Home Match Day Thread +++ 05/09/2020 Carabao Cup R1 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon+++

I didn't see the game but we surely must have been better than England are.....

Listening to that drivel from radio oxford was painful , would have switched off had i not had it on ifollow to watch. feel sorry for fans who cant get to games if thats the best they can do.
Who do you usually listen to or is this the first time to radio OX

We usually get good coverage on Quest and Colin Murray is very knowledgable of lower league football. Certainly one of the best lower league highlight shows there has been in years gone by.
Yep and not much moe than 2 minutes if that

Please bare in mind, Joel Cooper and Sean Clare we absent today. Not suggesting that they would have revolutionised our performance but they are notable absentees.
True but Cooper is only going to be a part time player for the first few months, he's come from semi-pro football and it takes time to make the transition.

Who do you usually listen to or is this the first time to radio OX

Bath Yellow obviously has never had to listen to other local commentary teams! I actually think Jerome & co do a good job and I think if I didn’t hear Jerome do the commentary after all these years would seem weird.
As football fans we all like the good old days and Jerome is and was part of that.

That is the same for all Lg 1 and Lg 2 teams as they have less than an hour for all games. It used to be less as well but Quest extended it to an hour.

They have to cram 30 games into 120 minutes tonight. That’s just 4 minutes a game without talking, interviews, ad breaks so if we get 2 minutes we will be doing well.

Bath Yellow obviously has never had to listen to other local commentary teams! I actually think Jerome & co do a good job and I think if I didn’t hear Jerome do the commentary after all these years would seem weird.
As football fans we all like the good old days and Jerome is and was part of that.

They’re normally excellent I agree but I felt they were a bit off today. They had their talking points and didn’t seem to see anything happening in the game beyond that.

They’re normally excellent I agree but I felt they were a bit off today. They had their talking points and didn’t seem to see anything happening in the game beyond that.

Well I don't think they were helped with the lack of urgency of the game, no atmosphere as backing noise aswell didn't help. Normally I like their commentary, but today was just like a pre season friendly.

I thin Radio Ox team are brilliant, and deserve more repse
Listening to that drivel from radio oxford was painful , would have switched off had i not had it on ifollow to watch. feel sorry for fans who cant get to games if thats the best they can do.
I think the Radio Ox team are brilliant, and deserve more respect (which they've earnt).

Back
Top Bottom