• Sheffield Wednesday win

Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
My Easter Bunny whispered in my ear that we are overdue a win. Will this be the match?

Starting to feel a very long time since I have seen us win, even with Wednesday choking at the moment I feel greedy being hopeful of a draw but fingers crossed we can come away with something.

I'm reasonably confident we will at least get a point we are something of a bogey team for Sheffield Wednesday so let's hope that continues would be over the moon with a win

When we played them in December, I thought they looked a pretty mediocre side.

Then they won 11 out of their next 12 in the league, with the only blemish being a draw at Ipswich. Made me think we must have just seen them on an off-day.

But now they've not won in five (despite some friendly fixtures) so maybe they're having an off-month!?

Defend as well as we did at Posh, and we'll have a chance.

This is a great opportunity for us. Sheff Wed’s form is woeful right now and they are missing two key players in Windass and Byers who are unlikely to be back in time. Crazy how a few injuries can completely capitulate their form and expose their lack of depth after a 23 game unbeaten run. They are really feeling the pressure after blowing what could’ve been a 9pt lead at the top had they won their games in hand and this will help us greatly.

As long as we don’t fall behind early, we can get something out of this. They will have to win else they could be 4th come next Monday. We are under pressure too but even a draw could be a good result and despite Wednesday’s recent run, they still pose a huge threat.

Take a draw now. But how many times this season have we played teams that haven't won in six then they beat us. On a terrible run and they beat us .We haven't won in ,is it 12. So I can't see a win yet any time soon .I would take 1-1 now.

Home win 2-1 ....first win under LM, hoodoo over the Owls continues....and the scoreline throws a confounding spanner in the works of sky sports pundits intended slant on the match
That sounds good to me! I'd almost be willing to listen to Lee Hendrie telling us how "brilliant" we were. (almost but, maybe not!)

With a bumper crowd expected I want us to give Liam the proper welcome he deserves. Lots of noise and colour. See if we can keep a "Liam Manning's Yellow Army" going for long periods. Would do the team a massive confidence boost hearing a united fan base behind them.

With a bumper crowd expected I want us to give Liam the proper welcome he deserves. Lots of noise and colour. See if we can keep a "Liam Manning's Yellow Army" going for long periods. Would do the team a massive confidence boost hearing a united fan base behind them.
I actually thought that chant was quite noticeable at Peterborough. Even those with reservations giving it an airing.

We have a habit of helping teams out of "bad" runs. Wednesday are on theirs and I think the positive vibe just starting to simmer here is going to get a bit of a cool down. Hope I'm wrong but I'll be happy with another draw tbh

We have a habit of helping teams out of "bad" runs. Wednesday are on theirs and I think the positive vibe just starting to simmer here is going to get a bit of a cool down. Hope I'm wrong but I'll be happy with another draw tbh
A draw would be a good result.

1-1 draw, can't see us keeping two clean sheets in a row, can't really see where our goal will come from but just have a feeling for that score, an own goal by one of their players as a late equalizer as they continue to choke (then hopefully turn it round on Monday against Accrington).

This is a big weekend it's funny because both port vale and Sheffield Wednesday could have a lot to do with how the weekend turns out .. I'm hoping Taylor can find his goalscoring boots against Accrington on Friday..we get at least a point against Sheffield Wednesday (would be over the moon with a win) ..then we move on to Monday where we play port vale (we won 4-0 earlier in the season) and Accrington play Sheffield Wednesday.. come 5pm on Monday we could be in the relegation zone or we could have a nice bit of breathing space

Accrington will be seeing Port Vale as a game bordering on 'must win". So a win for Port Vale and they will need a dramatic change in form to have any chance.
So long as they don't win....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom