Away Match Build Up 29/12/2020 L1 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a feeling after yesterday's performance, post 2nd goal, we will struggle and get a draw

We seem to start brightly, and attack well at first. It just depends if we can keep going when the opposition inevitably come back (inevitable as in every team has a comeback of sorts at some point) or if we panic and decide to protect our advantage by sitting deep and not wanting to be on the ball. We have to keep going and play as if it’s 0-0, rather than trying to shut up shop as that invites pressure and reduces the options for the men on the ball.

One I think we will lose. We have won our last two games by playing well for 45 minutes (Northampton) and 30 minutes (yesterday). We can't keep doing that. Unless the Plymouth coaching staff haven't watched any video of those two games, they will set out to close us down quickly, and we won't cope with it.
2-1 to them.

A-bCAYCCIAA4ze_

PLAYED FOR BOTH THE U’s AND ARGYLE : includes Colin Clarke , Andy Thomas, Deane Smalley, Ashley Barnes, Nicky Banger,
Luke McCormick, Ryan Taylor, Chris Hargreaves, Curtis Nelson, Jamie Mackie, Alex MacDonald , Chris Zebroski and many more.

Last edited:
Depends on which Oxford turn up and that counts on what the management do as well.

If it’s the free flowing side that eased into a lead yesterday and tore Northampton to pieces, an easy win. If it’s the side that hits the panic button and looks like a struggling Conference side when faced with any sort of high press, a definite defeat.

Throw in brilliant/woeful subs from the management and you could have any outcome.

A draw would not be a bad result overall especially with Gorrin missing too.

Who will be the holding midfielder at Home Park - Cameron Brannagan, Jamie Hanson ...
I would say Hanson to replace Gorrin but I suspect it will be Kelly (which would be the wrong move in my opinion).
Brannagan won't get lobbed in to play from the start and Forde is out of favour.

Hadn't realised until just a moment ago, Plymouth will have fans at the game as they are not in tier 4. Home support can make a difference.
Hopefully our boys can rise above all that and turn in a winning performance.

Happy to take a point there but there isn’t too much to fear from us taking it to them.
We have steadied the ship somewhat defensively so we just need to keep it tight and try to Nick a goal or two in the process.

Well, given that we consider our defence a cause, it wouldn't be spontaneous, speaking as a notable yet careful liar.

Simultaneous combustion would be a giggle. Perhaps we could load an app on their phones and monetise the event? I'm for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom