Manager/Coach KR on 5 minute forum this week

The 5 minute forum would be great if the interviewee wasn’t a fuckwit. Mark Aston proved the value of it.

…and what’s the best biscuit for dunking?

In reality this is how it will go:

Jerome: Welcome Karl, you’re on a FANTASTIC run of form. What do you put it down to?

The rest of the 5 min fans forum will then be filled with a long drawn out, meandering answer from KR.

Jerome: We’ll that’s all we have time for, sorry we couldn’t get to all of your questions. By the way Karl, I’m just LOVING the shoes…
You forgot the part where Jerome then licks the shoes to make sure they sparkle for the clown, kisses his rear and is then seen shuffling down the stairs to make sure he opens all the doors for kr, including the doors to his limousine.

Some of answers are laughable.

Comes across so egotistical.
He doesn't live in the real world, its all about "karlsworld." Expected arrogant answer about him resigning. Why didn't he list any of his successes in the answer, I wonder?

Thanks Captain Ox. Sounded like a man on the defensive but whose job is under no immediate threat. Think Rad Ox Sport are pretty measured and professional compared to some of the other other BBC local radio outlets

• React
Reactions: MJB
36 games played since March 1st.

12 wins are as follows:

Oxford 4-1 Burton
Oxford 1-0 MK Dons
Oxford 1-0 Cambridge
Oxford 5-0 Leyton Orient (PJT)
Oxford 2-1 Burton
Oxford 4-0 Port Vale

Shrewsbury 1-2 Oxford
Fleetwood 2-3 Oxford
Cheltenham 1-2 Oxford
Exeter 2-4 Oxford
Bolton 1-3 Oxford
Woking 1-2 Oxford (FA Cup)
Once again someone taking March 1st as a cut-off to emphasize a point. Yes we've been on a shite run to say the least, but at least quote stats from the closure of the transfer window in January, as transfer windows are the big stick with what to beat KR.

To complete the above, from Feb 1st (another arbitrary date of course) ...

Wins: 4. Portsmouth (3-2, Home), Charlton Athletic (4-0, Away), Crewe Alexandra (1-0, Away), Cambridge United (4-2, Home)
Draws: 1. Wigan (1-1, Away)
Defeats: 2. Accrington Stanley (0-2, Away), Bolton Wanderers (2-3, Home)

So the stats from the January window closing are 43 games, 16 wins. Still not much better, and the point being made still stands. Almost a season's worth of games with 16 wins (48 points). Add in a handful of draws to that total and it's mid-table mediocrity form.

Once again someone taking March 1st as a cut-off to emphasize a point. Yes we've been on a shite run to say the least, but at least quote stats from the closure of the transfer window in January, as transfer windows are the big stick with what to beat KR.

Credit where it's due, Steve. It took a few weeks for the players to get Robinson's tactics and our training to take effect.

It would be interesting to see what the stats are for clubs who do leave one or two players up.Presumably they don’t ship loads of goals from corners or they wouldn’t do it.
I used to love it when Diaz was in charge and left 2/3 up and I know we scored at least two .
My theory is the more you leave up the more they have to leave back and the defenders usually go forward so leaving non defenders or smaller players back.If you have a keeper who comes and claims the ball it gives you so many options with a quick throw out.
I would leave Anderson up who can travel with the ball at speed and doesn’t add much defending corners
But what do I know

It would be interesting to see what the stats are for clubs who do leave one or two players up.Presumably they don’t ship loads of goals from corners or they wouldn’t do it.
I used to love it when Diaz was in charge and left 2/3 up and I know we scored at least two .
My theory is the more you leave up the more they have to leave back and the defenders usually go forward so leaving non defenders or smaller players back.If you have a keeper who comes and claims the ball it gives you so many options with a quick throw out.
I would leave Anderson up who can travel with the ball at speed and doesn’t add much defending corners
But what do I know
It's the current fashion
Teams at every level do it
Eventually a clever coach somewhere will find a way of countering it

Last edited:
But what do I know

I can remember reading research (maybe on here?) that showed that this has been studied across a huge number of games where varying numbers were left up from corners, and it all showed that it was counter productive. Attackers get more space and there's a greater advantage in being able to run on to a ball with prior knowledge of how and where it will be delivered.

However, wouldn't it be great to just go batshit crazy and leave 5 up and mess with the opposition? Not all the time, not every game, but just once in a while as defenders are jogging up for a corner have half the team jog past them in the opposite direction!

Robbo, Mous, Faz - let's make the Oxford Corner a thing!

Having everybody back for a corner may work for the initial ball into the box which could be repelled however what are the figures for the following 30 seconds or so where the ball is returned to the box un opposed.

• React
Reactions: ljs
It's the current fashion
Teams at every level do it
Eventually s clever coach somewhere will find a way of countering it
I get the fact that the more crowded the penalty area is the more difficult it is to make a run towards the ball, but I can’t see leaving one player up is going to make that much difference

Back
Top Bottom