Home Match Day Thread +++ 05/09/2020 Carabao Cup R1 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon+++

I like radio Oxford they do a good job but today was weird I didn’t know if we scored or they scored it was just abit flat but I also take into consideration there is nobody in the ground so I guess it all is abit flat

The commentators have their own styles. Jerome tends to comment on the game, only commentating when it looks like something exciting will happen. Whereas, Nick tries to describe everything that happens, which makes the game sound like there's lots going on and causes him to slip up on the odd occasion. Nathan is somewhere in between. They're certainly better than many other local stations I've heard.

Who do you usually listen to or is this the first time to radio OX
I have absolutely no idea what BathYellow is talking about. Radio Oxford are miles better than most local radio stations. The ones that are particularly painful are where the station has a number of league clubs to cover- typically oop north. The quality of commentary/corresponents is often dire. Suggest that BathYellow turns the volume down if it offends that much!

Was surprised they thought atkinson was lucky not to concede a pen when in my opinion he was clearly fouled first. Other than that it was the usual assured service.

Overall a bit of a disappointing display. We didnt get the ball up to the strikers enough too much sideways passing. Full backs not very effective going forward. Taylor Agyei and Osei good enough to turn or draw fouls if given the ball near the area which we didnt do at all today. Still we won so onwards and upwards COYY

Overall a bit of a disappointing display. We didnt get the ball up to the strikers enough too much sideways passing. Full backs not very effective going forward. Taylor Agyei and Osei good enough to turn or draw fouls if given the ball near the area which we didnt do at all today. Still we won so onwards and upwards COYY

Felt like another pre season for me.

Job done and another workout to prep for the season proper.

Glad we won and l will look forward to the draw, but I wouldn’t have lost any sleep had we suffered a defeat.

Strange game to listen to too... very flat without the crowd. Players must also struggle at times to find that extra 10% without the 12 man in the stands.

I suppose we need a game that could be chosen for tv isn’t that the only way we might make some money out of this competition

I hope Fosu & Baptiste both feature, and Brentford absolutely batter their opponents today on live TV

I see Sky have that fat fraud Akinfenwa as one of their pundits. I was looking forward to watching this game, but will now wait until kick off before watching, can't stand that bloke and the way the media fawn all over him.

I see Sky have that fat fraud Akinfenwa as one of their pundits. I was looking forward to watching this game, but will now wait until kick off before watching, can't stand that bloke and the way the media fawn all over him.

I thought he was giving it the big one telling everyone that he was now a championship player?

I thought he was giving it the big one telling everyone that he was now a championship player?

Something he has never been Steve. If you look through his career, the highest he's ever played is League One, so I've no idea where the media narrative of him being this massively experienced higher level player has come from?

As I said, he's a fraud, and an unlikeable one too. How convenient that he now has an injury when it's time to step up and be counted. Arrogant tosser.

Bath Yellow obviously has never had to listen to other local commentary teams! I actually think Jerome & co do a good job and I think if I didn’t hear Jerome do the commentary after all these years would seem weird.
As football fans we all like the good old days and Jerome is and was part of that.

Jerome and Nathan are very good. Nick Harris not so much

Back
Top Bottom