• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Anderson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat here in deepest darkest Portsmouth, very pleased that we have survived. Small world I know but in my local there were 2 other guys wearing Oxford shirts. All 3 of us are now pissed, and all the Pompey are pissed off after the 4th playing of Perkele yellow and the Blue. Lol happy days.

According to my car's computer, it took me 1 hour and 55 minuts to drive home. 25 minutes of which was getting down that bloody hill in Nailsworth. So much for saving CO2.

What a relief. I’ve been really impressed with how Manning has stuck to his beliefs and turned around a side that couldn’t score in a brothel to knocking in goals for fun.

I was sceptical about his appointment but hold my hands up and now feel confident that he will build a free flowing team that will be challenging at the top again.

As the saying goes “you can’t polish a t**d“ but Manning has certainly sprinkled his magic glitter on it. COYY!

Ridiculous how football is a game of such small margins, one minute you’re facing a genuine possibility of trips to Barrow, Carlisle, Harrogate and a whole load of northern footballing outposts. An equaliser, at the death, in Milton Keynes and suddenly it can be Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Portsmouth, Bolton, Reading, Blackpool, Wigan, Barnsley, Charlton etc. We start again next season on a level playing field with most of these and 2022/23 will be quickly forgotten come a sunny day in August. Roll on 2023/24 when we go again.

Hard to find fault with any of our play today; Manning really has tightened us up at the back and gets us moving forward with pace and power. Three excellent goals and credit to Easty for his second half crucial save, kept his focus well there.
Congratulations to Ipswich, they were a cut above this league, and to Plymouth, mainly for their supporters who spend s**t loads of money following them all over the country all season long. We‘ll be up to play them in a couple of seasons..

Ridiculous how football is a game of such small margins, one minute you’re facing a genuine possibility of trips to Barrow, Carlisle, Harrogate and a whole load of northern footballing outposts. An equaliser, at the death, in Milton Keynes and suddenly it can be Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Portsmouth, Bolton, Reading, Blackpool, Wigan, Barnsley, Charlton etc. We start again next season on a level playing field with most of these and 2022/23 will be quickly forgotten come a sunny day in August. Roll on 2023/24 when we go again.
I agree , but (if needed) and given our current form we would (will) hammer Accy. Onwards and Upwards. COYY

I agree , but (if needed) and given our current form we would (will) hammer Accy. Onwards and Upwards. COYY

Yes, I think you’re right but you never know. Early goals for MK and Cambridge - who don't have the most taxing last day games - would have certainly given us the jitters. Thankfully, it’s all irrelevant now !

According to my car's computer, it took me 1 hour and 55 minuts to drive home. 25 minutes of which was getting down that bloody hill in Nailsworth. So much for saving CO2.
Waiting for the bloody park & ride bus took 25 minutes! And then, it sounded like it was about to give up the ghost.
That said, don't care. We won, we are safe and we have next season to plan for.

Would just like to point out, in a fans forum month ago, Karl Robinson literally laughed at the idea of Plymouth being promoted, after someone questioned him on why they secured their transfer targets and we didn't.

Today, they were promoted. Yet another thing that con artist got wrong.
He also sniggered the first time he was asked if he was looking over his shoulder.

Update. 2nd rendition of Mike Oldfield and Portsmouth followed by the 6th rendition of Perkele and Yellow from Coldplay.

We are staying up say we are staying up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom