Home Match Day Thread 26/12/2020 L1 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

SK making the strong (but obvious) point that Ruffs really benefits from Obita's defensive discipline.

One more match to survive for those on 4 bookings, before the threshold gets raised to 10 bookings. Gorrin didn't make it. Taylor and Kelly are the two who need to survive against Plymouth without a yellow.

ETzLL5XXkAAnj0a

Strange game to say the least. We dominated for 30 odd minutes they dominated the rest but we still had good chances. Could have been 6-6.

Player ratings:

Stevens. 9 MOTM. Unbelievable
Long 8. Solid. Never stopped.
Moore 8. Solid
Atkinson 7. Solid with a ropey couple of moments.
Ruffels 6. Good assist. Shocking after. No composure.
Gorrin 6. His poorest game for a while. Suspended for Plymouth
Kelly 6. Style of game didn’t suit him.
McGuane 8. Best outfield player. Brilliant on the ball.
Henry 8. Average attacking but 2 goalsaving clearances.
Taylor 8. Superb for both goals.
Obita 8. Great goal. Helped a poor Ruffels all afternoon. Some great crosses

I don’t like Agyei and Shodipo coming on together, too flaky and give the ball away.
Dan Agyei continues to frustrate when he can produce the performance he did when coming on against Northampton yet also gave us something of nothing today and less against Swindon. Shodipo definitely looks better when he starts, but seems to lack motivation when coming off the bench. They have to accept that it's a squad game because, on form, they have so much more to offer.

I don’t like Agyei and Shodipo coming on together, too flaky and give the ball away.
I don’t think his superb goal and assist against Northampton should hide the fact that Dan Agyei is more effective as a striker. I’d rather see him come on to replace/preserve a tiring Matty Taylor on 70-75 mins, rather than as a winger.

I

I think that tells its own story. That for one player having the game of his life wed have likely lost against AFC Wimbledon at home..

Robinson is absolutely tactically numb, a simple change had him completely flummoxed.

Its 3 points, of course thats always the aim, but we are so far from being a "good" team.
How many times have we played exceptionally well In the last two seasons and lost the game, 3 points are 3 points and we take it, we are in a results business
We took the the game to Wimbledon in the first half and let he visitors back in the game during the 2nd half just like the Swindon game, a better visiting team would have got something this afternoon and it looks like we are not learning from our mistakes.

The fact is we won, against a Dons side who have had some good results this season. Stevens made some great reactionary saves, unlucky with the post rebound onto his head. I think that hurt, it seemed to hit his nose. He has to sort his kicking out though, quite wayward. Also, why do we not play it out from the back, or at least mix it up, each time it was kicked long it seemed to go back to the Dons. That's kr's issue not the goalkeeper.

Back
Top Bottom