• Sub: Fleming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you so surprised by this? This would be true of largely every single football club.

This forum is madness sometimes, slagging off other fans because they're not doing what you're doing is not the way to go, we have enough problems as a club without dividing the fan base.

Nobody is slagging off fans. I have said that I don’t think the numbers travelling is anything like it would be If times were better than what they are.

I’ll say it as I see it and 975 away at Vale on a bank holiday, when it’s a big 6 pointer imo, is not that impressive.

If people don’t want to go then don’t go but if I think the support is poor then I will use this ‘forum’ to express my opinion.

Silly boy. I asked you a question. Here it is again: I've never read a post on football by you till today - is this the first day you've posted about football on this oufc forum?

You're very easily offended. :ROFLMAO:

I thought you first said "Pathetic, stupid, shameful remarks." and then you said I was posting "drivel"

I've posted a fair amount on football over the years, but I don't think I'll bother in future. It's not worth the hassle.

Don’t be surprised by s**t support when it comes to this club when things aren’t going brilliantly.. @ECYellow

The majority sat in silence at the stadium & on social media whilst this club was ripped apart by an individual.

This is what we’ve got to show for it now. The club is on it’s a**e.

Nobody is slagging off fans. I have said that I don’t think the numbers travelling is anything like it would be If times were better than what they are.

I’ll say it as I see it and 975 away at Vale on a bank holiday, when it’s a big 6 pointer imo, is not that impressive.

If people don’t want to go then don’t go but if I think the support is poor then I will use this ‘forum’ to express my opinion.
But our average in the past has been around 1000 over a season I believe, and this is likely to be data from a season where we were doing well and playing good football, both of which we are not, with all this in mind, 975 to Port Vale doesn't seem a particular outlier to me?

Emotions are running high and have been for sometime. But I don't doubt that every single one of us on here, the best part of 1000 at Vale today, the near 9000 at home on Friday, and those unable to go for whatever reason, all care deeply about the club and our immediate future.

There has been far too much division this season and creating more helps no one.

Sadly I was at work today so couldn't go, and have 2 operations planned for the 22nd/24th April which wipes out Barnsley and Cheltenham, but as long as there are no complications before or after, I'm intending to go to the other 4 games. But I don't think that makes me better than those who can't go, or worse than those going to all 6. We all have different circumstances but more than ever we all need to be united.

What exactly is the point in slagging off notional supporters for not attending away matches. Do you think that will convince more to attend? Or is the point just to moan on for the sake of it?

Yeah, more people tend to attend games when things are going well. Hold the front page, folks.

On the attendance, I think for such an important bank holiday fixture we would have normally expected 1400 at least. I was surprised to see we didn’t have three sections filled. Finances are hard but that I don’t think is the reason. The failure of the board to act when it should have done, I feel, didn’t help and encouraged apathy across much of the fan base and a real divide. This said, home attendances have not been too bad so maybe I’m wrong?

What exactly is the point in slagging off notional supporters for not attending away matches. Do you think that will convince more to attend? Or is the point just to moan on for the sake of it?

Yeah, more people tend to attend games when things are going well. Hold the front page, folks.
Totally agree. OUFC comes behind spending time with the family. Not all of us can just drop responsibilities to watch a game. But we can attempt to listen to RadOx … quietly.

Emotions are running high and have been for sometime. But I don't doubt that every single one of us on here, the best part of 1000 at Vale today, the near 9000 at home on Friday, and those unable to go for whatever reason, all care deeply about the club and our immediate future.

There has been far too much division this season and creating more helps no one.

Sadly I was at work today so couldn't go, and have 2 operations planned for the 22nd/24th April which wipes out Barnsley and Cheltenham, but as long as there are no complications before or after, I'm intending to go to the other 4 games. But I don't think that makes me better than those who can't go, or worse than those going to all 6. We all have different circumstances but more than ever we all need to be united.

Good luck and best wishes for your recovery, Egg.

We don’t always see eye to eye but you’re a fellow supporter and care as much as the rest of us. Go well.

Finances are hard but that I don’t think is the reason. The failure of the board to act when it should have done, I feel, didn’t help and encouraged apathy across much of the fan base and a real divide. This said, home attendances have not been too bad so maybe I’m wrong?
I think it's a pointless task myself, there will be a multitude of reasons why, there isn't a huge amount to be positive about with regards to the footballing side of the club at the moment, we need this season over, and quickly.

Fingers crossed we can go into this summer with our League One status still intact, and get back to 1000s of pages on a summer transfer thread without talk of getting business done early, or being aggressive from our illustrious leader :love:

On the attendance, I think for such an important bank holiday fixture we would have normally expected 1400 at least. I was surprised to see we didn’t have three sections filled. Finances are hard but that I don’t think is the reason. The failure of the board to act when it should have done, I feel, didn’t help and encouraged apathy across much of the fan base and a real divide. This said, home attendances have not been too bad so maybe I’m wrong?

It doesn't take as much of an commitment to attend home games that's why. It's 4 hours out of your Saturday where as travelling miles on the road or train to get to an away town takes up the whole day plus alot more cash. When we play away I tend to go watch a local non league team if they're at home.

The travelling costs and time it takes to make said journey is why I choose to do this. When you have a wife and kids at all different ages time is precious.

It doesn't take as much of an commitment to attend home games that's why. It's 4 hours out of your Saturday where as travelling miles on the road or train to get to an away town takes up the whole day plus alot more cash. When we play away I tend to go watch a local non league team if they're at home.

The travelling costs and time it takes to make said journey is why I choose to do this. When you have a wife and kids at all different ages time is precious.
Your fatal error was taking on a wife and children when clearly the football club comes first. I'm not really sure why you didn't factor that in when you chose to meet someone and take on kids.

Call yourself a fan?

It is an average following. How much do the supporters of the club really care about staying up?
How much did the owners and board care in letting KR do whatever he wanted and ruining the squad to the point that the fan base became totally disillusioned and apathetic in many cases, hence the lack of support as you put it today and since the turn of the year. We have a new commercial and marketing manager who they appointed and who seems to have done nothing to drum up any sort of resurgence in interest. Notwithstanding those appointed by the owners to run things have watched the last 9 months unfold in front of their very eyes and approved and backed the catastrophe of a season.

Almost a 1k following on a bank holiday Monday for a 4-5 hour round trip to watch a squad which is the worst we have seen since the Clotet days is pretty decent in my book.

Add in affordability and availability with many people away or spending family time together and we haven’t won for 3 months. Put this altogether with the above and I think your being very harsh in your criticism.

That was truly horrendous.

We were second best for 60 minutes and if it wasn’t for Eastwood, we’d have been done 2 or 3.

You cannot fault Manning for the organisation he has brought to the team but I fear that we will not have the goals in us to keep us afloat. Simply, who is going to score them in open play?

None of this is on Manning and anybody that is questioning him needs to have a little re-think.

This is ALL on the Board (and that scouse rat). Williams and Ferguson need to be held accountable for sanctioning the business in January. To get rid of Taylor, a proven league 1 goalscorer in order to accommodate Konate and Smith is criminal. In fact, it’s plain negligent.

975 travelled…its a bang average following given what what is at stake, on a bank holiday, 2 hours from home and given the magnitude of the game. Maybe, just maybe the people of Oxfordshire don’t do enough to warrant a new stadium and another chance to dream. Wake up everyone, the football club needs you, NOW!
I was saying the other day to Mrs NSB, it seems like Covid has reset fans, perhaps the time now attending games made them realise the is more to live?

I know a good few people who no longer attend any OUFC games and some who no longer go to away games.

My circumstances have changed, since Covid we’ve had two kids, I still attend home games but have no intention of going to anyway away games due to finances and time.

I very rarely do away games now as I have a 100 mile round journey to home game games, will attend the odd away game I really fancy but already travel enough an ex take enough time out of my life attending home games. Was different when I was single and lived in Oxford, away games were affordable and a trip out.

Away from the attendance nonsense I did watch todays game on IFollow, certainly made me glad I didn’t travel, we are a hard watch with our one paced, blunt attack, going to be a struggle to stay up but it’s certainly not impossible, definitely need the rub of the green a bit though.

Agree with whoever said we would be better of playing Brannagan further forward, our biggest threat is sat deep which is a waste of his best qualities, he will outscore Browne and we are desperately short of goals, get him further forward.

Your fatal error was taking on a wife and children when clearly the football club comes first. I'm not really sure why you didn't factor that in when you chose to meet someone and take on kids.

Call yourself a fan?

I reckon they just wanted to fuck the object in question and gave some frankly silly assurances together with revealing their generally accepted identity.

Poor show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom