• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Anderson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like every other OUFC supporter I’m mightily relieved that we’re playing League 1 football next season, so I’ll be having a beer or two this evening to celebrate.

In some ways it feels wrong to celebrate what amounts to a poor season but from where we were after the Bristol Rovers game to where we are now as a football team is worth acknowledging and applauding.

In fairness I thought we should’ve gone for Appleton, but credit where credit’s due Manning and his assistant Hogg have done an excellent job. They did exactly what was needed to be done, made us more difficult to beat, gave the defence more protection, made sure the players knew in simple terms what their respective roles and responsibilities were on the pitch. They’ve slowly but surely installed the much needed belief and confidence into the players, and we can all see the benefit of their attention to detail and professionalism, particularly in the last few matches.

All of that after inheriting a complete mess left from Robinson. But the job has only just started for Manning and co, and the awful recruitment and management of our club over the last 18 months now needs to be rectified. I’m looking forward to seeing what sort of squad Manning puts together for next season.

The more I hear from Manning the more I like him. It’s so refreshing to hear the manager of our club talk in calm, and rationale manner. I think we’ve got a good ‘un.

No hyperbole, no gibberish, no, throwing players under a bus, no nonsensical emotive bullshit.

As predicted, FGR were staggeringly awful today. No skill, not much organization and most of them didn't try that hard. According to RadOx, they were only the 12th side ever to lose 30 games in a season in the third tier (and yes, our legendarily bad 2000/01 Kemp side was another).

But we were very good value. I don't know where our shooting boots were hidden, but it's a relief that we found them just in time this week.

Finish the season well next Sunday, and we could end up with the best goal difference in the bottom half of League One. That's probably a fair reflection of the quality of the players we've got......they were just cobbled together with no thought as to how the pieces would fit, and then horribly managed for the first three quarters of the season.

Another random stat - our defense has been exactly twice as good since Manning took over. 4 goals conceded every 3 games pre-Morecambe, 2/3 since.
We've also had more clean sheets in the league in April than we did in the rest of the season put together.

Awesome job, Liam Manning.

Now - let's go Huddersfield!!

Like every other OUFC supporter I’m mightily relieved that we’re playing League 1 football next season, so I’ll be having a beer or two this evening to celebrate.

In some ways it feels wrong to celebrate what amounts to a poor season but from where we were after the Bristol Rovers game to where we are now as a football team is worth acknowledging and applauding.

In fairness I thought we should’ve gone for Appleton, but credit where credit’s due Manning and his assistant Hogg have done an excellent job. They did exactly what was needed to be done, made us more difficult to beat, gave the defence more protection, made sure the players knew in simple terms what their respective roles and responsibilities were on the pitch. They’ve slowly but surely installed the much needed belief and confidence into the players, and we can all see the benefit of their attention to detail and professionalism, particularly in the last few matches.

All of that after inheriting a complete mess left from Robinson. But the job has only just started for Manning and co, and the awful recruitment and management of our club over the last 18 months now needs to be rectified. I’m looking forward to seeing what sort of squad Manning puts together for next season.

The more I hear from Manning the more I like him. It’s so refreshing to hear the manager of our club talk in calm, and rationale manner. I think we’ve got a good ‘un.

No hyperbole, no gibberish, no, throwing players under a bus, no nonsensical emotive bullshit.
Time will tell on the latter - but can definitely agree with the rest.

Really?

I've rather enjoyed their resurgence. Wouldn't you much rather see them send the franchise down?
No. MK are now an established club with supporters who started going as kids and are now taking their own kids along. Besides we will get more MK turn up up at the Kaz Stad than Cambridge fans. More dosh for us.

I'll be at the Witney beer festival so I will have access to seriously strong ales to celebrate or commiserate.

I'm going to be Optimistic. 2 Nil to us. Great Ormond Street £100 richer, and my hangover absolutely horrific.
How was the beer festival?

The best things that have happened this season are that we’ve got rid of Robinson, stayed up and the stadium situation appears to be moving forward.

Manning has really impressed me, we’ve only lost 2 since he joined and only conceded 6 goals. He’s measured, structured and progressive. Everything that the previous manager wasn’t. And we’ve already made significant progress. I am very much looking forward to seeing what HIS Oxford team will look like after a properly organised transfer window and a properly organised pre-season.

This escape from League 2 is down to Liam and Chris. They’ve taken on a team that was under manned, shot full of crocks, had no confidence and couldn’t beat an egg and have done what few thought was possible. Thank you Liam and Chris.
Robinson can go f**k himself.

£25 stake, just shy of £75 back including the stake and a tiny bonus for the double. Not to be sniffed at.
Thought u said you’d had a big bet Scotchers 🤣🤣👍. Well done mate 2-1 decent price on double

still need 5 signings

Two strikers
Two wingbacks
Goalkeeper
Go 352 next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom