, end it now and use PPG to sort out winners and losers.
Steve,

Just throwing it out there. Your internet is down for a couple of months, wouldn't you ask for a refund/rebate.

Because of Covid-19 people have had there flights and holidays cancelled and are asking for a refund even though airlines and holidays companies, hotels might go bust.

Isn't it all about money?

This season is so typical Oxford. I am convinced we would of finished in the auto’s. but now for the life of me can’t see how we can even think about football. The best we can hopefore is that we still have an Oufc when this is all over. I do know 1 thing though that where ever our club finds itself when this is all over all of us on here will still be as passionate about OUFC
This is honestly how I think OUFC will be next season, along with other clubs.

Games played behind closed doors. No need for stadium or even just the Kassam. A pitch and ability to broadcast the game. No corporate boxes. No ground sponsorship.

All games broadcast online, maybe 20GBP her game, so 920 for 46 games or season ticket of around 600.

Majority of admin staff will go, ticket office, etc. Will OUFC have to pay redundancy packages?

Most or all players could leave, some on small fees or free transfers as other clubs would be doing the same. OUFC then bring in players on free transfers for a 1/3 or 1/4 wages what they are paying now.

Games played behind closed doors. No need for stadium or even just the Kassam. A pitch and ability to broadcast the game. No corporate boxes. No ground sponsorship.

All games broadcast online, maybe 20GBP her game, so 920 for 46 games or season ticket of around 600.

Majority of admin staff will go, ticket office, etc. Will OUFC have to pay redundancy packages?

Most or all players could leave, some on small fees or free transfers as other clubs would be doing the same. OUFC then bring in players on free transfers for a 1/3 or 1/4 wages what they are paying now.

Hi. As you are a real exile - do you get to many overseas games and if your Saturday was going to a match , will you go back to it once quarantine over ?

£20 to watch a game on Ifollow? That’s the same as to watch a big event like an Anthony Joshua fight which happens infrequently, not going to get many pay that every Saturday.

I reckon £230 for a home season ticket, £400 for home and away but you would get a code to watch the club you were away at’s feed for just that one game, clubs would all have to agree to share but as they would all generate more cash from it I can’t see a problem. One off passes to watch games no more than £15, even then I doubt you will get much uptake as it’s only going to be the hardcore for the majority of the games.

It’s not going to be some incredible high tech broadcast like on Sky sports, you have to keep the prices realistic as it’s league one football.

Back
Top Bottom