Boris (spaffing the facts) Johnson

gofish2

Well, could this be the beginning of the end for BoJo? A charge of misconduct in public office is not going to do much for his career intentions. After all, who would want a politician to lead the country if they were capable of such an act. That's never happened before......
On a more serious note, it does make the leadership race a little more interesting if the front runner has been knobbled!

Well, could this be the beginning of the end for BoJo? A charge of misconduct in public office is not going to do much for his career intentions. After all, who would want a politician to lead the country if they were capable of such an act. That's never happened before......
On a more serious note, it does make the leadership race a little more interesting if the front runner has been knobbled!
Old school tie, funny handshakes and bullingdon club membership will almost certainly ensure his teflon coating remains undamaged ...never mind his reputation

Given that he was sacked from his first job for making things up, and has consistently done in since, but still people lap up the "ooh isn't he eccentric" act, I doubt it will have the slightest effect. The only thing that would hinder him is prison, and its going to be hard to get there given the amount of people at risk there would be if the decision went that way.

He'll just claim it is an establishment plot like Farage has even though both are the very embodiment of the establishment.

BoJo's as london Mayor was perfect - dangerously incompetent buffoon in a completely meaningless artificial position of importance, thus able to talk his usual nonsense, continue his comedy spaff-ups for cameras, yet unable to cause any real damage.....

It's all an attempt to derail Brexit, according to his team. Must be true then.

BoJo's as london Mayor was perfect - dangerously incompetent buffoon in a completely meaningless artificial position of importance, thus able to talk his usual nonsense, continue his comedy spaff-ups for cameras, yet unable to cause any real damage.....

Well apart from waste many £millions whilst austerity was being ramped up.

Although the case is not an "establishment plot", it certainly is an ill-fated vanity project by a very angry remainer.

The only positive is that some morons were relieved of their hard-earned cash when they donated for the claimant's living costs whilst he fights this on a full time basis.

Chances of success = 0%

Although the case is not an "establishment plot", it certainly is an ill-fated vanity project by a very angry remainer.

The only positive is that some morons were relieved of their hard-earned cash when they donated for the claimant's living costs whilst he fights this on a full time basis.

Chances of success = 0%

Regardless of which side of the debate, it may be a good thing to test the legal position of Politicians saying absolute rubbish for all future debates.

Regardless of which side of the debate, it may be a good thing to test the legal position of Politicians saying absolute rubbish for all future debates.

Agreed. This case is not intended to do anything like that, though. It's also disturbing that policiticans can now be attacked financially in this way when somebody disagrees with them.

George Osbourne is the same. A strong remainer who told mistruths about 500,000 job losses arising immediately from a Leave vote. Didn't happen. Should he be sued? No.

Some kind of *independent* watchdog should be doing this work.

As this pro-longed debate has proven statistics/numbers/data can be moulded to suit the narrative.
Is that "misconduct in a public office?"

As this pro-longed debate has proven statistics/numbers/data can be moulded to suit the narrative.
Is that "misconduct in a public office?"
The Judge thought there was sufficient evidence to ask a jury that question

Agreed. This case is not intended to do anything like that, though. It's also disturbing that policiticans can now be attacked financially in this way when somebody disagrees with them.

George Osbourne is the same. A strong remainer who told mistruths about 500,000 job losses arising immediately from a Leave vote. Didn't happen. Should he be sued? No.

Mostly agree.

Who would fund this watchdog though and what mandate would they have?

The Judge thought there was sufficient evidence to ask a jury that question

Indeed they have, the circus rolls on and the legal teams get rich! I kind of side with David Mellor who said

"Politicians at election times exaggerate, and say things that may or may not be true, and it’s the electorate, not the courts, who should decide whether they are reliable or not.’

I should think every political leader/influencer etc has, at sometime, stretched the truth in speaking or in manifestos.

Times are a-changing.....

Mostly agree.

Who would fund this watchdog though and what mandate would they have?

Well it's not for me to decide but I suppose some kind of civil service body with the generic "interests of justice" mandate and the power to issue some limited fines is the best we can do.

I suppose that the difference between the two is that one person is saying what WILL happen, the other what IS happening.

I suppose that the difference between the two is that one person is saying what WILL happen, the other what IS happening.

Also, Boris Johnson used the correct figure in between quoting the £350m.

There’ll be lots of dirt dug up on the candidates before the election.
Rory Stewart owned up to smoking opium in Iran fifteen years ago. He does look like a nerdy schoolboy so we can rule him out. He’s also anti brexit unlike virtually all the others.
I don’t think Boris will win. Probably Gove but Raab will no doubt do well and end up with a high profile job

This is a load of bollox it goes to show how scared people are of Boris.
Why now? Why not 3 years ago.
Do you honestly think the 350 million payment to the Eu weekly was a lie, I think there is a bit more intelligence with the leave who would know what we pay to the Eu. What was wrong was the message on the side of the bus saying we could use the 350 million for the NHS instead with the operative word Instead, which how it was worded on the side of the bus.
From what I heard on the news about this fake figure that Boris used (did he say it? or was it just on the side of the bus) the true figure was not 350 million because we get a rebate so technically we give 350 million but we do get some back in the form of a rebate. But as far as I can see we do give 350 million, so where is the lie the remainer businessman who crowd funded to bring a private prosecution, he’s worried.

Back
Top Bottom