Dot Counting Wycombe 10k - Oct 28th

Attendance tracking
Very good Friday sales of just below 550, leaving us at home sales of 8,134 at midnight. That's the second highest Friday sales of the season, and also means our sales since Tuesday evening's defeat are now very much on a par with the same period (midnight Tuesday to midnight Friday) as our other home games this season, so there hasn't been a drop off. Given that we were starting from a higher base it leaves us currently ahead of all games this season, with the exception of Exeter (200 behind). We're ahead of the Charlton game by 1,000 and Port Vale by over 700.

We should do anywhere between 600/750 today, so I'll go for a home attendance of 8,750/8,850 and a total attendance of 10,200/10,300. If we get to 10,213 then our average so far this season will top 9,000. Last time we averaged over 9,000 for a full season was 1987!
So, 8,720 home fans in the end, just 30 below my lower estimate of 8,750. To be honest I hedged my bet a little as I thought we'd be closer to the top end of my estimate.

That said home crowds are definitely on the up, although we now only have two home league games before Christmas (assuming Portsmouth is called off and re-arranged for sometime in the New Year) and one is midweek at home to Bolton and the other is the week before Christmas, against Burton, so there's not going to be a lot of dot counting for a couple of months.

It's a shame we narrowly missed the 10,213 target, as I can't see the current average of 8,994 being seriously boosted by the aforementioned two games. However, with two bumper crowds over the Christmas break followed by Saturday home games against Barnsley, Northampton and Reading I can see the average being 9,500 by the time we've played Reading, particularly if we also have the re-scheduled Portsmouth game during that time.

I'm sorry, but for those of you asking about dot counters' songs and similar, the first rule of Dot Counting Club, is you never talk about Dot Counting Club..............

I wonder if we might be able to play the Portsmouth home game on December 19th if it gets called off . If the reading game goes ahead on the 12th ( think the reading game could be moved to the 19th if fa cup replays)

I wonder if we might be able to play the Portsmouth home game on December 19th if it gets called off . If the reading game goes ahead on the 12th ( think the reading game could be moved to the 19th if fa cup replays)
I hope not, as it would mean five games in 13 days, 19th, 23rd, 26th, 29th, and 1st January. I would imagine both clubs would be against it.

Back
Top Bottom