General Tim Williams

I hope Williams etc will be in the training ground telling all the players they deserve to be at the club and they of course still have a future.

I hope Williams etc will be in the training ground telling all the players they deserve to be at the club and they of course still have a future.
the pair of snakes will have already told the players who they are cherry picking for the wurzels

What ever TW says will have ZERO bearing on the players

I hope there is an agreement with Bristol City that they cannot come in for any of our players for the length of Mannings contract.
I hope that contract ends in less time than he spent here!

Now as was the case when we had the sh.. show from Robinson is the time when TW and GF need to be VISIBLE! Press releases don't do it. Lots of video etc relating to the new stadium and good news stories but a true leader is visible now

Now as was the case when we had the sh.. show from Robinson is the time when TW and GF need to be VISIBLE! Press releases don't do it. Lots of video etc relating to the new stadium and good news stories but a true leader is visible now

I'd rather they are focusing entirely on getting the very best manager possible, and getting a deal agreed before we play Cheltenham, and not worried about streaming a load of videos right now.

I'd rather they are focusing entirely on getting the very best manager possible, and getting a deal agreed before we play Cheltenham, and not worried about streaming a load of videos right now.
I wouldn’t mind a short interview with Jerome from him, though.

I’m hoping that we’ll get one in upcoming episode of The Dub, which issue anytime now.

It’s called leadership. Easy to be front and centre when everything’s positive but any organisation needs visible leadership when things are tough or volatile. I don’t think one press conference would derail a manager selection process

It’s called leadership. Easy to be front and centre when everything’s positive but any organisation needs visible leadership when things are tough or volatile. I don’t think one press conference would derail a manager selection process

There's a difference between leadership and media engagement. You spoke about loads of videos about the stadium and good news stories, about a visible image. That isn't leadership, that's PR.

The club made their statement yesterday, and it's clear that they wasn't happy with Manning leaving but gave assurances that the process of finding a replacement has already started. Colin said that key players will be back in the UK this weekend so no reason why we can't replicate the timeframe we had when bringing Manning in. That would enable us to have the right manager in place to take charge for the Cheltenham game and the busy period in the run up to Christmas.

I'd rather hear from them once we've got the manager in post rather than a meaningless press conference now.

There's a difference between leadership and media engagement. You spoke about loads of videos about the stadium and good news stories, about a visible image. That isn't leadership, that's PR.

The club made their statement yesterday, and it's clear that they wasn't happy with Manning leaving but gave assurances that the process of finding a replacement has already started. Colin said that key players will be back in the UK this weekend so no reason why we can't replicate the timeframe we had when bringing Manning in. That would enable us to have the right manager in place to take charge for the Cheltenham game and the busy period in the run up to Christmas.

I'd rather hear from them once we've got the manager in post rather than a meaningless press conference now.
Each to their own on what makes a good leader of an organisation. Seems your bar is pretty low

I’m at a bit of a loss as to why engaging with fans goes completely on hold for any reason. There’s really no excuse, is there? Nobody is asking for showmen or daily updates, just good honest communication. Doesn’t mean the cogs all grind to a halt while that is prepared and delivered.

I’m at a bit of a loss as to why engaging with fans goes completely on hold for any reason. There’s really no excuse, is there? Nobody is asking for showmen or daily updates, just good honest communication. Doesn’t mean the cogs all grind to a halt while that is prepared and delivered.
I don’t agree actually, I don’t expect progress reports during a recruitment process. It’s quite normal to go fairly quiet at that point, and anything they did say would just be waffle.

I don’t agree actually, I don’t expect progress reports during a recruitment process. It’s quite normal to go fairly quiet at that point, and anything they did say would just be waffle.
Well progress reports is exactly what I suggest we don’t need. One public showing would do it.

It may be lip service and a bit of a formality what they say, but it all counts towards being visible and fans buying in to them. It would show solidarity - they’re clearly disappointed, we’re disappointed, so let’s be disappointed together but direct attention on to what’s ahead. Don’t think that’s a waste of time.

Leadership isn't about visibility in the press it's about demonstrating leadership behind the scenes so happy for them not to shout about their intentions providing it means they are hard at work.

Back
Top Bottom