General Tim Davies - 5 minute fans forum

I thought he generally answered well and seemed to know his stuff .

Some interesting stuff and more information on stadium finance. Season ticket prices to be discussed with OUSP at next meeting. @OUSP Secretary will, no doubt. have more news shortly.

If the club put the season ticket prices up then that IMO would be a massive own goal after the season we have had and the shambles that has been OUFC on and off the pitch.

If the club put the season ticket prices up then that IMO would be a massive own goal after the season we have had and the shambles that has been OUFC on and off the pitch.
I think the very least the club could do after this season and, the already noted lack of any real marketing and promotion to all those who hold season tickets for the current season, would be to freeze the price.
OUSP have already made inroads (see last minutes) with the club so we may well expect some good news.

I think the very least the club could do after this season and, the already noted lack of any real marketing and promotion to all those who hold season tickets for the current season, would be to freeze the price.
OUSP have already made inroads (see last minutes) with the club so we may well expect some good news.
I’m sure I’m not the only one but I also feel slightly stitched up this year by not only having a price increase from last season, but also the lack of Us cash and other offers.
Any offers we have had were last minute thoughts or very short limited time to take advantage of them.

I’m sure I’m not the only one but I also feel slightly stitched up this year by not only having a price increase from last season, but also the lack of Us cash and other offers.
Any offers we have had were last minute thoughts or very short limited time to take advantage of them.
The ST offerings have been pretty dreadful ever since covid IMO. In the case of the 21/22 season they outright lied and told people there would be an event at the stadium for them which never occurred.

I agree with the ST prices being frozen for another season.

It’s been a crap season, and we know why, but that problem has been ousted thank god. I still think we need to bring in new coaches during the summer, and then start with a clean slate.

First things first, we must remain in Lge 1. It’s been a good start by Manning, after the hand he’d been dealt. Some big games coming up, and plenty of points to be won.

The ST offerings have been pretty dreadful ever since covid IMO. In the case of the 21/22 season they outright lied and told people there would be an event at the stadium for them which never occurred.
It’s the way they tried to make out that season tickets hadn’t gone up in price last season from the year before! They had and not only did they go up, they also took away the only few real benefits that came with it.
I haven’t used the club shop in months but do ST holders still get 10% off?

It’s the way they tried to make out that season tickets hadn’t gone up in price last season from the year before! They had and not only did they go up, they also took away the only few real benefits that came with it.
I’m not sure how many people are that bothered about an offer on club merchandise, there’s only so many shirts you can wear. I’d like the first (proper) cup game included and some other little goodies, even if it’s just a pen and a Kitcat Chunky. Make us feel a bit more special!

We got the whole season ticket thing very badly wrong last year. From Cheltenham on 1st January to Doncaster on 30th April we saw 98k fans at the Kassam including 6 10k+ games. A good number of them were new fans, or returning fans, and there were large increases in the number of families coming to games.

Season ticket deals should have been in place prior to that last game with fans encouraged to sign up through various different payment plans that could have taken a modest first payment on what was a pay day weekend. Even with a modest increase in costs, many more would have signed up if we'd done any marketing or promotional work at all.

Instead we had the absurdity of season ticket details released after the final game with a pathetic media message, and further delays for anyone new who wanted to buy a ticket, because for some reason it was impossible to process a renewal and a new sale together. The momentum was lost, and we struggled to get it back, and actually things became much worse.

We've had a year to get this right (or significantly better if not perfect). I'd like to see a proper season ticket launch, with a build up to the launch across social media platforms. I'd like a pay freeze for all renewals and a decent early bird period for all new season tickets that offsets any increase in costs (if there are any). We have to do a lot better with junior season tickets, and there has to be greater clarity in any related benefits for season tickets and memberships.

And finally there needs to be far better communication with how many sales we have and build towards each incremental target. Use case studies of someone renewing and signing up for their first season ticket to promote selling the first 1000, again for 2000, families and what it means to them at 3000, returning friends for 4000 etc etc. There is an opportunity to start from scratch on the way we promote our club and communicate with fans new and old. With 3 years to build towards a new stadium and a target of 10k season ticket sales, we simply have to get this right.

Nope, diddly squat. The last offer to season ticket holders was a discount which only a week later was gazumped by an even bigger discount to everybody!
We have been promised more and better by the new marketing director, Adam Benson.

That was a disgrace. Thought up by some pillock who knew nothing about how the club operated. Thankfully he's gone.

We got the whole season ticket thing very badly wrong last year. From Cheltenham on 1st January to Doncaster on 30th April we saw 98k fans at the Kassam including 6 10k+ games. A good number of them were new fans, or returning fans, and there were large increases in the number of families coming to games.

Season ticket deals should have been in place prior to that last game with fans encouraged to sign up through various different payment plans that could have taken a modest first payment on what was a pay day weekend. Even with a modest increase in costs, many more would have signed up if we'd done any marketing or promotional work at all.

Instead we had the absurdity of season ticket details released after the final game with a pathetic media message, and further delays for anyone new who wanted to buy a ticket, because for some reason it was impossible to process a renewal and a new sale together. The momentum was lost, and we struggled to get it back, and actually things became much worse.

We've had a year to get this right (or significantly better if not perfect). I'd like to see a proper season ticket launch, with a build up to the launch across social media platforms. I'd like a pay freeze for all renewals and a decent early bird period for all new season tickets that offsets any increase in costs (if there are any). We have to do a lot better with junior season tickets, and there has to be greater clarity in any related benefits for season tickets and memberships.

And finally there needs to be far better communication with how many sales we have and build towards each incremental target. Use case studies of someone renewing and signing up for their first season ticket to promote selling the first 1000, again for 2000, families and what it means to them at 3000, returning friends for 4000 etc etc. There is an opportunity to start from scratch on the way we promote our club and communicate with fans new and old. With 3 years to build towards a new stadium and a target of 10k season ticket sales, we simply have to get this right.

Agree with everything you say.

Sadly feel we may all be left disappointed on a number of your sage suggestions

Sadly feel we may all be left disappointed on a number of your sage suggestions

Similar situation re: new kits. Hoping the club are already on it - securing an excellent high value shirt sponsor and a quality design from a respected manufacturer - with lead times comfortably prior to the start of the season.
I suspect, however, that they haven't even thought about any of it yet. Hope I'm wrong.

Of course kits aren't a big deal in the grand scheme, but they are another indication as to whether the club is making progress commercially.

On and off the pitch, this Summer will be really interesting to see to what extent we've got our sh*t together.

Similar situation re: new kits. Hoping the club are already on it - securing an excellent high value shirt sponsor and a quality design from a respected manufacturer - with lead times comfortably prior to the start of the season.
I suspect, however, that they haven't even thought about any of it yet. Hope I'm wrong.

Of course kits aren't a big deal in the grand scheme, but they are another indication as to whether the club is making progress commercially.

On and off the pitch, this Summer will be really interesting to see to what extent we've got our sh*t together.

I raised issues about the kit last year and was critical of how it was so badly delayed. But I was surprised to learn that designs are signed off in the October with final orders in place by January at the very latest. We achieved these deadlines last season and again this season. Unfortunately there were global supply issues that affected all clubs, and whilst some clubs launched their kits before us, many came after us too.

However, I do agree that the kit launch should be much better and sets us up for the new season. Supply issues or not, we simply can't start our pre-season games in an off the shelf Sports Direct shirt this season.

Kits and season tickets is the biggest income our club has along with match day ticket sales. Marketing has to be spot on with these 2 areas and in recent years it has been amateurish at best.

I understand macron are still the kit manufacturer and the designs were signed off before Christmas. Surely there is no reason to release the kits the week before the last game of the season, the team would be allowed to wear it for the last home game and it to go on sale in the club shop that day. Even more important considering we could have a sell out against Accrington if it is a must win game.

I never understand why we don't have next season's kit available on the last day of the current season surely it's not to difficult to get the kit ready for the players to play in on the last day and in the club shop the following day

As for season tickets I will be renewing but don't hold much hope in actually being appreciated it came across this season that your better off becoming a member than forking out a good few hundred quid of season tickets

I never understand why we don't have next season's kit available on the last day of the current season surely it's not to difficult to get the kit ready for the players to play in on the last day and in the club shop the following day

As for season tickets I will be renewing but don't hold much hope in actually being appreciated it came across this season that your better off becoming a member than forking out a good few hundred quid of season tickets

You've got very few manufacturers creating kits for hundreds of clubs across Europe. Unfortunately, our buying power is limited due to the size of our fanbase so you have to go with the process, or pay more to get our order completed separately. Also you need the FA's permission to change kits during the season, so I doubt we'll see us wearing a new kit at the end of the season like we did against Shrewsbury (?) a few years ago.

I would have complete empathy if we were spinning a wheel to find out what color we are playing in and what our logo was. But honestly you could sign off the 2024/25 season kit right now and just add sponsor last minute. You’d even know approximate quantities too

I raised issues about the kit last year and was critical of how it was so badly delayed. But I was surprised to learn that designs are signed off in the October with final orders in place by January at the very latest. We achieved these deadlines last season and again this season. Unfortunately there were global supply issues that affected all clubs, and whilst some clubs launched their kits before us, many came after us too.

And yet we ended up with a grotesque slapdash foot length "BG" emblazoned on the front (of a really nice design shirt, granted). You can't believe that was intended and sorted in October '21?

Maybe the design was sorted and ordered but then the lack of sponsor delayed it - that's still failing to complete the process. Fully functioning commercial departments get sh*t done. I'm not content with 'many came after us too' - you wouldn't argue that about the sh*tty looking League table 'many finished below us too'.

Sorry, but the 'global issues' line doesn't wash any more than the 'World Cup year - can't do transfers' one.

I'm not prepared to have another Summer of lame excuses. You should perhaps be careful you don't once again become a mouthpiece for one.

There are a number of supporters that have never renewed ST’s after supporters (customers) were fleeced after the Covid ‘refund’ never happened.

It’ll be hard to get those supporters back to ST levels of commitment.

Back
Top Bottom