General Tim Williams Vote of Confidence

Do you have confidence in Tim Williams leadership?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean, the CEO/Board could come out with the announcement that we had found a cure for the common cold and some people would say "Pah, it's not like they cured cancer."

But then again, it's all on them. Make one error in communication to the fans (sorry, over-communication to the customers) or questionable decision and it can be seen as being clumsy, make two and it's getting serious. Make this many and some will be seeing the worst in ANY decision or announcement.

The disconnect between fans and club has not been this high for quite some time, I would say.
If only 20% of the fan base were as engaged as the top 20% of posters on here .

Ok @ sarge but who else apart from CW has left
This season? Just those publicly known about; Head of Finance, Head of Performance, Head of Communications, Andy Canton, and there’s probably a few more in less high profile/public roles too (understand a number of the accounts dept left around the time TD did). Oh and the Manager, Assistant manager & Head of Analysis. So a couple more than just CW.

Edited to add… Head Groundsman also

For now, you’re quite right. But they’ve made no secret of the fact that the Oxford brand and name is what attracted them here. And as you’ve pointed out, it isn’t OUFC that makes Oxford famous internationally.

They've said that. It may not be 100% true, and it is certainly is not untrue that shutting down Benny Wenda (Free man of Oxford and once supported by the City Council) has nothing to do with it.

Both of the leading investors' families have benefitted significantly from West Papua since it was annexed.

Wasn’t that something to do with Ian Mixer and yes life was made very difficult for our ultras
Ultras: "Hi, we're a bunch of really passionate fans and we want to all locate in one part of the stadium and create lots of noise and atmosphere driving the team on with out support. We'll be open to other people joining us if they want to. It will be a great selling point for the club - flags and colour".

Club: "Nah. In fact we're going to make life very hard for you"

It's madness. Palace are a club that work with the ultras and it creates a big selling point for the club.

I think that I read that the Palace ultras have fallen out with the club recently?
There always seems to be a problem with Ultras and the boards of various clubs and I think partly down to owners are taking the clubs as their toys and not worry about the ultras as they could be scuppering various things for the owners and now we are being treated as customers. Probably not but just a thought.

Bearing in mind Sam Long's form at present, I'd opt for a cheesecake in a headband at RB right now.
"and Smith is bearing down on the ball, he's flying on that wing and, no, wait a minute, he's stopped, he's turned and he's gone back to the cheesecake, he's taken a bite - this is incredible! Meantime Oxford have the ball, it's sent up top, Harris has it and, he's scored!!"

I think that I read that the Palace ultras have fallen out with the club recently?
Creative tension! Yep, you are right but at the same time I think it is healthy when there is disagreements and as long as they are raised in a constructive way (not always the case) then it strengthens the club.

There always seems to be a problem with Ultras and the boards of various clubs and I think partly down to owners are taking the clubs as their toys and not worry about the ultras as they could be scuppering various things for the owners and now we are being treated as customers. Probably not but just a thought.
No, I think you are spot on

I can't believe that Williams and Ferguson can't read the room.
Surely they listen to the Dub, T'Manor (who have both been critical of the communication of the club recently) as well as the other podcasts? They presumably read this forum as well.
As somebody suggested on TManor, hopefully the fans forum will be a reset of the relationship between the supporters and the club. It badly needs to he.

As an aside, this thread is about Williams. I am not sure that Ferguson gets a free pass here. Tim Williams reports to Grant Ferguson who presumably is on board with the communication strategy.

Just listened to Grant Ferguson in The Dub .
He clearly has a greater grasp of affairs both on and off the field - more so than most on here might think .
Communication was one of the items discussed and indicated he was concerned regarding the suggestion that the club were failing in this area.
Have a listen .

Back
Top Bottom