Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

Early update from me, as I'm shortly leaving for Accrington.

First time on the Three Games at 10K that I've been slightly disappointed with sales. Just over 6,300 at the moment, so we've got a lot to do to reach 10,000 total and sales need to pick up in the coming days. I'll do an update tomorrow and should then be able to give an accurate forecast.
Be really great if we can do it

Early update from me, as I'm shortly leaving for Accrington.

First time on the Three Games at 10K that I've been slightly disappointed with sales. Just over 6,300 at the moment, so we've got a lot to do to reach 10,000 total and sales need to pick up in the coming days. I'll do an update tomorrow and should then be able to give an accurate forecast.
A win tonight will boost ticket sales for Saturday .... a big win tonight would boost ticket sales even more

Bolton's captain Ricardo Santos has had his red card from Saturday overturned.

Would he have been back for our game regardless. I thought a red for handball was only one game (which would have seen him suspended for tonightโ€™s game and back Saturday) but not really sure.

Lots more to do if we're going to hit the 10k mark by the looks of things. Every one of us can look to encourage others along. Post a link to the game and tickets site on your Facebook, twitter etc. If you're driving and have a spare seat or two then why not get others to join you to make getting their and back easier. Try to get a load from work/school/clubs extra to take advantage of the group offers for 10 or more of you. We're maybe looking at around 9.5k as it stands so we need to push for the extra 500 or so.

Also, if the club is reading this, a little extra encouragement would help. A montage of players talking about the importance of the crowd in getting the last two home wins alongside highlights of the winning goals etc. A "We need U's" type posters. Maybe events on the day for a 10k crowd like signed shirts randomly going to fans in each of the 4 stands. Scarfs or flags given away to kids. Reach out to schools to offer group deals etc. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will need a real push to start getting the numbers up.

Going to need a real push after last night
Maybe the club need to show pictures of those loyal fans in the rain at Accrington and say something like if they are prepared to do this please come along and support us at home

After my slightly less than positive post yesterday afternoon, and after last night's result, I was expecting to do my early morning check today and find no more sales. But, no, a little ray of sunshine, as we have sold another 200 since then!

I've got to say I'm quite surprised by this, but I shouldn't have doubted Oxford fans to still buy tickets during/after a rather disappointing evening. We're now at just below 6,500 home sales. I'd say we need to be at, or very close to, 7,000 by the end of today if we're going to hit the 10,000 target. Tough, but not impossible.

I'm further encouraged by looking at the league table this morning. Yes we all look at the negatives after a defeat, that's normal football fan behaviour, but actually we're still in a very good position to cement a top 6 place, and still not totally out touch with second place (I think Rotherham are gone). Whatever the sales are between now and kick off, we ARE looking at a very good attendance and it should be another cracking day at the football. I don't want to sound like a cheerleader for the club, but if people have enjoyed the last two home games, there really is no reason why they shouldn't come along to this one, as it has all the ingredients to be another good one.

I have updated my spreadsheet with the 41 crowds greater than 9000 at the Kassam stadium, and counted up who was manager.
Ian Atkins - 6
Jim Smith - 3
Chris Wilder - 5
Michael Appleton - 16
Pep Cloter - 1
Karl Robinson - 10
I am not sure whether I am surprised or not, but none under Brian Horton despite him being manager for five years.

I have updated my spreadsheet with the 41 crowds greater than 9000 at the Kassam stadium, and counted up who was manager.
Ian Atkins - 6
Jim Smith - 3
Chris Wilder - 5
Michael Appleton - 16
Pep Cloter - 1
Karl Robinson - 10
I am not sure whether I am surprised or not, but none under Brian Horton despite him being manager for five years.

Might be getting a whoosh here but why Horton count given that he was at the Manor?

Either way, Horton Out!

Ian Atkins - 6
Jim Smith - 3
Chris Wilder - 5
Michael Appleton - 16
Pep Cloter - 1
Karl Robinson - 10

Perhaps less surprising that there were none under Brian Talbot. Shudder.

Going to need a real push after last night
Maybe the club need to show pictures of those loyal fans in the rain at Accrington and say something like if they are prepared to do this please come along and support us at home
Excellent post.

Iโ€™m sure KR would be top by now if we hadnโ€™t had the COVID epidemic
Two playoff games for a start plus the whole of last season Sunderland Pompey Swindon etc
I was looking at the basic figures and thinking how many good crowds we had under Appleton, thinking that Robinson has been playing in a higher league for most of it, but completely forgot that we had missed however many home games from the end of 2019/20 season to whenever we got let back in.

Also, if the club is reading this, a little extra encouragement would help. A montage of players talking about the importance of the crowd in getting the last two home wins alongside highlights of the winning goals etc. A "We need U's" type posters. Maybe events on the day for a 10k crowd like signed shirts randomly going to fans in each of the 4 stands. Scarfs or flags given away to kids. Reach out to schools to offer group deals etc. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will need a real push to start getting the numbers up.
Awkward.

Hopefully after a long and miserable journey to and from Accrington yesterday, the key players will be back in tomorrow to do some seriously strong promotional work for this game. Thanks to @Colin B it seems like we've had some decent sales today but will need a strong end to the week along with lots of walk-ups if we're to make another 10k crowd. Does anyone know of supporters who made SW or Pompey their first game? I wonder if the club could get comments from them talking positively about their experiences to encourage others on their first steps to a lifetime of Oxford glory!!!

Back
Top Bottom