National News After Boris

Yes I think this is right. PR would also allow the Lib Dems and Greens to gain representation in keeping with their support. Historically a lot of people have been against PR because it could give fascists a voice, but it's a risk that has to be faced.

I missed this from last year. Labour did table a motion to support PR but it was voted down by the unions.

Screaming impotently into the ether for six to seven years out of 10 and letting the Tories have the time and electoral space to govern is more important than having the chance at power albeit compromised.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: QR
Cote Heath
1054 votes cast....ward population of just over 4,000....
580 of them voted Tory

This is a political earthquake I tell you.....the people have spoken:ROFLMAO:

Cote Heath
1054 votes cast....ward population of just over 4,000....
580 of them voted Tory

This is a political earthquake I tell you.....the people have spoken:ROFLMAO:

To be fair I fully expect a "bloody nose" for the tories in the locals, but that is balanced by the fact that Conservatives are far more likely to get off their backsides and vote.
Unlike those lazy ars* sloppy lefties. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

To be fair I fully expect a "bloody nose" for the tories in the locals, but that is balanced by the fact that Conservatives are far more likely to get off their backsides and vote.
Unlike those lazy ars* sloppy lefties. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You may be right.

Tories have always been good at convincing "their people" that the alternative is too scary to contemplate and that if they don;t vote Tory, some big commie is going to come and take away all their possessions and send their children into state schools....or something.

Ruling by fear is no way to govern......

Maybe those voters will finally lift the veil, show some backbone and stop voting in these venal opportunists who end up costing them an arm and a leg anyway.

Turning a significant proportion the comfortable middle classes in the Just About Managings doesn't seem like a very intelligent gameplan from the Tories, but that's what they are doing (whilst making sure their mates get even more stinking rich of course;)). And all the while they are f*****g up just about everything they touch....and yet Boris could probably drown puppies live on the 6 O'Clock news tonight and still enough of the "too scared to change" would vote Tory tomorrow🤷‍♂️

Anyway, interesting take from the founder of ConservativeHome who was on pm on R4 last night.

He reckons he's never seen the Tory party so fractious and divided in many years. The crisis in Ukraine has provided some cover (as distasteful as that sounds) but there is plenty of maneuvering behind potential leadership candidates right now and he very much suspects that the Akshata Murty Non Dom story was "leaked" to the press from within Tory ranks to spike any remaining leadership aspirations Rishi might've had. He did also say there were "many more reasons" why the Tories would never chose him, but didn't expand on that statement.

Bad elections in May and continued ham-fisted handling of domestic issues might be the straw that breaks the camels back......THat said we ARE talking about Tories here, so nothing would surprise me if the herd sticks together because they know no different;)

Back to Cote Heath.....is there any truth in the rumour that Royston Veysey was based on that place?:ROFLMAO:

You may be right.

Tories have always been good at convincing "their people" that the alternative is too scary to contemplate and that if they don;t vote Tory, some big commie is going to come and take away all their possessions and send their children into state schools....or something.

Ruling by fear is no way to govern......

Maybe those voters will finally lift the veil, show some backbone and stop voting in these venal opportunists who end up costing them an arm and a leg anyway.

Turning a significant proportion the comfortable middle classes in the Just About Managings doesn't seem like a very intelligent gameplan from the Tories, but that's what they are doing (whilst making sure their mates get even more stinking rich of course;)). And all the while they are f*****g up just about everything they touch....and yet Boris could probably drown puppies live on the 6 O'Clock news tonight and still enough of the "too scared to change" would vote Tory tomorrow🤷‍♂️

Anyway, interesting take from the founder of ConservativeHome who was on pm on R4 last night.

He reckons he's never seen the Tory party so fractious and divided in many years. The crisis in Ukraine has provided some cover (as distasteful as that sounds) but there is plenty of maneuvering behind potential leadership candidates right now and he very much suspects that the Akshata Murty Non Dom story was "leaked" to the press from within Tory ranks to spike any remaining leadership aspirations Rishi might've had. He did also say there were "many more reasons" why the Tories would never chose him, but didn't expand on that statement.

Bad elections in May and continued ham-fisted handling of domestic issues might be the straw that breaks the camels back......THat said we ARE talking about Tories here, so nothing would surprise me if the herd sticks together because they know no different;)

Back to Cote Heath.....is there any truth in the rumour that Royston Veysey was based on that place?:ROFLMAO:
Don't worry if you don't feel any better after that rant ...... 'cos I do!

Back
Top Bottom