What are peoples expectations for this season?

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date

What is your expectations?

• Champions

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Runners up

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Third

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Play off winners

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Play off losers

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Just outside play offs

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Mid table

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Relegation battle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be honest, I don't think I'd be surprised at us finishing anywhere between 4th and 18th.

We've clearly recruited much more sensibly than last season, we have a manager who seems to know what he's doing and we have some good players coming back.....

.....but we've also had a big turnover of players so there's some uncertainty how all the new pieces will fit together - especially in terms of scoring goals. And League One is a pretty tough league now; behind Sunderland, there's a lot of other teams with good resources who have seemingly recruited well.

To be honest, I don't think I'd be surprised at us finishing anywhere between 4th and 18th.

We've clearly recruited much more sensibly than last season, we have a manager who seems to know what he's doing and we have some good players coming back.....

.....but we've also had a big turnover of players so there's some uncertainty how all the new pieces will fit together - especially in terms of scoring goals. And League One is a pretty tough league now; behind Sunderland, there's a lot of other teams with good resources who have seemingly recruited well.
I must admit Tiny that I would be very surprised if we came nearly as low as 18th.
We seem to have a far better manager who has his feet under the table.
He has brought in some of his top choices from what he says.
We are hardly missing many goals from.last season's strikers.
If we are bottom half I reckon KR will have failed miserably

I must admit Tiny that I would be very surprised if we came nearly as low as 18th.
We seem to have a far better manager who has his feet under the table.
He has brought in some of his top choices from what he says.
We are hardly missing many goals from.last season's strikers.
If we are bottom half I reckon KR will have failed miserably

He'll have failed, sure.
But a couple of injuries, plus a few of his signings turning out not to be the players we hope they are, and it's certainly not impossible. In terms of resources, whilst we don't know exactly where we sit, we know we're not going to have a sizeable advantage over two thirds of the division so it only takes a few of the key squad members to be disappointments to wind up lower mid-table. Similarly it only takes a couple to be a bit better than expected to land squarely in the playoff places. Like I said, it's a tough division.
KR doesn't have the resume that makes me think it's impossible that he fails (although obviously I hope very much that he succeeds).

Mmm we will agree to disagree on that Tony.
I saw enough from KR when he turned up last season to think that he can improve a team if poor players.
So with much better players we should be ok.

I just hope the reliance on loan signings doesn't cause us too many issues. I'm happy with the quality and potential of the loans, but the model isn't the most sustainable, and if they do well - I expect some would be gone in January.

It's never quite as nice watching players flourish when they're not your own either, but we've still got some great players in there in Dickie, Nelson and Brannagan (to name a few) who need a big season.

All of that said, I'm definitely hoping for us to be there or there abouts in terms of the playoffs.

Thought I was being optimistic but apparently Iā€™m in the majority!

He'll have failed, sure.
But a couple of injuries, plus a few of his signings turning out not to be the players we hope they are, and it's certainly not impossible. In terms of resources, whilst we don't know exactly where we sit, we know we're not going to have a sizeable advantage over two thirds of the division so it only takes a few of the key squad members to be disappointments to wind up lower mid-table. Similarly it only takes a couple to be a bit better than expected to land squarely in the playoff places. Like I said, it's a tough division.
KR doesn't have the resume that makes me think it's impossible that he fails (although obviously I hope very much that he succeeds).
On the player front, the window opens again at xmas, I wouldn't be suprised if better players came in to give us a push over the line if we are there a bout's the play off's, I probably have higher expectations than most and I don't think this group are in it for fun.

Finish 9th.

Out in the FA cup away at Spurs in the 3rd round

Out in the Milk Cup first round on penalties

Play the under 7's in that other trophy thing

Finish 9th.

Out in the FA cup away at Spurs in the 3rd round

Out in the Milk Cup first round on penalties

Play the under 7's in that other trophy thing

Back
Top Bottom