Tickets 10,000 v Accrington

OK, I know what you're thinking, but it's not as far fetched as it might seem!

I've just done a dot count, on a boring Bank Holiday Monday, and am surprised to see how well home sales are going. We've sold just shy of 8,100 at the moment, which is about 1,000 more than most of the bigger games at midnight on the Monday before the game. Given that we've got an extra day of sales, due to the game being on a Sunday, that we're now safe from relegation meaning it's probably the first home league game that we can actually enjoy this season, and it's another Bank Holiday Weekend, what do we think?

I've also looked at the last game of the season, last year, verses Doncaster, and we are about 500 ahead of sales at the same stage. We ended up with 8,700 home sales for that one. So, my thinking is, 8,700 plus the 500 we're already ahead = 9,200. An extra day of sales, a Bank Holiday, plus a better feel about the place now that we're safe, giving us an extra 300/400 = 9,500/9,600 plus the away fans. Now I know Accrington don't travel well, but just suppose Cambridge slip up on Wednesday, and Accrington still have a slim chance of staying up, they might just bring 400 or 500 fans down for their biggest game in several seasons, meaning 10,000 could be done.

Or should I stop drinking at Bank Holidays? Come on, buy those tickets, and give an old dot counter one last moment of excitement until next season!!!
Really good home sales, and we were approaching 8,300 earlier this morning, so 200 sold since I looked at 17:30 yesterday.

Less than 1,500 seats left in all home areas, and the East Stand is particularly busy, with 93% of seats sold. I think this will be very close to a home sell out, and may even be a home sell out! The front row seats in SSL and East Stand that the club usually hold back have been put on sale and my figure does not include the boxes, which are sold out. For context, we are 1,200 ahead of the Sheff Wed game, at the same stage, and we sold a further 1,600 from this point for that game. If we repeated that, then we'd sell out either on the day, or the day before.

Buying my ticket today. Making the trek over from Texas. First game of the season. Was anticipating it being more critical but thankfully it’s not!

See you at the bird 🦅
Whereabouts in Texas are you mate?

We’re going out to Austin in October and will also travel about a bit to see a bit more of the state. Any recommendations?

Don't forget this offer from Jack FM.

2 adult tickets in the south stand for £26 is cheap as chips.

Really good home sales, and we were approaching 8,300 earlier this morning, so 200 sold since I looked at 17:30 yesterday.

Less than 1,500 seats left in all home areas, and the East Stand is particularly busy, with 93% of seats sold. I think this will be very close to a home sell out, and may even be a home sell out! The front row seats in SSL and East Stand that the club usually hold back have been put on sale and my figure does not include the boxes, which are sold out. For context, we are 1,200 ahead of the Sheff Wed game, at the same stage, and we sold a further 1,600 from this point for that game. If we repeated that, then we'd sell out either on the day, or the day before.
It sounds like it will be a very good crowd.
The fans generally seem to have really stuck with the team home and away despite this season!

It sounds like it will be a very good crowd.
The fans generally seem to have really stuck with the team home and away despite this season!

I've just looked at the seating map. No seats around me in the east stand where normally the rows in front are sparse.

Let's get the Kassam rocking with 90 minutes of positive chants towards the players and manager and maybe the odd chant of Reading are you watching? We're coming for you lol. Positive vibes in to next season where for once I'm looking forward to a well organised pre season and some decent signings.

I've just looked at the seating map. No seats around me in the east stand where normally the rows in front are sparse.

Let's get the Kassam rocking with 90 minutes of positive chants towards the players and manager and maybe the odd chant of Reading are you watching? We're coming for you lol. Positive vibes in to next season where for once I'm looking forward to a well organised pre season and some decent signings.

I'm just looking forward to not having to stress about a result.

Whatever happens on Sunday, I hope we give the Accrington players, staff and fans a decent reception.

A good club which has significantly over performed against budget for a number of years.

We could learn a lot from them and I hope we’re respectful to them on what will be an unpleasant day.

Whatever happens on Sunday, I hope we give the Accrington players, staff and fans a decent reception.

A good club which has significantly over performed against budget for a number of years.

We could learn a lot from them and I hope we’re respectful to them on what will be an unpleasant day.
I ws thinking the same. It's been a pleasure to have them in the league, on the whole, apart from the times they beat us. I still don't know how they stayed up for five seasons on their crowds.

Echo that. Great manager and excellent supporters. Utmost respect deserved .

Echo that. Great manager and excellent supporters. Utmost respect deserved .
I'd extend that to Andy Holt, their chairman, too.

A really good bloke, who has always stood up for his club, and has done his very best to make Accrington a sustainable club, which is no mean feat.

Anyone who's read his occasional rants on Twitter might wonder what he's like in person? Well, he is exactly the same; a salt of the earth northerner, very proud of his club, always wants to win, but an absolute gentleman if he doesn't, and a great host.

I'd extend that to Andy Holt, their chairman, too.

A really good bloke, who has always stood up for his club, and has done his very best to make Accrington a sustainable club, which is no mean feat.

Anyone who's read his occasional rants on Twitter might wonder what he's like in person? Well, he is exactly the same; a salt of the earth northerner, very proud of his club, always wants to win, but an absolute gentleman if he doesn't, and a great host.
I was thinking after this weekend's match what the effect of getting relegated will be for Accrington and FGR.
League 1 this season in particular has had more teams than usual who take good away followings, "big clubs", Wednesday, Ipswich, Derby, Bolton, Portsmouth, even us normally do.
League 2 won't have any of those clubs, perhaps Grimsby and Wrexham?

Interesting to see how much stick Accrington have been getting on Twitter. A lot of fans of other clubs in their general area seem delighted they're going down.

Our current L1 attendance average before Sunday is 8,297 (home fan average of 7,123)

Not to mention they did us a massive solid in the lockdown season by beating Pompey on the final day to get us into the playoffs

I'll remember those touching and respectful words when I'm helicoptering my exposed penis at their travelling contingent from the North Stand at the final whistle.

Back
Top Bottom