Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Murphy

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sub: Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Baldock

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Look at the last 10 and you may see a glimmer of hope.
The bottom 6 all lost last night, I still believe we have enough not to get dragged into the scrap but it starts Saturday for sure.
The bottom 5 or 6 teams are that bad that we may get away with it. But at least one of them, maybe two, will go on a little run at some point and pick up a few wins over 5 games.

We must focus on what we’re doing and win these next 2 x 6 pointers. That’ll do it if we win both. 4 points is passable as long as we do not give Cambridge 3 points on us.

It’s horrific to be in this position with what promised to be such an exciting season. Not only am I fed up with Karl I’m fed up of the board already - not the owners; keen to make that distinction between the two. But the board seem naive, a soft touch and have clearly not spent enough time in the football departments of these big clubs they’ve worked at to understand what a good manager looks and sounds like, what a competitive, happy squad looks and sounds like, what a cohesive fan base looks and sounds like. They are bookworms out of their depth from where I’m stood. Fed up and being at the mercy of people not equipped to achieve what was promised.

One of the many lowlights for me last night was in the first half our centre forward Joseph valiantly trying, and failing, to cross into the box manned only by the diminutive Tyler and Bate with 4 Plymouth giants (relatively speaking) covering them.
I think I actually laughed at the absurdity of it all.

Look at the last 10 and you may see a glimmer of hope.
The bottom 6 all lost last night, I still believe we have enough not to get dragged into the scrap but it starts Saturday for sure.
Sorry but over the last few games it’s been
“ but it starts “

They had a corner last night and Jerome was losing his sh1t rightly so as one of our midgets was marking their tallest threat, it was insane and just diabolical under 10 level management
It's basic game setup that Robbo just doesn't seem to bother with. The Wycombe playoff was the same, go out and do our thing without any thought to how to counter their directness and theatrics.

We are tactically really poor and until this year the individual quality has masked that.

We had a corner in the first half and Tyler was our last defender held back, he had to look to the bench to see where to stand!
Ffs, what do we do in training? Surely someone is designated to do this and knows what to do or there’s a back up plan.

Convinced I was going to wake up this morning to kr has left the club by mutual consent.
Get out of our club clown.

40 games in all competitions this season.

- 4 clean sheets (3 at home - 2 in August against Cambridge and Orient in JPT and one in November against Port Vale, and 1 away at Sheffield Wednesday).

- Only 12 games out of 40 where we have scored 2 or more goals in a game.

18 away games in all comps
- 1 clean sheet
- 5 games where we have scored 2 or more goals (We have won all 5 of these games).
- 5 games where we have scored once (all 1-1 draws; we have not won this season away from home when we have scored one goal).
- 8 games where we have not scored (1 draw, 7 defeats).

I could sit here all night typing up all the mistakes KR has made in the past 18 months. Watch his interview on Twitter following tonight’s game. His comments are focused entirely on the lack of goals. Our problems are all over the pitch but, to me, the principal problem that any (new or old) manager would first try to sort out is our abysmal defending and inability to keep a clean sheet. KR seems to have no interest in making this team hard to beat and grinding out results which is what you have to do when you’ve lost 5 of 6 and you’ve kept one clean sheet away from home all season.

How do you make this team harder to beat? So many ways but let’s start with the two easiest:

1. The common denominator in the 4 clean sheets is Stuart Findlay. The player who has three and a half years left on his contract. He needs to come back in, starting on Saturday. I know some people don’t rate him but I see a no-nonsense defender and a thou shalt not pass attitude which we so desperately need. I also see someone who will have a point to prove. It is criminal that he has been left on the bench since the Boxing Day pantomime at Ipswich.

2. Play 3-5-2. Playing an additional centre back and 3 in centre midfield makes us harder to beat. It’s no sacrifice to abandon 4-3-3 because our wingers (with the exception of young Tyler) have created next to nothing all season. You also KNOW that if we carry on playing 4 at the back that you are going to concede at least one goal. The stats prove it to be the case 90% of the time!!

Play Joseph and Wildschut up front. Fleming isn’t a left back so stop playing him as one. Ditto Anderson - not a right back so stop playing him as one. Fleming can be LWB and Anderson as RWB. The three in midfield pick themselves. I would play Findlay, Moore and Brown at the back but if you want to play Long ahead of one of them except Findlay, I wouldn’t object. In the absence of any other option, Easty has to stay in goal but some of the blame for the appalling defensive record this season must be laid at his door too unfortunately.

We can’t score goals except worldies and set pieces. Let’s devote training to not conceding goals for remaining 14 games and we can at least grind out some draws or turn those one goal performances away from home into an opportunity to take 3 points instead of a maximum of one.

Our April fixtures are scary on paper so no time like the present to make these changes.

Can someone "close to the club" print that off and pin it on the managers door? Please.

Its a simple game when it is broken down like that.

Unfortunately we have a stubborn obstacle who will not change the system and is more governed by the time elapsed than what is happening on the pitch.

If you keep doing the same thing, same formation, same time for subs etc then you`ll get the same results.

I think in Karl’s world premeditated substitutions are ‘clarity’, it makes him feel like he’s got a plan. He even tells Nathan pre match what he’s going to do.
Which is why I said I thought they were the best team/squad I’d seen to him at the fans forum!! I’d rather have a squad that consistently scored 7/8 out of 10 than the pretentious players Karl goes for who might get a 9 out of 10 every time Haley’s comet appears!

40 games in all competitions this season.

- 4 clean sheets (3 at home - 2 in August against Cambridge and Orient in JPT and one in November against Port Vale, and 1 away at Sheffield Wednesday).

1. The common denominator in the 4 clean sheets is Stuart Findlay. The player who has three and a half years left on his contract. He needs to come back in, starting on Saturday. I know some people don’t rate him but I see a no-nonsense defender and a thou shalt not pass attitude which we so desperately need. I also see someone who will have a point to prove. It is criminal that he has been left on the bench since the Boxing Day pantomime at Ipswich.

2. Play 3-5-2. Playing an additional centre back and 3 in centre midfield makes us harder to beat. It’s no sacrifice to abandon 4-3-3 because our wingers (with the exception of young Tyler) have created next to nothing all season. You also KNOW that if we carry on playing 4 at the back that you are going to concede at least one goal. The stats prove it to be the case 90% of the time!!

Play Joseph and Wildschut up front. Fleming isn’t a left back so stop playing him as one. Ditto Anderson - not a right back so stop playing him as one. Fleming can be LWB and Anderson as RWB. The three in midfield pick themselves. I would play Findlay, Moore and Brown at the back but if you want to play Long ahead of one of them except Findlay, I wouldn’t object. In the absence of any other option, Easty has to stay in goal but some of the blame for the appalling defensive record this season must be laid at his door too unfortunately.
This.

You know what frustrates even more? If Robbo left and we brought a new manager in, they'd look at the stats above and ALL do the same. Only objective is to stay in League One until the summer, such a simple fix and way of grinding our way to safety.

My word, we've only played this formation once and BEAT IPSWICH (I know the fog helped a bit!).

Fleming and Anderson are wing backs, clear as day. You could start Moore, Findlay and Brown as the 3 centre backs with Long and Fleming at wing back for maximum defence. Long can play centre back as well of course, plenty of options and cover there.

Play Bran, McGuane and Bate in a midfield 3 with 1 being allowed to join the attack as a 10. Cooper did this with Forest bottom of the Championship and got them promoted the same season with just a few additions in January, laregely the same squad who were clearly capable of so much more under a solid formation and smarter manager.

The type of players we needed in both transfer windows were glaringly obvious to everyone except KR, and the small tactical changes this squad require now are glaringly obvious to everyone except KR. He's dragging this club and players into oblivion.

And on that note, everyone can see the change in manager required except Williams.

Tim Williams... Sort. It. Out.

If we lose against Cambridge on Saturday KR has really got to go. We are spiraling out of control. Good job the teams in the relegation spots lost last night. Just imagine if Cam Bran was sold in the summer, we would be rooted to the bottom, a midfielder top scorer this season, where are our strikers?. We need leadership, the near future is vital and the owners need to be aware regarding potential lost revenue next season with fewer people buying season tickets. This season is the worst performance wise since either 05/06 or some of the seasons in the conference. ROBBO GET OUT you are killing the club :mad:

Can someone "close to the club" print that off and pin it on the managers door? Please.

Its a simple game when it is broken down like that.

Unfortunately we have a stubborn obstacle who will not change the system and is more governed by the time elapsed than what is happening on the pitch.

If you keep doing the same thing, same formation, same time for subs etc then you`ll get the same results.
Reminds me of an old saying 'Madness is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results'. Think that was Einstein.

I doubt we would be above mid table in league two, just not enough about this team to do much at any level. thankfully we have no real rivals at this level this season, made for a pretty dull and uninspiring season but at least we haven't been embarrassed by anyone who will be able to rub it in.
???
16th in L1 would be below 12th in L2?
In my view there is a very big gap between L1 and L2.
I would be amazed if the team 16th L1 was not in the top half of L2

Back
Top Bottom