Away Match Day Thread *** 4/8/2018 Barnsley FC v OUFC match day thread ***

Going for a mad 3-3 draw with 1500 away fans. Obika putting us ahead. Garbutt with a free kick to pull it back to 2-2. Smith to come off the bench and score a thumping header to make it 3-3 in added time.

Wild celebrations from the players and fans which set the foundations for our title winning season. Robinson post match declaring Oxford United the greatest club in the land.

I absolutely love the first game of the season.
Can I have 2 pints of what you're drinking please

With all the talent in the squad, I'd quite like KR to take the risk this season and not have a GK on the bench.

4-2 tomorrow, hopefully to us.

Given the recent yo-yoing between the Championship and League One.....all signs point towards Barnsley being one of the top sides in the division this year. Although looking at their team page, they do seem pretty damn young.

Still....from the evidence of the last couple of years, early doors is often the right time to play these teams, so good chance of nicking something.

I'd settle for a point though.

I am so looking forward to this game.. leave Bicester at 8, drop missus, youngest son and dog at mother in laws in Nether Heage, then another hour to Barnsley.
Meet up with folk I haven't seen for 3 months, watch the game then home, remembering to pick up the family on the way ?
To all OUFC fans everywhere.... have a great season following the mighty yellows!!

Given the recent yo-yoing between the Championship and League One.....all signs point towards Barnsley being one of the top sides in the division this year. Although looking at their team page, they do seem pretty damn young.

Still....from the evidence of the last couple of years, early doors is often the right time to play these teams, so good chance of nicking something.

I'd settle for a point though.
So..... We might win, a loss is on the cards, but a draw is possible? Do you ever bet on games? ;)

Hopefully we get at least a draw which would represent a good result. Tough first month . Going for 1-1 with an Obika goal. Coyy.

Eastwood
McMahon Nelson Dickie Garbutt
Brannagan Ruffells
Carruthers Brown
Henry/Mackie
Smith

Win 2-1 Smith both goals
Holmes to replace Ruffs next week

Getting coach for first time tomorrow, anyone know whereabouts the pick up is in Sainsbury Kidlington? Is it the front of the store

1-0 to the yellows
Dickie 80th minute
(Btw he’s 40/1 first and last goal scorer).

• React
Reactions: Ian
Tough start and tough first 6 games, I'd take a point a Barnsley all day long,they look very strong going forward, 2-2 henry and smith to score! C O Y Y

Ahh A new season upon us, Fairly optimistic for tomorrow, making the early start of 8AM to make it up there for 1pm. Barnsley haven't won on the opening day since 2012/13 and only once more after that since 2004. Karl has never lost on the opening day. [I've definitely jinxed it now]

Line Up for tomorrow
Eastwood
Mcmahon Nelson Dickie Garbutt
Brannagan Mousinho
Hall Henry Carruthers
Obika

Bench: Shearer;Norman;Raglan;Ruffels;Browne;Mackie;Smith

Really good following tommorow, expect it to be around 1300 of us. Score? 1-2 i fancy Obika to carry on his form by bagging one and one from a Mcmahon corner.

"Leaving at 8am,to get there for 1pm"
F@@k me where do you live, Lands End ?

In sunny Pathos,So will be listening from afar,I think the last time I went to an opening game in Yawkshur was Huddersfield in 84,So will go with the same score, 3-0 Oxford.First goalscorer? Is that Aldridge fellow still playing ?

I've got those new season butterflies this morning! Oh how I've missed an away day.

I think others have already got the line up spot on. We really are lacking in the holding midfield positions, which has only just dawned on me.

Ah well. 3-1 Oxford, with 1234 away fans.

Back
Top Bottom