National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Kicked off at 10pm UK time I believe.
I’m convinced I watch this at home Saturday morning, then went to play football in the afternoon. Our keeper had been in the pub to watch the match and was no use to man nor beast! We lost our match by quite a margin!!
It was played in Australia, so their evening would have been our morning?

I’m convinced I watch this at home Saturday morning, then went to play football in the afternoon. Our keeper had been in the pub to watch the match and was no use to man nor beast! We lost our match by quite a margin!!
It was played in Australia, so their evening would have been our morning?
Yup. My daughter was born at 1 am that day in the UK and I watched it holding her, rather than waiting for her. (And successfully neither passing or drop kicking her despite getting quite excited).

So Boris considers the matter closed because he has resigned as deputy whip, and those that have made the complaints are not the "victims" only witnesses. I wonder how long that will last until yet another u-turn. Boris is that desperate to keep a pro-Boris MP that he will risk it all in his defence - at least for a while.
Apparently Boris is the only person in the Tory party that doesn't know Pincher's nickname is "a**e" (as in a**e Pincher)

So Boris considers the matter closed because he has resigned as deputy whip, and those that have made the complaints are not the "victims" only witnesses. I wonder how long that will last until yet another u-turn. Boris is that desperate to keep a pro-Boris MP that he will risk it all in his defence - at least for a while.
Apparently Boris is the only person in the Tory party that doesn't know Pincher's nickname is "a**e" (as in a**e Pincher)

Johnson might lose the support of some of the female Tory MPs over this. Apparently some have previously written to the Chief Whip complaining about the Tory Party response to sex pest etc allegations against its MPs as they see it as the Tory Party having a real problem, nevermind the public perception.

Any club where Mark Francois supposedly holds court and includes an area called "Cads corner" ( which is situated under a grand staircase and got it's name as the members who sat there used to stare up women's skirts) is probably best avoided by any normal human being.

But it is apparently a "rite of passage" for young aspiring Tory politicians[emoji2369]

I think it was the Duke of Wellington who gave two pieces of advice. "Never write a letter to your mistress and never join the Carlton Club"

Does this mean another by-election in the offing then?

Will be fascinating to see if BoJo & co. are actually capable of losing Tamworth! Pincher won two thirds of the vote last time, and it's full on Brexit territory........

Will be fascinating to see if BoJo & co. are actually capable of losing Tamworth! Pincher won two thirds of the vote last time, and it's full on Brexit territory........

Doubt it, we got to keep a convicted criminal with no by-election.

It requires 10% of the registered electorate to sign a recall petition.

No, he's been suspended by the tories, but still sitting as an independent.

I guess his constituency could call him back, but chances of that happening are slim at best.

68% leave in Tamworth, against 58% in Tiverton & Honiton. 66% of the vote in the last election and no rural farming base who feel turned over by the government. Don’t know if it will happen, if so, would be interesting.

Another investigation for Johnson and his Govt.

Tricky one, how do you define a "new" hospital?

We are planning to build a day case treatment centre that is "new" from the ground up but on an existing hospital site.
It can`t function without the backup of the "old" hospital in case the patient needs urgent or aftercare.

Also planning a new maternity hospital, again on an existing site.

We built a brand new A&E unit, cost around £50 million but was on an existing hospital site. It's a specific type of hospital unit....... is it a hospital?

Tricky one, how do you define a "new" hospital?

We are planning to build a day case treatment centre that is "new" from the ground up but on an existing hospital site.
It can`t function without the backup of the "old" hospital in case the patient needs urgent or aftercare.

Also planning a new maternity hospital, again on an existing site.

We built a brand new A&E unit, cost around £50 million but was on an existing hospital site. It's a specific type of hospital unit....... is it a hospital?
No. It's an extension to an already existing hospital.
I think you can count on one hand the amount of NEW site hospitals that are actually planned.
It was a deliberate ambiguous statement that contained a fair amount of vagueness!!

No. It's an extension to an already existing hospital.
I think you can count on one hand the amount of NEW site hospitals that are actually planned.
It was a deliberate ambiguous statement that contained a fair amount of vagueness!!

Well our plan is to change which services are delivered where.

That means we go down to 2 acute sites out of the 3 hospitals.

The third site will be non-acute doing the majority of testing/scanning/minors and still a hospital and, effectively, re-built from its current Victorian structure to a "new" hospital on the footprint................ new hospital or old? 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom