National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I agree. At that time we were told we must social distance and so all the neighbours sat distanced having a drink on our local green. No different to what happened at no.10 a garden.
No. At that time the rule set by Boris and chums was no social gatherings at all and only meet max one person outdoors

You obviously set much lower standards for your politicians than I do. This is just one of numerous examples of Pinocchio's moral bankrupcy. Still ignoring the law maker issue. No acceptable excuse for that is there. That will ultimately be the straw that breaks Pinocchio's nose.

You obviously set much lower standards for your politicians than I do. This is just one of numerous examples of Pinocchio's moral bankrupcy. Still ignoring the law maker issue. No acceptable excuse for that is there. That will ultimately be the straw that breaks Pinocchio's nose.
Even major Tory donor John Caudwell is now starting to say Sort it out or get out or the party will be wiped out at the next election.

Not into Politics but i'm led to believe that another story will hit the headlines Friday re Boris.

Not into Politics but i'm led to believe that another story will hit the headlines Friday re Boris.
It is looking like the process to remove has already started, the drip feeding of incidents that have obviously been held to be used in an orchestrated campaign. I am sure there is a lot more to be revealed.

It is looking like the process to remove has already started, the drip feeding of incidents that have obviously been held to be used in an orchestrated campaign. I am sure there is a lot more to be revealed.

Yep, reports of another party, albeit his Private Secretary if Newsnight/Daily Torygraph are to be believed.

No. At that time the rule set by Boris and chums was no social gatherings at all and only meet max one person outdoors
Aspects of the law at that time were frankly overboard. I personally have no issue with socially distanced drinks between work colleagues outside it's very low risk.

But it was the law. Made by these same people. And that is why he should have resigned.

The Tory party…pardon the pun…have history of dropping leaders, Theresa May and Margaret Thatcher for example.
I would imagine the money is now on Liz Truss who will have appeal for the women voting and for those that have fallen out with Boris.
Interesting times ahead

Aspects of the law at that time were frankly overboard. I personally have no issue with socially distanced drinks between work colleagues outside it's very low risk.

But it was the law. Made by these same people. And that is why he should have resigned.
I agree.

It’s the principle that sticks in the throat. But it makes him unviable as a leader, because he will never get compliance from the public again.

The Tory party…pardon the pun…have history of dropping leaders, Theresa May and Margaret Thatcher for example.
I would imagine the money is now on Liz Truss who will have appeal for the women voting and for those that have fallen out with Boris.
Interesting times ahead

Good help us.

It’s looking like her or Sunak. Can’t understand the clamour for Sunak from the Tory faithful. He’s done his best to spend his way out of the crisis. And all the time he’s done it that he’s had lots of criticism
saying he could’ve done more.
The reality is the country is in serious debt and is unable to help all those who claim to need help.
There are plenty of people in the U.K. who still believe we can help the rest of the worlds poverty crises too.
The reality is we can’t help everyone, We can’t get close to helping everyone.
To me BJ when he was elected was a breath of fresh air. His idea of levelling up, good in theory, has been effectively jettisoned by covid. I feel he has let down those people who elected him, especially those up north who switched to blue. He has lost the confidence of the electorate.
I feel he has made a rod for his own back with the decisions he has made. I also believe there was a group of people out to get him. It can’t be any coincidence that all the rumours or truths leaked out just before five by elections. How did these photographers manage to get access and did they break any rules too?
Another question not brought up is how has Keir Starmer been tested positive so many times? Has he been fraternising where he shouldn’t?
it’ll be interesting to see if BJ is able to get out of this one, as I am sure there will be a campaign inside to remove him before the election looms

It’s looking like her or Sunak. Can’t understand the clamour for Sunak from the Tory faithful. He’s done his best to spend his way out of the crisis. And all the time he’s done it that he’s had lots of criticism
saying he could’ve done more.
The reality is the country is in serious debt and is unable to help all those who claim to need help.
There are plenty of people in the U.K. who still believe we can help the rest of the worlds poverty crises too.
The reality is we can’t help everyone, We can’t get close to helping everyone.
To me BJ when he was elected was a breath of fresh air. His idea of levelling up, good in theory, has been effectively jettisoned by covid. I feel he has let down those people who elected him, especially those up north who switched to blue. He has lost the confidence of the electorate.

Personally I think he'll say anything to get elected. Do people really think an Eton-educated toff from a very wealthy background has a desire to reinvigorate the North of the country? The decision to rein back on some HS2 links being clear evidence of this.

I feel he has made a rod for his own back with the decisions he has made. I also believe there was a group of people out to get him. It can’t be any coincidence that all the rumours or truths leaked out just before five by elections. How did these photographers manage to get access and did they break any rules too?
Another question not brought up is how has Keir Starmer been tested positive so many times? Has he been fraternising where he shouldn’t?
it’ll be interesting to see if BJ is able to get out of this one, as I am sure there will be a campaign inside to remove him before the election looms

It's very easy to catch Covid particularly the Omicrom strain. As leader of the opposition, he will have many professional engagements where people will be gathered in numbers, he will work in an office environment with advisers and aides. Importantly though, he hasn't been caught flouting any Covid rules, not something that can be said about our glorious leader (allegedly for now or at least until PMQs)

Personally I think he'll say anything to get elected. Do people really think an Eton-educated toff from a very wealthy background has a desire to reinvigorate the North of the country? The decision to rein back on some HS2 links being clear evidence of this.

It's very easy to catch Covid particularly the Omicrom strain. As leader of the opposition, he will have many professional engagements where people will be gathered in numbers, he will work in an office environment with advisers and aides. Importantly though, he hasn't been caught flouting any Covid rules, not something that can be said about our glorious leader (allegedly for now or at least until PMQs)
1641987847867.png

Well this was doing the rounds....... little context, but it was while the rest of us weren`t allowed to meet others indoors.......

View attachment 7786

Well this was doing the rounds....... little context, but it was while the rest of us weren`t allowed to meet others indoors.......
If that proves a breach of the rules, then he should be taken to task. The fact that no-one has pursued this (particularly given Boris's current issues) suggests that this wasn't a rule breach.

Back
Top Bottom