General Tim Williams

Now let’s hope the work starts in earnest and we can all look to a very good future for Oxford.

There are some excellent sound bites in that interview. Fans Forum, Radox 5 minute forum (or similar) and "success that this club and its fans deserve both on and off the pitch.”
It's on the pitch that interests me! He's watched games already and will be at the game on Saturday.

Full-time and based at the training ground every day. On paper, exactly what’s needed, as well as Ferguson replacing Tiger as Chairman.

Let’s hope the new CEO is strong enough to wag the tail. He needs to be in charge and not allow himself to be bowled over.

He's got the experience and, appointed by the new board & Chair.
Sure does. As well as his very senior roles at Inter Milan and Man United over the last decade, he was until recently the Managing Director at Tifosy, who advise on finance and capital strategy for the likes of Juventus, Inter Miami, Rangers, Parma and others. He’s proper.

And to think, a few people are still adamant that the board aren’t bothered about doing anything but tread water until the stadium is built. Presumably he’s come here for a laugh and is being paid in magic beans.

Are we acting like a big club, yet?

Are we acting like a big club, yet?

Certainly looks like we're getting there. Given our previous owners experience I can understand why the jury would still be out though. I enjoy watching you shout it from the rooftops till you're blue in the face, makes one hopeful!

Certainly looks like we're getting there. Given our previous owners experience I can understand why the jury would still be out though. I enjoy watching you shout it from the rooftops till you're blue in the face, makes one hopeful!
Our previous owners combined couldn't compete with this lot. We're talking billions here. Not robbing pension funds or asylum seeker hotels or merchant banker dreamers.

It’s nice to actually see some structure being put in place off the field. Slowly getting there “Rome wasn’t built in a day”.

Now we need to have some proper structure in place on the pitch. A director of football, new manager and some new coaches. Then we can start to motor.

I do it because unless people believe in the board’s attempts to push us on at pace and develop expectations that align with their goals then it will hold the entire club back, and we do not have time to lose. Fans need to stop believing that this is our level and that it can’t get any better than Karl Robinson giving them a wink and blowing them a kiss.

I’ve seen more than one poster in recent weeks say that we aren’t a big club and never will be. Those people need to be left behind. The club is moving forward and the quickest way for people to help that happen is to push it, not hold it back because they like supporting a parochial little football club, or because they insist on clinging to the legs of individual personalities like frightened toddlers.

Support Oxford United.

I do it because unless people believe in the board’s attempts to push us on at pace and develop expectations that align with their goals then it will hold the entire club back, and we do not have time to lose. Fans need to stop believing that this is our level and that it can’t get any better than Karl Robinson giving them a wink and blowing them a kiss.

I’ve seen more than one poster in recent weeks say that we aren’t a big club and never will be. Those people need to be left behind. The club is moving forward and the quickest way for people to help that happen is to push it, not hold it back because they like supporting a parochial little football club, or because they insist on clinging to the legs of individual personalities like frightened toddlers.

Support Oxford United.
I would like to believe we could follow in the footsteps of Brighton.

Support Oxford United.
Well said.

Folk have got to take this on board. What a time to be an OUFC supporter.

I used to think that some could look at Oxford as another Monaco image wise! Although Monaco don't seem to be as successful as they were?

We as fans need to back the board and club as much as we can, we all know the results have not been great.
But being a supporter is sticking with your team through thick and thin.
Hopefully we could see a few more attending and helping the club push on.

I see the present owner of Brighton became chairman in 2009 and got promotion out of div 1 in 2011

Support Oxford United.
I like supporting a parochial little football club! But I’d like it to be at the level Brentford are at too - it doesn’t have to lose it’s soul in the process

Back
Top Bottom