• Sub: Fleming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same people saying a draw is decent are largely the same people saying Robinson wasn’t a problem, that the world famous unbeaten run was proof that he was the bees knees, and that relegation was never going to be an issue.

Some people really don’t learn, but I enjoy watching them speak with such authority when history has already proved them to be thick.
Careful Ryan, the three Musketeers headed up by 'Scotch D'Artagnan Egg' will be on you...

So just because we only took 975 fans 2 hours away on a bank holiday where lots of people go away or spend precious time with the family it doesn't warrant us to have a new stadium?

I go to every home game but I have other commitments and funds go elsewhere so I can only do the local away games as do loads of others. We will turn up at the new stadium as its not 2 hours away ffs!

Newsflash: teams play home and away and when your team are scraping for their lives, you have to sometime do everything possible, within your financial capabilities to back the team ‘FFS’.

Disappointed about today, still we didn’t lose. Tough three games coming up where there is a likelyhood of us in the relegation places. Where are the goals coming from?. What’s happened to bodin, will he play this season and also Ateef?. KR has mugged us, the issue of where are the goals hasn’t been sorted since the first game of this season.

Thought it was poor today by Manning. Game was there for the taking, but we actually regressed today. Also poor substitutions, not sure why the hell Goodrham or Smyth didn’t get on or Smith much earlier. McGuane was Looking leggy on a yellow card, Joseph was anonymous for most of the game too. Poor all round.

Massive improvements my a**e. More like, same shite different day.

Like I said the other day, slight organisational improvements, but not MASSIVE.
Hold on, look at the material Manning has to work with. Absolute unquestionable garbage. You can not polish a turd.

975 travelled…its a bang average following given what what is at stake, on a bank holiday, 2 hours from home and given the magnitude of the game. Maybe, just maybe the people of Oxfordshire don’t do enough to warrant a new stadium and another chance to dream. Wake up everyone, the football club needs you, NOW!
I couldn't give a monkey's toss how much money we put towards another club. We have just had a home game, it's Easter, people are back to work and school tomorrow, we have 3 home games in 2 weeks coming up and Vale away isn't exactly a glamour tie. We've proven time and time again this season how good our following is home and away and taking nearly 1,000 is probably one of the highest turnouts of the day in the EFL.

What seems to be missed is that our run-in could be Man City, Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs… we need to win a couple, regardless of the tools available, to avoid going down.

This is the collateral damage of the club’s indecision. It is no good saying Manning has been dealt a bad hand or our opponent is X, Y and Z and therefore it’s OK... Rubbish, It’s get points or get relegated. If we didn’t want it to be like that, our board should’ve listened the first time.

My only criticism of manning so far is he clearly sets the team up to get a point at least which isn't a bad thing against the better sides in this division but I feel today we should have set up to attack to win .. first half against Wednesday I was bored watching us sideways backwards sideways backwards but second half we were entertaining we attacked we could have won the game that's how we should have been today
Well, that’s basic coaching e.g. if we don’t concede then we’ll get a point minimum!!

Where’s the likes of Anderson, Bodin etc? I know they’re injured, but I thought a few weeks ago Bodin just wasn’t ready.

Would love to see Anderson back as he’ll give us that offensive pace/attack and something else for the opposition to worry about.

among the many recurring thoughts I have about the team, the one that is starting to bother me most is that I still find it incredible that Brannagan is playing so far from goal. He is the only player in our squad who knows where the goal is and the only player who normally only needs one touch to control the football! I appreciate he has strengths deeper in midfield but this Manning team doesn’t pass forwards at pace, it goes backwards and sideways with patience. Brannagan is not doing anything that Smyth couldn’t do and the latter would offer us much more physicality. I can’t find a legitimate reason to play Brannagan so far back when we can’t score goals and defensively we’d be no worse off - perhaps even better with Smyth’s extra height and strength. I’d re-arrange things a bit as I think he’s most likely to turn a game in a moment. PV were so deep today and we didn’t try this once.

Difficult to disagree with Manning’s selections when we’ve improved in so many ways and he obviously wants to develop partnerships. But he may need to make a change like this to at least give us the chance of a goal from distance in the absence of anything in and around the box. Cam is a great weapon that we’re concealing at the moment.
Agree. Brannagan and mcguane rarely win the second ball while defending as well. Brannagan has to be playing further forward if we want to score.

Not pretty but a good point. For the negative amongst us time to make some money. Relegation odds

Forest Green Rovers
1/1000
Morecambe
1/50
Cambridge
2/9
Accrington Stanley
1/6
Milton Keynes Dons
4/1
Oxford
11/2
I put a tenner on when it was 50/1

Agree. Brannagan and mcguane rarely win the second ball while defending as well. Brannagan has to be playing further forward if we want to score.
Brannagan and McGaune pushing forward is relatively untried but in the days where Gorrin (remember him? Still an OUFC player) would sit in front of the back 4, that would be such a useful set up. Smyth could play the Gorrin role. McGuane is a really effective ball carrier but at the back has a tendency to overplay. A lot of problems avoided by trying that.

Last edited:
The same people saying a draw is decent are largely the same people saying Robinson wasn’t a problem, that the world famous unbeaten run was proof that he was the bees knees, and that relegation was never going to be an issue.

Some people really don’t learn, but I enjoy watching them speak with such authority when history has already proved them to be thick.

What total rubbish.

So just because we only took 975 fans 2 hours away on a bank holiday where lots of people go away or spend precious time with the family it doesn't warrant us to have a new stadium?

I go to every home game but I have other commitments and funds go elsewhere so I can only do the local away games as do loads of others. We will turn up at the new stadium as its not 2 hours away ffs!
Exactly this.👍

Seems some people love a dig at fans during these tough financial times. 🙄

I don’t buy into the we can’t buy a goal from anywhere idea we have scored 40 goals some against good teams like Bolton and Ipswich and won with basically the same squad

We have scored more than everyone below us plus
MK 38 goals
Port Vale 40 goals
Cheltenham 35 goals
Lincoln 39 goals.

What this means is that those above us especially Lincoln and Cheltenham are good at grinding out 1-0 results when it matters.

Under KR we let leads slip after being on top and drew too many at home. Hardly anyone has given us a good stuffing apart from Bristol.

Losing Matty Taylor isn’t significant in that he scored very few of our 40 goals.
What might be significant is that Manning may have played slightly differently with Taylor in the side and let’s face it we could do with presence right now

"Some people really don’t learn, but I enjoy watching them speak with such authority when history has already proved them to be thick."

I'm quoting him, Paul.

You're posting drivel. Is this the first day you've posted about football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom