Away Match Day Thread *** 4/8/2018 Barnsley FC v OUFC match day thread ***

Blind optimism says 1-3 with Beaks, Smith and Henry on target. The lucky gloves have spontaneously combusted in this heat so will settle for a gritty draw. Can't wait. COYY !

Going to miss listening live to the first game of the season as I'm taking my parents out for the day (bad planning months ago on my part!)

I can't see us not conceding. However, I also can't see us not scoring.

I'll be positive and say 2-1. Brannagan and Hall

COYY

Tough game Barnsley will be there or there abouts next May. But playing then early might be a good thing. 2:1 to the mighty yellows Goal machine Beaks and Henry with the goals and Eastwood man of the match. COYY

Last Barnsley Home League clash with Oxford Utd - Bank Holiday Monday August 31st 1998:

Barnsley 1 Oxford U 0
Goal - John Hendrie
Att: 15,328

Tykes:

David Watson; Nicky Eaden, Chris Morgan, Adie Moses, Darren Barnard; Kevin Richardson, Martin Bullock,
Robbie van der Laan, Matty Appleby; John Hendrie, Ashley Ward

Subs: Jan Aage Fjørtoft, Darren Sheridan, Sean McClare

U’s:

Phil Whitehead; Les Robinson, Phil Whelan, Phil Gilchrist, Simon Marsh; Joey Beauchamp, Martin Gray,
Matt Murphy, Paul Powell; Dean Windass, Jamie Cook

Subs: Danny Hill, Nick Banger, Andy Thomson

Oxford Times says Browne not available due to minor knee injury. We stayed in Barnsley last night. Overcast earlier this morning but brightening up now.

Woo hoo. Game face time. The new season is here. Sneaky 2-1 to the U’s.
COYY

Right, morning routine with the boy done. Breakfast and then jumping in the car for the two journey from Warwickshire. COYY!

Good to see so much positivity!

However this is potentially one of the toughest games of the season.

Could be a good time to play them, who knows?

I’d take a 1-1 draw. (Obika)

Expect a close, hard fought draw today. But you never know... 3 points would be brilliant.

Just getting train from kings cross. Absolutely buzzing - got some bad news yesterday, so am particularly looking forward to today for three reasons: another ground checked off, a chance to see our new players (particularly excited about Garbutt and Smith) and, after a summer of fairweather England fans packing every pub in London, the opportunity to get back to proper gritty, tribal League 1 football. Lavit.

A good tester to start. Who wouldn’t be happy with a point today?

1-1 Obika

Obviously would love a win - as I've seen nothing but defeats for us at oakwell. That said, if we are competitive with a goal threat it will stand us in good stead for the season even if this one doesn't go our way.

Leaving Chester at 10.30am, parked up and in the East Dene WM Club by 12, no voice by 3.03, back in Chester by 7 with a curry and a G&T. You can’t beat an away day.

Great call Mr Wig. Enjoying a beer in there now. Plenty of yellows at 12.30!! Rumour that supporters coach has broken down. Hope that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom