• Draw

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Sheffield Wednesday win

Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend could make or break our season.

A couple of good results, with other results going our way, and I’ll feel much better about our chances of staying up.

The alternative scenario doesn’t bare thinking about.

Big weekend…

It's going to be tough but it's a free hit game. Anything for us is a bonus but for Sheff Wed it would be a disaster even a draw. Another week on the practice pitch Another stubborn midfield and defensive battle then who knows. We would all take 1-1 now.

Its a bit mad that everyone is focussing on their form, I mean they have won in the last two and a half months, been so long since we won a game I have forgotten what it feels like. We need to start scrapping like hell though, seemed to realise we were in a relegation fight last week for the first time so hopefully that carries over, I doubt it will be much of a game but will take that if we come away with something.

It's going to be tough but it's a free hit game. Anything for us is a bonus but for Sheff Wed it would be a disaster even a draw. Another week on the practice pitch Another stubborn midfield and defensive battle then who knows. We would all take 1-1 now.
No game is a 'free hit game' for us between now and the end of the season, we need to dig in and fight. Every single point is vital, if we lose every single goal we can restrict the damage to is vital. 'Free hit' thinking suggests a relaxation of thought, and kicking the can down the road to the next game. Do this enough, and you run out of matches. Fight like this game is the be-all and end-all.

No game is a 'free hit game' for us between now and the end of the season, we need to dig in and fight. Every single point is vital, if we lose every single goal we can restrict the damage to is vital. 'Free hit' thinking suggests a relaxation of thought, and kicking the can down the road to the next game. Do this enough, and you run out of matches. Fight like this game is the be-all and end-all.
You’re much more civilised than me. I wanted to say something similar but all I could do was fart out of sheer horror.

We “kicked the can down the road” in May 2006.
Then we realised, too late, the can had been kicked into the gutter.

Makes a change players being out when facing us -
Predicted Wednesday line-up (3-5-2)

David Stockdale

Dominic Iorfa
Aden Flint
Akin Famewo

Liam Palmer
Will Vaulks
Barry Bannan
Reece James
Marvin Johnson

Lee Gregory
Michael Smith

Owls set to be without Josh Windass, George Byers, Jack Hunt, Ben Heneghan, Michael Ihiekwe and Callum Patterson.
Still a strong team but nowhere near effective as without their absentees. We're not in great form either so it's not going to be easy by any means but even with our predicament, the pressure is all on them especially as they need to win to maintain a top two place and could easily be down to 4th come Monday. It's a real pity we lack firepower and pace because that is not the youngest or most mobile outfit and it feels like Aden Flint has been around forever.

Utterly ridiculous to call any game a free hit, much less o a home game against a team who drew with Cheltenham last away game and before that conspired to lose to First Green, who are a worse team than us and were on an even worse run than we are currently at the time.

We might well lose but to write it off is crazy. We're perfectly capable of getting a result tomorrow

We need to summon the spirit of the old Manor ground tomorrow.

I remember when the big teams used to come to town, and their fans would fill the away end, we would get that place rocking, and we’d give em a good hiding!

Granted, we’d then lose the next week against one of the bottom teams, but that’s irrelevant 🤣

I didn't say dismiss the game quite the opposite I play professional sport .So understand and now coach sycology in golf. Some times the feel of a game you are not expected to win frees you up and you perform better.Lets hope its this game .

Pain when match is not on iFollow as I live abroad.
Any yellows in Antalya Turkey I know a bar showing the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom