National News Boris Johnson

Takes Daily Mail job, breaks Ministerial Code by doing so without getting authorisation from ACOBA.
All in a days work...

Report says a spokesman for Boris‘s is in touch with Acoba and the normal process is being followed 🤔

So what that really means is that yet again Boris flaunts the rules and continues to take this p155, as per normal.

Report says a spokesman for Boris‘s is in touch with Acoba and the normal process is being followed 🤔

So what that really means is that yet again Boris flaunts the rules and continues to take this p155, as per normal.
Yes, not 100% incorrect. Got in touch 30mins before announcement. But not 100% correct either.

The Conservatives won’t even close to winning the next election.Although there is some argument Boris was hounded out in that there was really proof of one breach of covid drinking, he has clearly been the architect of his own destruction.
The people of this country deserved better. They voted in a Conservative government by an 80 seat majority on a policy to deliver brexit. Even that has been screwed up with many problems faced, Ireland etc, arranging treaties and more.
Politics has been brought in complete disrepute. I don’t seriously believe Labour would do any better, given the debts incurred following covid.
A question that the Labour leader never asks the PM is when will the business covid loans be repaid?
What disgusts me is Nadine Dorries whining she isn’t getting a peerage, and those that did. For what exactly?
I wish we could have politicians of principle as of years ago. Denis Healy, Dennis Skinner, Glenda Jackson on the Labour side, for example. There were true Tories who had a conscience. These days it is greed and ambition. Career politicians who seem not to care about their constituents.
id be interested to know if EY still thinks the Conservatives have more than a 10% chance of victory in the polls next year

Although there is some argument Boris was hounded out in that there was really proof of one breach of covid drinking, he has clearly been the architect of his own destruction.

Do you mean over this report?

The photo evidence doesn’t look that strong. I remember Starmer was photographed with beer and his supporters.
That said I’m sure a lot of people wanted him gone as he was shown to be a hypocrite….and a liar which everyone knew before anyway

The meeting at which Starmer was photographed was investigated by the police and it was found there was no case to answer. Johnson on the other hand broke the law multiple times and was fined for doing so - but that was not why he had to go. The reason he had to go was that he lied to parliament multiple times and tried to influence the parliamentary committee that was set up to investigate those lies. It is not 'Partygate' that did for him, it was 'Lying repeatedly to parliament Gate'! And his Lockdown parties at Chequers haven't yet been thoroughly investigated.

The photo evidence doesn’t look that strong. I remember Starmer was photographed with beer and his supporters.
That said I’m sure a lot of people wanted him gone as he was shown to be a hypocrite….and a liar which everyone knew before anyway

This report though is about whether he lied to Parliament, and he did even if taken as only one occasion.

Ironically many MPs and cabinet ministers lie to parliament. The electorate are sick of it. A change to PR is badly needed to allow proper representation.
Of course MPs won’t be like turkeys voting for Christmas

Ironically many MPs and cabinet ministers lie to parliament.
Do they? They'll certainly try not to tell any inconvenient truths and will deflect, spin and avoid - but if they deliberately lie (or even mistakenly present something as fact when it isn't) and are caught doing so, they have to apologise to the House and correct their 'error'. Johnson not only lied, he refused to apologise and in fact doubled down by repeating the lies. What's more he wasn't just any old MP or even a cabinet minister - he was the Prime Minister! The person who is supposed to lead the country, set an example, embody at least something of the national spirit.

If other politicians do something similar, I hope the same thing happens to them - no matter what party they represent. If politics and politicians are to regain some sort of respect and authority, there has to be a sea change in their behaviour, their honesty (not just in front of parliament) and their attitude towards 'the rest of us'.

worth a read from the Guardian this morning.

Somebody needs to tell him plenty of white people were warning the same thing and other things about Johnson. Also the generalisation that only anti woke Ethnic minorities voted for him.

worth a read from the Guardian this morning.

Not really… what has colour got to do with any of this…

Plenty of us “white folk” thought it was a shockingly bad idea too.

That article is rather sad and pathetic.

The bloke has still got armed police minders re TV out jogging big blacked out widows limo following behind !

So the Commons unsurprisingly backed the damning report on Johnson, all bar 7 swivel eyed loons who are still part of the cult. However much I disagree with those seven though, my greatest contempt is reserved for the Tory MPs who stayed away because they were too scared to vote for what was right in case some of their constituents disagreed. Shame on them.

So the Commons unsurprisingly backed the damning report on Johnson, all bar 7 swivel eyed loons who are still part of the cult. However much I disagree with those seven though, my greatest contempt is reserved for the Tory MPs who stayed away because they were too scared to vote for what was right in case some of their constituents disagreed. Shame on them.
I think it's even worse than that. Without a formal written constitution bodies such as the Standards Committee are the bed rock of the integrity of our sovereign democracy. For the group of self serving politicians who have been shoving sovereignty down our throats for the past seven years to undermine this in order to not be seen to criticise the most untrustworthy, lying PM this county had even had is reprehensible and speaks volumes of who they really care about. Sorry to break it to you but it's not you and me.

Last edited:
There are clearly many politicians who are beneath contempt. Currently most of those are Tories because Labour, Lib Dems and others are staying below the parapet as they realise starting quiet is the best way to ensure a non-Tory government next time around.

I have particular local contempt for Lia Nici, Tory MP for Great Grimsby. Yes, Great Grimsby, once the world's leading fishing port but left to flounder and decline by successive governments. So the usual ardent Labour adherents in this town decided on a change 'for the better' and welcomed Nia.

Despite her promises, the port continues to decline. Youngs have just announced the closure of another fish processing plant. Grimsby relies on processing of imported Icelandic fish nowadays since its own fleet disappeared.

Nia helpfully suggested that the 285 people to be laid off should 'look for other opportunities and re-train'. I can only assume Nia rarely visits Grimsby or understands it's plight.

Still, never mind, even as the Tories flutter from power next time NIa will probably retain her seat and her salary because the locals will still believe she will somehow turn things around. There appears to be nowt as stupid as the British electorate.
Ah, Nici - an MP so poor, that despite blindly backing Boris she still only got the position of "parliamentary under-secretary of state at the Department for Levelling Up" in his final lame duck government (after everyone else had resigned). Another ringing endorsement by Truss making her an Assistant Whip. Her stance is summed up by the quote "there are some very sinister, extreme left-wing things going on in our country and they're trying to lobby government and companies"

There are clearly many politicians who are beneath contempt. Currently most of those are Tories because Labour, Lib Dems and others are staying below the parapet as they realise starting quiet is the best way to ensure a non-Tory government next time around.

I have particular local contempt for Lia Nici, Tory MP for Great Grimsby. Yes, Great Grimsby, once the world's leading fishing port but left to flounder and decline by successive governments. So the usual ardent Labour adherents in this town decided on a change 'for the better' and welcomed Nia.

Despite her promises, the port continues to decline. Youngs have just announced the closure of another fish processing plant. Grimsby relies on processing of imported Icelandic fish nowadays since its own fleet disappeared.

Nia helpfully suggested that the 285 people to be laid off should 'look for other opportunities and re-train'. I can only assume Nia rarely visits Grimsby or understands it's plight.

Still, never mind, even as the Tories flutter from power next time NIa will probably retain her seat and her salary because the locals will still believe she will somehow turn things around. There appears to be nowt as stupid as the British electorate.

Pre the current Conservative incumbent wasn’t it a Labour MP in Grimsby? If things were going so badly under Labour why wouldn’t they have voted to change that? Why would they go straight back to the party that ignored places like Grimsby to court the metropolitan and student vote?

Labour lost a lot of votes in poorer areas because they took the P**s and thought they were always going to get voted in, not certain it’s stupid of the electorate to tell them where to go, keeping on voting for them certainly wasn’t working.

Back
Top Bottom