Home Match Build Up 26/12/2020 L1 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really not sure that small numbers of socially distanced supporters outside has been a problem at all.
Whether that will change who knows but I seen reason at all why no supporters should have been let in at all.
Not so much having socially distanced supporters in the ground, more how they arrive and leave en masse from different areas.
And there's "the message" too unfortunately ("2000 people at football but we can't open our restaurant/visit our gran" etc.).

Presumably some tickets for Boxing Day have been issued to fans living in Tier 4. They cannot attend. Are the club re-allocating those tickets to fans who can?

a comfortable 3-0 home win, Taylor, Shadipo & Agyei ( after coming on off the bench)

Not so much having socially distanced supporters in the ground, more how they arrive and leave en masse from different areas.
And there's "the message" too unfortunately ("2000 people at football but we can't open our restaurant/visit our gran" etc.).
I went to the Northampton game.
My observations were that people arrived and left in small numbers and throughout thete was a lot of social distancing.
If anything it was a little OTT.
I have been to dozens of places in the past few months that have been far more risk than 2000 outside at a football match ( in a stadium. That could take 12500)

I went to the Northampton game.
My observations were that people arrived and left in small numbers and throughout thete was a lot of social distancing.
If anything it was a little OTT.
I have been to dozens of places in the past few months that have been far more risk than 2000 outside at a football match ( in a stadium. That could take 12500)
saw/ witnessed exactly the same @Foley

Rules and regs emphasised and reiterated via OWS for the lucky tier 2 residing 2000 going to the match on boxing day, stay safe people- and like Mackie told us all 'sanitise' ....

Realistically nobody should be going to football matches. I don’t think they ever should have been, but we are where we are.
I must say I went to the Northampton game
It was set out very well, the fans there behaved very well and the stewards were good in their organisation
Entry was no problem due to the amount of fans there, there was plenty of spaces between fans
In fact I’m closer to people/crowds shopping on a daily basis, as for shopping over the last 2 days people seem to have forgotten we are in the middle of a pandemic
But going back to attending games I felt very safe

Compared to a trip to M and S food hall the other day the two home games I attended were like being in a room in my own, but supermarkets appear to be able to do what they want in comparison to the rest of us (must have some photos of Boris Johnson in a compromising position) so it will be no fans at football after this game so enjoy it if you were lucky enough to get tickets.

I reckon we will win 3-0 and I will be sat on my sofa drunk watching it, at least half of the prediction is nailed on.

I’d be surprised if football is suddenly cancelled at the busiest time of the season. Fan attendance, quite probably.
If we go to tier 4 for most of the country if not all the country, then I feel the most sensible thing would be to cancel the season. The reason is how quick this new strain takes hold.

Compared to a trip to M and S food hall the other day the two home games I attended were like being in a room in my own, but supermarkets appear to be able to do what they want in comparison to the rest of us (must have some photos of Boris Johnson in a compromising position) so it will be no fans at football after this game so enjoy it if you were lucky enough to get tickets.

I reckon we will win 3-0 and I will be sat on my sofa drunk watching it, at least half of the prediction is nailed on.
That M & S food hall at the Meadows, nr Camberley, is always packed like sardines in a tin.

CcYJYGvWwAA77xw

PLAYED FOR BOTH THE U’s & THE DONS : includes Danny Hylton, Michael Collins, George Long, Sean Rigg,
Jack Midson, Alfie Potter, Ryan Clarke and Tyrone Barnett.

I’d be surprised if football is suddenly cancelled at the busiest time of the season. Fan attendance, quite probably.

I agree that Oxfordshire at least will be in tier 4 by next week, but I can't see football stopping any time soon.

Suspend football and you stop all iFollow revenue, potential reduction in sponsorship and any opportunity for clubs to move players on in January. Clubs will fold and football will look very different when it returns.

It might not feel right to continue playing sport whilst we enter another national lockdown, but the alternative is so much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom