General 13/10/22 - BBC Radio Oxford 5 minute fans forum

Yet other clubs below and above us managed to get the new kits in the shops ready for well before the new season. Hopefully Timmy didn't look at the squad list and see we don't have a full squad of players, although it seems kr has them in his pocket as he had tiger, and the new board are gutless, in terms of accepting total failure as a modicum of success.
I was going to give my son the new home shirt with baldock on the back in the summer, now I’m thinking Christmas but it may have to be the new year now. Get well soon Sam.

This seasons kit was agreed an ordered in October last year. As was said, there were supply issues across the board and whilst I was initially questioning of the club it appears that there was little we could have done differently.

It was fudge all to do with "supply issues"
A sponsor was lined up - things changed.
We got BG at lastminute.com

Is he? Because after more than four years of not doing so, Robinson went on camera today and admitted that mistakes have been made and he’s taken his eye off the ball at times, acknowledged that bad luck isn’t an excuse for everything, and then said that he apologises for his part in things and will learn from it. Which he just so happens to have decided to do a week after a new CEO - ie his new boss - takes charge. As someone who used to work in both the football press and the media department at this very football club, I don’t buy that he’s suddenly feeling very honest when this season he’s done nothing but double down time and again on how it’s all the fault of injuries, bad luck and the players, while asserting that we’re routinely dominating teams and having a million shots a game.

I think it’s infinitely more likely that Tim Williams has informed Robinson that he needs to stop riling people up by so flatly refusing to hold his hands up to anything 24/7, said that he will back him and try to take some pressure off in the short term, but has ultimately said to him, “We do need to turn this around ASAP.” Hence why TW also stressed that results and an improvement on the pitch remain a top priority.

I wouldn’t take too much at face value presently. He’s brand new to the job - he can’t come in and wallop any individual member of his staff in public right off the bat. He admitted he had only attended a game for the first time against MK the other week, so it’s probably going to take at least another couple of games for him to form a proper opinion. But for me, he’s already showing pretty clear signs of taking charge given the humility that Robinson has magically found down the back of the sofa.

Looking forward to having the segment back every week. Hopefully the club sticks with it and it doesn’t fizzle out and fade away again. I think it’s really important that there is some sort of basic line of communication on a regular basis.
Spot on.

It's the boards decision not ours. Kr knows and so do the players now he's got 3/4 games let's win some games.

Chris Williams’ Sam Baldock Question answered with ‘let’s leave it for now!’
Hmm…!!!🤔🤨

I think it should be 2 hour fans forum more like. 5 minutes is nothing . What do you get out of that ????
while the rad ox 5mff is ok, with 'new' owners at the helm , there really should be an open, live fans forum lasting up to 2 hours, with those best placed to answer fans questions there in person
also a live fans forum allows questions to those at the top, to be asked 'unfiltered'

while the rad ox 5mff is ok, with 'new' owners at the helm , there really should be an open, live fans forum lasting up to 2 hours, with those best placed to answer fans questions there in person
also a live fans forum allows questions to those at the top, to be asked 'unfiltered'
If everything promised, so far, by the new Board CEO and Chairman and confirmed by OxVox and OUSP, that should be forthcoming.

With the way its all kicked off this week with rumours etc absolutely zero chance of that happening.

The next 5 minute forum professes an appearance from KR. This raises some interesting prospects, 1. Will he still be manager and it looks, sadly, as though he will, 2. Questions direct from supporters if, as always, if, Radox don't apply too strong a filter and select only the soft questions. 3. Will this new contrite and less dominant KR give proper answers or his usual vocabulary of "protecting players, proud, they give everything, they love the club" etc. etc.
The result on Saturday and the Pizza trophy on Tuesday will be important. The pizza trophy has already been marked by the board as a benchmark of performance, qualification to the knockout stages is a minimum with progress expected. Lose to Exeter and maybe, just maybe, he can survive, given what we have heard of late.
I, for one, would like to see him gone. He's a busted flush, and, rumours or not, an undesirable person to be in charge of the team.
An undesirable person to be in charge of the team? He's a bit annoying but has been good up to this season - not sure what you're implying there?

An undesirable person to be in charge of the team? He's a bit annoying but has been good up to this season - not sure what you're implying there?

Undesirable is subjective anyway.

There are many former players and coaching staff who have had lifestyles that were far from saintly yet have almost legendary status attributed to them as a consequence.

Morality in football (and life in general) is often sacrificed for success.

Well that was a complete waste of time. No really probing questions and although the "new Karl" was evident from his tone and countless apologies, it hasn't really answered anything.

Reading between the lines, it seems he will be here in January to "get us back on track". That remains to be seen, but he seems to have the backing of the board for now.

Edit - sorry, I typed this out ready to post next week and accidentally posted it today.....

I thought TW did a good job in responding in a general way whilst making certain points in respect of the overall situation. I think it would be unreasonable to expect him to give definitive answers on all matters as he has only been in post for a week or so, and there is little which can be answered in a clear cut fashion, particularly in a brief interview.
I don't accept that he hasn't answered anything. I think you have to hear his responses in the context of his new role, and the fact that he is far better appraised of the facts than any of us. I also think that that you don't get to his position without some substantial pedigree.

I thought TW spoke well without giving too much away. My takeaway, like many others on here, is that KR is probably going to be here for longer than some would like (@Leysboy and @Mellowyellow are going to be fun ... 👀) since KR is banking on the injured players reviving our fortunes. However, lose the next two or three in a row and even that may not be a good enough excuse.

TW obviously wasn't going to swing the axe straightaway but I'm so glad that there is now that link in the chain between manager and owners. No more gift of the gab to an owner overseas where KR can say all is fine and dandy. He's got someone local watching him now.

And please make the five minute programme and 15-20 minute feature, RadOx. It deserves it.

Well that was a complete waste of time. No really probing questions and although the "new Karl" was evident from his tone and countless apologies, it hasn't really answered anything.

Reading between the lines, it seems he will be here in January to "get us back on track". That remains to be seen, but he seems to have the backing of the board for now.

Edit - sorry, I typed this out ready to post next week and accidentally posted it today.....
You’ve forgot he’s identified his targets

Again I will say it
Tim Williams has been here a week, would you rather he say something and then shoot him down in six months
Let him get settled see what is happening and invite him back and n December

Back
Top Bottom