General 13/10/22 - BBC Radio Oxford 5 minute fans forum

Thought he talks well, clearly in public he will back KR, expect the situation is very different behind the scenes. Seemed to very adamant that there would be a lot more communication in the future with fans which can only be a good thing after a few years of relative silence.

Welcome to the club Tim Williams.

Thought he sounded very impressive and well spoken, with a refreshing perspective on things.

Just hope it’s not all bullshit and bluster 🙏

His voice sounds weirdly similar to the DJ Geoff Lloyd.

That’s my hot take.

Hmmm just listened to it. Yes he spoke impressively.

But.. He’s completely sold on Karl’s assurances that it’s all down to bad luck with injuries, all will be well when the injured players return and we have a strong squad when everyone is fit. We shall see…

My take on it was it was a little bit unfair to put the spotlight on him so early in his tenure. He’s hardly got his feet under the table so of course everything is under review. I liked the majority of what I heard and how he said it though

So next seasons kit has been decided already. So will be for sale in June then yeah?!

Depends if a sponsor is identified earlier or if BG are going to be the sponsor again. I know the delay this season was a sponsor couldn't be found.

He’s completely sold on Karl’s assurances that it’s all down to bad luck with injuries, all will be well when the injured players return and we have a strong squad when everyone is fit.
Is he? Because after more than four years of not doing so, Robinson went on camera today and admitted that mistakes have been made and he’s taken his eye off the ball at times, acknowledged that bad luck isn’t an excuse for everything, and then said that he apologises for his part in things and will learn from it. Which he just so happens to have decided to do a week after a new CEO - ie his new boss - takes charge. As someone who used to work in both the football press and the media department at this very football club, I don’t buy that he’s suddenly feeling very honest when this season he’s done nothing but double down time and again on how it’s all the fault of injuries, bad luck and the players, while asserting that we’re routinely dominating teams and having a million shots a game.

I think it’s infinitely more likely that Tim Williams has informed Robinson that he needs to stop riling people up by so flatly refusing to hold his hands up to anything 24/7, said that he will back him and try to take some pressure off in the short term, but has ultimately said to him, “We do need to turn this around ASAP.” Hence why TW also stressed that results and an improvement on the pitch remain a top priority.

I wouldn’t take too much at face value presently. He’s brand new to the job - he can’t come in and wallop any individual member of his staff in public right off the bat. He admitted he had only attended a game for the first time against MK the other week, so it’s probably going to take at least another couple of games for him to form a proper opinion. But for me, he’s already showing pretty clear signs of taking charge given the humility that Robinson has magically found down the back of the sofa.

Looking forward to having the segment back every week. Hopefully the club sticks with it and it doesn’t fizzle out and fade away again. I think it’s really important that there is some sort of basic line of communication on a regular basis.

But for me, he’s already showing pretty clear signs of taking charge given the humility that Robinson has magically found down the back of the sofa.
This. I said in Wycombe thread that Robinson's pre-match radio slot was not delivered with his normal brash, jaunty demeanour; I did wonder if TW may have had a hand in his new public image....

So next seasons kit has been decided already. So will be for sale in June then yeah?!

This seasons kit was agreed an ordered in October last year. As was said, there were supply issues across the board and whilst I was initially questioning of the club it appears that there was little we could have done differently.

Is he? Because after more than four years of not doing so, Robinson went on camera today and admitted that mistakes have been made and he’s taken his eye off the ball at times, acknowledged that bad luck isn’t an excuse for everything, and then said that he apologises for his part in things and will learn from it. Which he just so happens to have decided to do a week after a new CEO - ie his new boss - takes charge. As someone who used to work in both the football press and the media department at this very football club, I don’t buy that he’s suddenly feeling very honest when this season he’s done nothing but double down time and again on how it’s all the fault of injuries, bad luck and the players, while asserting that we’re routinely dominating teams and having a million shots a game.

I think it’s infinitely more likely that Tim Williams has informed Robinson that he needs to stop riling people up by so flatly refusing to hold his hands up to anything 24/7, said that he will back him and try to take some pressure off in the short term, but has ultimately said to him, “We do need to turn this around ASAP.” Hence why TW also stressed that results and an improvement on the pitch remain a top priority.

I wouldn’t take too much at face value presently. He’s brand new to the job - he can’t come in and wallop any individual member of his staff in public right off the bat. He admitted he had only attended a game for the first time against MK the other week, so it’s probably going to take at least another couple of games for him to form a proper opinion. But for me, he’s already showing pretty clear signs of taking charge given the humility that Robinson has magically found down the back of the sofa.

Looking forward to having the segment back every week. Hopefully the club sticks with it and it doesn’t fizzle out and fade away again. I think it’s really important that there is some sort of basic line of communication on a regular basis.

It might surprise a few, but I agree with the general theme of this post.

Although Robinson has admitted mistakes in the past, the mistakes have generally been smaller and the apologies have been more token. There's no escaping the situation we are currently in and there's only so long you can shout "our xG is amazing!" before you have to face reality.

I don't for one second think that Tim Williams is a soft touch. He will make the tough calls, but I don't think that he'll be rushed into them. I suspect that there are clear objects for the next 4 weeks or so that will determine the managers role moving forward and everyone will be aware of what these are.

I do think that many of the key players will want to perform for Robinson, and it may fire them up to get the result everyone needs. But it might also add pressure to what they are already feeling, and my worry is that the players are going out with a fear of losing rather than a freedom to play, and that is rarely a good thing.

Let's see what Saturday brings, because as I've said before, things can change very quickly (in either direction).

Although Robinson has admitted mistakes in the past, the mistakes have generally been smaller and the apologies have been more token. There's no escaping the situation we are currently in and there's only so long you can shout "our xG is amazing!" before you have to face reality.

I don't for one second think that Tim Williams is a soft touch. He will make the tough calls, but I don't think that he'll be rushed into them. I suspect that there are clear objects for the next 4 weeks or so that will determine the managers role moving forward and everyone will be aware of what these are.

I do think that many of the key players will want to perform for Robinson, and it may fire them up to get the result everyone needs. But it might also add pressure to what they are already feeling, and my worry is that the players are going out with a fear of losing rather than a freedom to play, and that is rarely a good thing.

Let's see what Saturday brings, because as I've said before, things can change very quickly (in either direction).
I liked the way he kept referring to results on the pitch. Now clearly the clappers will always avoid this topic, relating to how good kr is at opening fetes and kissing babies on the head for the sake of the county, rather on results. If that's the case here's hoping the axe falls quickly if we lose on Saturday.

This seasons kit was agreed an ordered in October last year. As was said, there were supply issues across the board and whilst I was initially questioning of the club it appears that there was little we could have done differently.
Yet other clubs below and above us managed to get the new kits in the shops ready for well before the new season. Hopefully Timmy didn't look at the squad list and see we don't have a full squad of players, although it seems kr has them in his pocket as he had tiger, and the new board are gutless, in terms of accepting total failure as a modicum of success.

I also think four weeks is a probable timescale. My fear is that, starting with a narrow win at Exeter tomorrow, we will garner enough points to save KR’s skin without moving significantly up the league. It remains to be seen whether the board see lower middle as an acceptable league position this year - as anything above that is surely only wishful thinking.
It ISN’T acceptable and Robinson has to go.
The sooner the better.

The next 5 minute forum professes an appearance from KR. This raises some interesting prospects, 1. Will he still be manager and it looks, sadly, as though he will, 2. Questions direct from supporters if, as always, if, Radox don't apply too strong a filter and select only the soft questions. 3. Will this new contrite and less dominant KR give proper answers or his usual vocabulary of "protecting players, proud, they give everything, they love the club" etc. etc.
The result on Saturday and the Pizza trophy on Tuesday will be important. The pizza trophy has already been marked by the board as a benchmark of performance, qualification to the knockout stages is a minimum with progress expected. Lose to Exeter and maybe, just maybe, he can survive, given what we have heard of late.
I, for one, would like to see him gone. He's a busted flush, and, rumours or not, an undesirable person to be in charge of the team.

I think it should be 2 hour fans forum more like. 5 minutes is nothing . What do you get out of that ????
Not sure what you expected the guy has been here a week
Now if KR is still here next week he should face really tough questions but more importantly don’t let KR drift off on a tangent

Back
Top Bottom