Home Match Day Thread +++ 09/09/2018 OUFC v Coventry City match day thread +++

Mitchell
Norman Nelson Mous Ruffels
Baptiste Brannagan
Whyte Henry Holmes
Mackie

Will be harsh on whomever we drop out of Browne/Holmes/Whyte, think Whyte should start RW because of his connection with Norman, then I don't mind who on the other wing. I'd give Mackie another go up top.

2-0, Henry + Mackie. COYY
Whyte is with N Ireland and can't play.
Did you go to Sunderland? Holmes and Browne have to start if fit.

I remember thinking that after his first interview when we signed him. We clearly didn’t get the best of him last season, for whatever reason - but we seem to be now.
He would have been really miffed at losing his place to young Dickie. Bit of a kick up the backside and being a clever and determined pro he knew he had to show what he is about. It seems to me he has taken over the captains role apart from the arm band!!

He would have been really miffed at losing his place to young Dickie. Bit of a kick up the backside and being a clever and determined pro he knew he had to show what he is about. It seems to me he has taken over the captains role apart from the arm band!!

Hopefully both he and Nelson are happy with that!

Hopefully both he and Nelson are happy with that!
It's just an observation really. But he does talk to the ref regularly during matches and talks to the players around him. It might be done to take pressure off Nelson who was looking lost 4/5 games ago.

Whyte is with N Ireland and can't play.
Did you go to Sunderland? Holmes and Browne have to start if fit.

Adjusted ta, I'd probably try and get Whyte into the starting XI usually because we'll get more out of him in the future compared to both the loanees who will probably be elsewhere next season

Adjusted ta, I'd probably try and get Whyte into the starting XI usually because we'll get more out of him in the future compared to both the loanees who will probably be elsewhere next season
I think we play the best players available.
If Whyte plays like he has been I wouldn't bet against him being sold at the end of the season if a big enough offer came in.

2-0 oxford
We beat there 1st team with a weakened side.
Mitchell
Norman Nelson Mousinho Ruffels
Brannagan Baptiste
Holmes Henry Browne
Smith

Henry, Ruffels goals.

2-0 oxford
We beat there 1st team with a weakened side.
Mitchell
Norman Nelson Mousinho Ruffels
Brannagan Baptiste
Holmes Henry Browne
Smith

Henry, Ruffels goals.

Oi! It’s my match thread. I’ve already said what the score will be and who will score. That’s how I run match threads. Get your own!

I’m sure there are a small percentage happy to see a match thread, with no score updates from other matches.

Don't worry. I felt like having a day off. But tomorrow I'll be back. Probably will treet everybody to updates from the Dutch Pemier :cool:

there is no Eeredivise, Netherlands away to France

I think we play the best players available.
If Whyte plays like he has been I wouldn't bet against him being sold at the end of the season if a big enough offer came in.
Kind of my point, the more he plays = the more he develops = the more we sell him for

Relegation 6-pointer? I feel confident of a U's win after our recent upturn in performances. Like many on here I expect, the memories of losing to Cov in the 16/17 Johnson's Paint Pot Trophy final still hurt. 3-1 Oxford. UTM!

Back
Top Bottom