• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port Vale win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that Manning will think that we do have alternatives, and will disagree with you.
Let's see. He seems to be taking a very pragmatic approach and using the more experienced players to try to get us out if this.
He has done pretty well to date in my view
I’m not disagreeing with you necessarily, but there are only three possible lower points totals that he could have got so far. If 3 points is doing pretty well, what would 4, 5, 6, 7 or 9 be?!

I think this next game is key. Win, make it 6 points from a possible 12, and he’s doing very well in my book. Lose or draw and 3-4 from 12 isn’t good enough, really.

Any shouts for pubs?

Done the Bulls Head in Burslem before but their website shows 3pm opening on a Monday. Messaged them to find out if opening earlier as a bank holiday and accepting away fans.

I remember a day at vale in the 90's. Free coaches and free for kids. Was also a must win game. Hope Monday has a different reult.

COME ON OXFORD

I’m not disagreeing with you necessarily, but there are only three possible lower points totals that he could have got so far. If 3 points is doing pretty well, what would 4, 5, 6, 7 or 9 be?!

I think this next game is key. Win, make it 6 points from a possible 12, and he’s doing very well in my book. Lose or draw and 3-4 from 12 isn’t good enough, really.
Mmm. I think that you can hardly look at 3 points and say it could have been a lot better. Statistically of course you are right, but I am not sure that you could suggest that a point at Peterborough and at home v Wednesday are anything other than very good points.
Morecambe away was the only game where maybe we could be a little disappointed with a point.

Any shouts for pubs?

Done the Bulls Head in Burslem before but their website shows 3pm opening on a Monday. Messaged them to find out if opening earlier as a bank holiday and accepting away fans.

Drink in Stoke

Eastwood
Long Negru Findlay Brown Fleming
McGuane Brannagan
Browne
Joseph O'Donkor

Would be my starting line up. Must win

I think we should minimise the changes made. Although I’d make one in addition to the forced one (Negru in for Moore) I’d start with everyone from Sheff Wed apart from O’Donkor (centre), Joseph (on right), Wildschut definitely needs to be dropped for awful performances and same formation as last 3 games. Messing about formation, team structure after 3 straight games is not helpful. However, we should be alternating pushing Brannagan and Mcguane forward when there is the opportunity as we need to score at least 2 goals to get the win.

I agree. IMO we are probably behind where he thought we'd be given the results of those around us. I think we need to win an away game. Gonna be hard but tomorrow is crucial and I wouldn't take a draw.

I think we should minimise the changes made. Although I’d make one in addition to the forced one (Negru in for Moore) I’d start with everyone from Sheff Wed apart from O’Donkor (centre), Joseph (on right), Wildschut definitely needs to be dropped for awful performances and same formation as last 3 games. Messing about formation, team structure after 3 straight games is not helpful. However, we should be alternating pushing Brannagan and Mcguane forward when there is the opportunity as we need to score at least 2 goals to get the win.

Surely the last three games have shown that we are unlikely to need at least 2 goals to get a win?

We conceded a late, lazy goal at Morecombe when earlier changes would have probably had us hold out for a win, and a wonder strike from arguably the best player in league one.

Without wholesale changes we should hopefully see another strong defensive display, but with more attacking flair to get the goal(s) we need for a much needed victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom