What are peoples expectations for this season?

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date

What is your expectations?

• Champions

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Runners up

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Third

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Play off winners

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Play off losers

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Just outside play offs

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Mid table

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Relegation battle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Upper mid table so far. We need another 3 players or so to give us options and goals up front (I think these next players are very important to our chances). Apart from that our first team looks solid, but I am not so sure about the reserves (at the moment its a lot of young players who are an unknown). If we stay away from injuries and no loans get recalled then we could possibly look at a play off place. If we do get injuries or loose key players in Jan we may find things much more difficult in what is looking like a tough league this year.

Massive unknown of a season. Some good signings plus the signs of positive, exciting, attacking football towards the end of last season (and the ability to grind out a 1-0) leaves me hopeful for this coming year.

Flirt with the play-offs and hopefully have enough to get into them.

Finish 9th.

Out in the FA cup away at Spurs in the 3rd round

Out in the Milk Cup first round on penalties

Play the under 7's in that other trophy thing

Mid table at best.
On the plus side, KR seems very good and he will motivate and organise. Unlike Pep.
On the minus side, all the Tiger huffing and puffing has amounted to not a lot. The fact that our three star signings are loanees (who can be recalled at Christmas) does not fill me with confidence. And yup, I am obviously being negative etc because Tiger is the real deal and so on.....

Mid table at best.
On the plus side, KR seems very good and he will motivate and organise. Unlike Pep.
On the minus side, all the Tiger huffing and puffing has amounted to not a lot. The fact that our three star signings are loanees (who can be recalled at Christmas) does not fill me with confidence. And yup, I am obviously being negative etc because Tiger is the real deal and so on.....

I was once visiting West Midlands Safari Park when the car in front sat next to the Tiger enclosure for ages with the passages window down. Suddenly a Tiger backed against the fence and launched a gallon or 2 of P**s through the open window.

That wasn't you was it?

Just wondered why you are so angry every time you mention Tiger??!!

Mid table at best.
Shrewsbury Blackburn and Wigan had 5 to 6 players on loan last season all if whom could have been withdrawn at Christmas.
They didn't do too badly.

I was once visiting West Midlands Safari Park when the car in front sat next to the Tiger enclosure for ages with the passages window down. Suddenly a Tiger backed against the fence and launched a gallon or 2 of P**s through the open window.

That wasn't you was it?

Just wondered why you are so angry every time you mention Tiger??!!
Nah. I'm not angry. Just resigned. He's promised a lot. And so far delivered very little.

I wonder what Kip thinks...

Somewhere between 12th and 15th. We havent gone for it the way i thought we might, but we have a stronger squad than last year. Robbo is a very good manager at this level.

Itll be a stronger league this year though. And i just dont think were in that top 10 group.

Somewhere between 12th and 15th. We havent gone for it the way i thought we might, but we have a stronger squad than last year. Robbo is a very good manager at this level.

Itll be a stronger league this year though. And i just dont think were in that top 10 group.
Are you really a supporter on the mighty U's? I am asking this in all honesty and have no time to read through all of the "anti you" posts.

Are you really a supporter on the mighty U's? I am asking this in all honesty and have no time to read through all of the "anti you" posts.

Just because someone skews negative in their views, doesn't mean they don't support the club. They'd just rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. 12th to 15th is more realistic than pessimistic. He's not assuming relegation!

Just because someone skews negative in their views, doesn't mean they don't support the club. They'd just rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. 12th to 15th is more realistic than pessimistic. He's not assuming relegation!
That's fair comment, are you Kips PA?

That's fair comment, are you Kips PA?

I don't mind people jumping on overly negative/miserable posts for a laugh (kip has quite a few of those, that's fair game). But sometimes those posters make reasonable remarks, and their reputation still causes people to go crazy at them.

Kip and Hawk have made some headway with posts to make me feel they are true fans that just tend to skew miserable. Mellowyellow and malcolmsmustache though still just seem like they're doing it for a reaction.

Back
Top Bottom