Tickets 10,000 v Accrington

Our current L1 attendance average before Sunday is 8,297 (home fan average of 7,123)
I think you're wrong there mate.

Without having the exact figures to hand, I have us as having a figure of 820 visitors at each of our home games, meaning a home fans average of 7,477. I'd expect that home fans average to be nudging 7,600 after Sunday.

I'll remember those touching and respectful words when I'm helicoptering my exposed penis at their travelling contingent from the North Stand at the final whistle.
I feel a rewrite of the milk advert will be due:

“Oxford United? What are THEY?”

Whole crowd peers inquisitively at the miniature windmill.

“Exactly”

Accrington are more likely to bring 40 or 50, rather than 400 or 500. They are relegated; it’s a 12:00 kickoff and a 400 mile round trip.

I think that's a bit harsh on Accrington. Their average away attendance over the past several seasons has been about 200.
(their lowest attendance last season was against us, and even then they brought 81 on a Tuesday night in September).

Yes, it's a stupid kickoff.....yes, they're already down - but it's still the last chance of football for their fans for another three months. You would have thought they'd bring at least their average.

I was thinking after this weekend's match what the effect of getting relegated will be for Accrington and FGR.
League 1 this season in particular has had more teams than usual who take good away followings, "big clubs", Wednesday, Ipswich, Derby, Bolton, Portsmouth, even us normally do.
League 2 won't have any of those clubs, perhaps Grimsby and Wrexham?

Accrington's average attendance this season was just under 3000. Other than their very first year, they never averaged more than 2000 in all their time in League Two.
So relegation will likely cost them 33-50% of their revenues, when you factor in reduced TV and PL money. Still, Accrington at least are well managed and give out sensible, short term contracts in the main. I'm sure they'll survive but it will take another John Coleman miracle for them to bounce back right away.

This is exactly the sort of game the club should be promoting.
In fact they could have linked it with the Cheltenham game,buy two get on half price.
They should be saying last chance to see the lads for three months,children half price,family day savings etc.
Also they should really be pushing ST’s should be a price reduction after the shite we’ve had to endure for most of the season
The least Williams and Ferguson could do is get out on the pitch and thank the fans
Bath city was 2 for 1 last weekend against City.
Kids go free would have been an incentive for the final game, and Maybe hook a few parents and youngsters for next season.

Problem is our marketing department is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot I'm waiting for the new guy to show what he's about
its the OUFC AGM on thursday, (May 4th) , hopefully there's more than a few points and questions that will be raised by shareholders, including the poor promotional side of things ( among many other areas where OUFC have been lacking since before the start of this season)

Interesting to see how much stick Accrington have been getting on Twitter. A lot of fans of other clubs in their general area seem delighted they're going down.

Yeah, my mate who's a Bolton supporter is delighted.

Why’s that? Apart from the usual local rivalry. They seem a pretty upstanding club

Because Lancashire is chock-a-block with shitty towns filled with delusional fans supporting bang average football clubs that spend their way into unsustainable positions and then cry about it when it invariably goes tits up.

Accrington buck that trend. The bast*rds.

I bought an Accy ticket early in case it was a critical game, probably why sales are higher than normal at this point.

Living 100+ miles away I probably wouldn’t have bought one for what is now a dead rubber.

Still impressed with attendances in general. They seem to increase the poorer we play in recent years.

Really good home sales, and we were approaching 8,300 earlier this morning, so 200 sold since I looked at 17:30 yesterday.

Less than 1,500 seats left in all home areas, and the East Stand is particularly busy, with 93% of seats sold. I think this will be very close to a home sell out, and may even be a home sell out! The front row seats in SSL and East Stand that the club usually hold back have been put on sale and my figure does not include the boxes, which are sold out. For context, we are 1,200 ahead of the Sheff Wed game, at the same stage, and we sold a further 1,600 from this point for that game. If we repeated that, then we'd sell out either on the day, or the day before.
Nearly 200 sold since this post earlier today and we're knocking on the door of 8,500 home sales. It's now our third biggest home crowd of the season, with five days still to go.

I wonder why this game is selling so well i get like the poster further up the page some people might have brought early thinking it could be a big game but to still be selling so well knowing it's a dead rubber it's a strange one.

Back
Top Bottom