National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I would support genuine PR but it is unlikely to ever change as we had our "once in a generation" chance and fudged that!
But we've not had our once in a generation PR vote yet. Not that it would matter, because the press would be bombarding us with B*****s about hung parliaments and minority King-makers...

But we've not had our once in a generation PR vote yet. Not that it would matter, because the press would be bombarding us with B*****s about hung parliaments and minority King-makers...

No the stupid people in charge went for AV to appease the Lib Dems....... ergo a PR Referendum is unlikely in the next 10,20 or 30 years as there isn`t a "need" for it .....although there is!!

AV isn't PR, and wasn't it the tories that watered it down?

It could be said AV might give a more reflective result than FPTP?
Who knows who watered it down?
Either way we got the choice we were given and are left with FPTP and constituencies that could put a rosette on a plank of wood and it would win.

It's almost like they're afraid of democracy [emoji848]

The purest form of democracy............. simple referendum with a Yes/No answer and then following the will of the majority of voters. :) 🤷‍♀️

It could be said AV might give a more reflective result than FPTP?
Who knows who watered it down?
Either way we got the choice we were given and are left with FPTP and constituencies that could put a rosette on a plank of wood and it would win.

The purest form of democracy............. simple referendum with a Yes/No answer and then following the will of the majority of voters. :) 🤷‍♀️
Easy to manipulate, favoured by dictators and despots to give a thin veil of credibility.....

I can see why you like it :ROFLMAO:

Easy to manipulate, favoured by dictators and despots to give a thin veil of credibility.....

I can see why you like it :ROFLMAO:
But will it then be controlled and executed largely by people who fiercely opposed and campaigned against it, who subsequently pretend that they are all for the thing that they openly said would be a terrible idea, despite being firmly on the record as to otherwise? And will they have been telling lies when they said it was a bad thing before they had as much to lose or will they have been telling lies when they later say that it’s a good thing because they’re being paid to work on it? I’m a bit confused. I’m not very bright, you see.

Anyway, looks like unelected bureaucrat Lord Frost has resigned.

Lord Frost is reported to have resigned from the Govt. And on it goes for Johnson....

Oh and this (I hope it is genuine and the source would suggest so):

I love that it is Steve Baker that says "enough is enough" and Andrew Bridgen backs him up. I'm waiting for the splitters to form a new group/WhatsApp group and fighting to start between the 2 groups.

Lord Frost is reported to have resigned from the Govt. And on it goes for Johnson....

Oh and this (I hope it is genuine and the source would suggest so):

Lord Frost is opposed to masks and Covid regulations and wants the UK to be a lightly regulated low tax economy. I’m sure he wouldn’t have bothered with furlough, health and safety, or a minimum wage.

Lord Frost is opposed to masks and Covid regulations and wants the UK to be a lightly regulated low tax economy. I’m sure he wouldn’t have bothered with furlough, health and safety, or a minimum wage.
What's that got to do with his Brexit role? Seems like a weak excuse to run away before Brexit damages the economy any further. Why are none of the Brexiteers (David Davies did a runner too) willing to see through on their utopian vision I wonder?

What's that got to do with his Brexit role? Seems like a weak excuse to run away before Brexit damages the economy any further. Why are none of the Brexiteers (David Davies did a runner too) willing to see through on their utopian vision I wonder?
I guess I’m saying in a backhanded way that if you don’t like Boris you’ll really dislike the other lot. Someone described Johnson as ‘a Labrador adopted by pitbulls’.

He was driving a Mercedes* so I assume the FIA will be looking to give him a 10 place grid penalty.

*Mentioned in other reports.
Ah yes, this guy.

BBC News - Jamie Wallis: Bridgend MP 'misled press' over sugar daddy site

I’m surprised that almost nobody has jumped all over the fact that it’s now in writing from Tory Brexiteer MPs that:

1) The “whole point of Brexit” is radical supply-side reform. Which means mass deregulation, lower corporate taxes, lower employment rights and protections for workers, destruction of unions and an assault of environmental and human rights. No assumptions, that’s literally what supply-side policies are built upon. I don’t remember seeing that on the side of a bus. I thought it was about giving the little people control? Sounds like it’s giving 99% of the population nothing but a fist up the a**e.

2) Steve Baker is on record as confirming that “someone” essentially had a sly tamper with democracy by getting Farage to stand down in return for… what exactly? What did somebody give him, Steve? Were they worried about the “will of the people” not being reflected the right way?

I feel sorry for anybody who still believes these criminals at this point. At least Frost can stop pretending he believes in what he’s doing now (although he’s already lied and claimed he voted for it when he’s on the record as opposing it publicly over and over before the vote, so he clearly doesn’t have a moral compass). Although we’re going to be paying for his peerage for the rest of his life, all because they wanted to put him in the cabinet without anybody needing to vote for him. Because that’s democracy in action, baby.

Enjoy the final days of Boris Johnson. Who and what comes next is going to be violent.

B9EFA5E4-424F-471C-9519-3339775C82C0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom