Home Match Day Thread 15/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Northampton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of tosh , are you saying if you voted for brexit your also anti masks .
No of course not, I was just stereotyping him humorously. Though I bet most anti vaxxers and anti maskers are Brexiters. MODS let's not start a new argument!!

As I started this Covid related detour, if I have anything to add about mask wearing and stewards at last nights game, which is unlikely, I’ll revert to the Covid thread.
Back to discussing football.

Good to see Oxford have been on top of the situation involving stewards.

Heard 2 of them won’t be involved as of the next game!! P45 as an Xmas present!!!

Good to see Oxford have been on top of the situation involving stewards.

Heard 2 of them won’t be involved as of the next game!! P45 as an Xmas present!!!

I`ll take a guess that somebody who is doing such a job is probably at the lower end of the educational, income and various other scales.

Would it not be more admirable to educate them?

Look at me being all liberal and festive. :)

I`ll take a guess that somebody who is doing such a job is probably at the lower end of the educational, income and various other scales.

How much education to you need to understand "your mask must cover your nose and mouth at all times while on duty"?

That's not going to do the club's recruitment efforts any favours!

This was the ‘theme’ of my feedback to the club and was an overview of steward and supporter behaviour that night, sent the following day after I’d slept on it.
The club obviously have more information than we do about the stewards and their performance so I trust that any dismissals were evidence based and justified.
I don’t know what that evidence is but what I can’t do @Junior_1 is in any way ‘enjoy’ anyone being dismissed, whether on the basis of the feedback I provided or not and especially this close to Christmas.
Apologies if I’ve misinterpreted your post but on the face of it it does seem to do exactly that.

Nah just forcibly sterilise them and be done with it I reckon?!?

This was the ‘theme’ of my feedback to the club and was an overview of steward and supporter behaviour that night, sent the following day after I’d slept on it.
The club obviously have more information than we do about the stewards and their performance so I trust that any dismissals were evidence based and justified.
I don’t know what that evidence is but what I can’t do @Junior_1 is in any way ‘enjoy’ anyone being dismissed, whether on the basis of the feedback I provided or not and especially this close to Christmas.
Apologies if I’ve misinterpreted your post but on the face of it it does seem to do exactly that.

If they were wronged, then I’d completely agree with you and the tone of my post would have been very different.

However this was purely performance related and when a lot of people have gone to a lot of effort even in their own time to ensure everything goes smoothly you’d expect those who have completed the training, attended the briefings to not only know better but to perform to the required standard.

They’ve let those colleagues down and everyone associated with OUFC. Nobody’s fault but their own.

If they were wronged, then I’d completely agree with you and the tone of my post would have been very different.

However this was purely performance related and when a lot of people have gone to a lot of effort even in their own time to ensure everything goes smoothly you’d expect those who have completed the training, attended the briefings to not only know better but to perform to the required standard.

They’ve let those colleagues down and everyone associated with OUFC. Nobody’s fault but their own.
I can’t access that link or any information about their dismissals so based on what you’ve said here, fair enough, can’t argue with that.

Wow, the Christmas Angels are singing loudly over Oxon this afternoon!
To clarify, my comment was a wry poke at EssexYellows’ rather strong, old-fashioned, “poor people shouldn’t be allowed to have kids” views as espoused on some other threads.

• React
Reactions: QR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom