National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

And do you not see the irony in the fact that the Labour man you view as the biggest piece of s**t ever, is the one you also view as the most Tory-like ever.

No wonder you are confused.com
Blair was along with his own version of Cummings (Campbell)

Only 54 more needed or at least a few "heavyweights" to do the same.
If not he`s just signed his own resignation letter................

Can Johnson just sack an MP?

I don't think so although the whip can be withdrawn. It would take his Constituency Party to vote him out of being their representative at the next election. And based on the approval ratings for Johnson, I reckon Roger Gale would win that one comfortably.

And do you not see the irony in the fact that the Labour man you view as the biggest piece of s**t ever, is the one you also view as the most Tory-like ever.

No wonder you are confused.com
Blair was along with his own version of Cummings (Campbell)

Does anyone think, even for just one tiny, tiny minute that the vast majority of the 30,000 odd people that either switched their vote or simply didn't bother, will not revert to their "traditional" voting pattern come a General Election......

Does anyone think, even for just one tiny, tiny minute that the vast majority of the 30,000 odd people that either switched their vote or simply didn't bother, will not revert to their "traditional" voting pattern come a General Election......

Exactly.

By-elections mean precisely nothing in the context of future General elections.

They’re a pretty good indication going by general elections in the past though.
Gordon Brown lost his way around 2009 with sentiment going against him.
The Conservatives have proved in the past that they are happy to despatch a leader, eg Margaret Thatcher. Even though she had a very comfortable majority, John Major was installed as leader.
The challenge the party has too is that they have been in office for eleven years, and the electorate will want change for change sake

-12.4% the Starmer effect................. or tactical voting for the LibDems.

Mid-term by-elections often deliver a bloody nose, it is how the party, and specifically, its leadership reacts that matters.

Proves The Inquisitor General isn`t all that either.
Tells you what would happen if Uk had a proper representative voting system instead of the FPTP bullshit. You wouldn’t see the tories again for a decade.

Tells you what would happen if Uk had a proper representative voting system instead of the FPTP bullshit. You wouldn’t see the tories again for a decade.

I would support genuine PR but it is unlikely to ever change as we had our "once in a generation" chance and fudged that!

Who made up the rule on "once in a generation" [emoji848]

The rarity of "asking the people" is the "rule" because, generally, politicians don`t like the answers. :ROFLMAO:

If you take out the devolution questions we`ve only been asked 3 times.

1975 - Stay in the EEC.
2011 - FPTP or AV
2016 - The EU one.

I would be very surprised if I see another UK-wide referendum before I curl my toes up.

Back
Top Bottom