Home Match Day Thread +++ 09/09/2018 OUFC v Coventry City match day thread +++

Relegation 6-pointer? I feel confident of a U's win after our recent upturn in performances. Like many on here I expect, the memories of losing to Cov in the 16/17 Johnson's Paint Pot Trophy final still hurt. 3-1 Oxford. UTM!
Don't think they play that big of a part, only 5[?] players remain from that game if i remember correctly,Nelson,Ruffels,Hall,Long and Eastwood. So realistically only 2 pf them will feature today. What we need to do is be the team who is hurt from a horrible start and putting things right by handing Coventry a good thumping like we recieved from Portsmouth and Barnsley.

Another Burton, cagey first half with no one taking control, then we hit our stride in the second half to win 4-1!

Smith, Henry, Brannaghan and Ruffels!

Anyone know where the football special that stops at the longwall pub actually picks up? Is it on the main road or does it come in the car park?

Oxford 2-1 Coventry

2 goals in the first half from Mackie and Browne and nervy second half.

Missing this one as working at Goodwood Revival. Following match on this thread hoping our revival continues!

Great use of the verb ‘bifurcate’.

Quite possibly incorrect use of the verb “bifurcate”. Not sure what he was trying to say there, really. Let’s hope their defence and attack really do bifurcate though.

Excellent use of the phrase “an Oxford side featuring an array of more proven attacking talents”, however!

Last edited:
Don't worry. I felt like having a day off. But tomorrow I'll be back. Probably will treet everybody to updates from the Dutch Pemier :cool:
Did anyone see on the BBC site yesterday, they actually did a "Live - goals as they go in" Football League thread based on the matches played on the first day of the first ever season in 1888 -
eg. 15:27 - Charles "Charlie" Charles grabs an equaliser for Preston

Novel

Confirmation that the tweet was wrong, and Whyte hasn't come back. Smith in for McMahon, Lopes in for Whyte (on the bench).

Back
Top Bottom