Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Smyth

• No one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why can’t Chris Williams just ask an open question? Every time he virtually answers the question as he is asking it!
Williams needs to more challenging and less up the managers backside.
He works for the club as the person responsible for public relations. He’s hardly going to channel his inner Roger Cook.

Williams is employed by the club as Communications Manager. His job is to produce content (like post match interviews) for the club, not to rip into his own colleagues like Paxman taking on a politician on Newsnight.
Oh cool. You went Paxman, I went Roger Cook.

This is Voodoo / Java all over again.

Williams is employed by the club as Communications Manager. His job is to produce content (like post match interviews) for the club, not to rip into his own colleagues like Paxman taking on a politician on Newsnight.
He’s employed by the club. It’s his job to ask soft questions. He’s definitely going to challenge the manager in any meaningful way. For the same reason, PRB should not be a RadOx summariser. You’re never going to be publicly critical of your employers.

He’s employed by the club. It’s his job to ask soft questions. He’s definitely going to challenge the manager in any meaningful way. For the same reason, PRB should not be a RadOx summariser. You’re never going to be publicly critical of your employers.
Oops. “He’s never”…. Not “He’s definitely “…

He works for the club as the person responsible for public relations. He’s hardly going to channel his inner Roger Cook.
I'd like him to channel his inner Norman Cook and spice the pre-match music up a bit. I think Methven gave EDM a bad reputation at Sunderland - there's a happy medium somewhere.

• React
Reactions: MJB
If Chris isn’t willing to interview an angry Manning at 6am with his foot lodged against the manager’s front door, he’s not doing it right.
“You’ve been selling hooky gear, haven’t you Mr Manning? You and Chris Hogg: you’ve been selling counterfeit training tops at car boot sales ever since you arrived at this club, isn’t that right? We’ve been filming you for weeks, sir. What do you have to say for yourself?”

Still doesn’t have to answer the question he himself has asked though does he? Let the manager reply to the questions, they are not exactly the Spanish Inquisition.

“You’ve been selling hooky gear, haven’t you Mr Manning? You and Chris Hogg: you’ve been selling counterfeit training tops at car boot sales ever since you arrived at this club, isn’t that right? We’ve been filming you for weeks, sir. What do you have to say for yourself?”
Ryan, if you’re in any way suggesting that Chris looks like Roger Cook if he had a hairpiece and a 1990s polyester suit, I forget what my original point was.

9F779B97-D9BD-404E-9A4C-C2AA1150D130.jpeg

Still doesn’t have to answer the question he himself has asked though does he? Let the manager reply to the questions, they are not exactly the Spanish Inquisition.
No, he doesn't. But my point was that Williams will never be Fatboy Slim. Or something like that.

As a club we can’t get distracted by this kind of nonsense. It’s all about the Right Here, Right Now until May.
I’m rarely slow to Praise You, but in this particular case I couldn’t agree more. It’s time to Drop The Hate.

As a club we can’t get distracted by this kind of nonsense. It’s all about the Right Here, Right Now until May.
I agree. At least since Manning has come in we seem more organised, albeit a bit blunt up front. I bet he wishes he still had Taylor to call on - I'm pretty sure he'd be Manning's Weapon of Choice.

• React
Reactions: MJB
This is not my listening experience- I'm often in "wrist splitting" moments when PRB is in doom laden mood or pleasantly uplifted by his COYY! As for CW I should think he is used to qualifying his questions so as to soften the effect esp. from a volatile KR - I mean it is a more conversational style than interrigational - in manner Nathan often has to move in on the semi barbed 😅

Well I thought it was a penalty at the time and still do now.

The Wendy lad puts himself on the floor between Browne and the ball and moves towards it blocking Browne off. No attempt to play the ball but a clear attempt to stop Browne.

Sure, Browne goes for the theatrical, but that's a penalty all day long for me.

My observations

Thought Eastwood was very good, as someone else said the two kicking errors at the start one bobbled right in front of him and the over was an over hit pass from long. Made some key saves and catches from crosses.

Thought Moore was very good during the game - seemed to win a lot of his battles.

Marcus Browne - I thought was really good, I am not his biggest fan, but today he worked really hard and has always had the skill. Looked to me like he trusted his body more and was fearing injury.

Joseph looked a threat second half on the right and would definitely start him there rather than through the middle as gave us a good outball.

We still lack a real attacking threat but felt we created a few chances where we just chose the wrong option or overhit the final pass. Overall was promising from the team - fingers crossed for a similar performance and 3 points on Monday.
I think Browne likes the cameras!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom