Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

I’ll add that where I have my seat in the East Stand, there are plenty of families, and families that have know each other for years via various connections. I see new people all the time - young, diverse, etc. it’s also difficult to learn some songs when you don’t know them.

I’d also to ditch the Sw*ndon fan on a stick song. Not cool.

(Oh yeah, it’s probably banter - I’m still not singing it though)

Which songs do you sing along too?

I sort of think ( maybe I'm wrong ) but except Cambridge and Burton the rest of our home games should get 9500-10,000 maybe more
Bolton
Cambridge
Burton
Ipswich
Sunderland
Mk Dons
Doncaster
All of these are Saturday games and as I said apart from the two I mentioned the rest should bring a decent following so I don't think we should reduce prices imo
Maybe do a kid for a quid for the Cambridge and Burton games

Surely anyone who went to Sheff Wed or Pompey game will come back for more v Bolton. Another ex-premiership team, albeit not quite so high profile.
I can imagine a few kids nagging their parents to go again.
Some people might not have realised there was another home game so quickly.

Last edited:
Home ticket sales as of 9:30pm are a handful below 6,200. That's 350 sold today, since my early morning check first thing today.

It compares favourably with all games to date, apart from the "big three" of Morecambe, Wednesday, and Portsmouth. It's going to be interesting to see whether we can make up the shortfall needed to reach 10,000 total. We're about 700 behind Portsmouth and Wednesday, but need about 400 less sales to pass the 10,000 mark. That's another 2,000 needed this week and on match day. We did approximately 1,800 from this point on against both Wednesday and Portsmouth, so it's a big target, but doable, especially on the premise that we'll probably do a lot more sales later in the week this time , as some of the more recent fans may not have realised there's another game this Saturday yet?

Good to see the club promoting it, let's hope for a favourable result (and others going our way) tomorrow to ramp up the interest. Cant't believe anyone who's been to the last two home games won't want to go to this one.

Last edited:
When I started the thread to promote the Sheffield Wednesday game, I made the point that this wasn't just about giving out freebies but finding ways to attract fans based on our product. Of course, some promotional offers will help, but simply reducing cost alone is lazy marketing. If people invest in a ticket, they also invest into the club and that helps build a relationship between fan and club. The fact that we're now looking at creating our third consecutive crowd of 10,000 PAYING fans is incredible and we can all be proud of the part we've played in making that happen. Keep up the good work!!

We are averaging 7200

For league games only, our average is 7,840.
That includes 4 Tuesday night games, which knocks off around 1500 from our attendances, some of which (500?) would be away fans.

If we average 10k for the remaining 7 home games, we'll be looking at an average of 8,500 for the season.

Even if we don't hit 3 in a row now, I think the last 4 home games would all virtually sell out, in the home ends at least, Ipswich, Sunderland, MK, Doncaster.
Club should be pushing the Flexi ticket, not just to save money, but to guarantee a ticket for the matches.

Everyone is just looking at this from one angle, that of a current attendee. You've chosen games again when those who attend regular will go anyway and those who choose their games will also do so, the likes of Sheff Wed..Pompey..Sunderland etc

I keep banging the drum about this why continue to ignore what many perceive as the less glamorous opponents when the place has numerous empty seats ? what are you going to do to get new fans along? if reduced pricing is seen as "Lazy" what will entice a new fan or lapsed one to pop along...if you think that Flexi Tickets at £300 for a family of 4 is the answer then you're in for a shock.

If the real desire is that you want new fans and those that have lapsed then offer them something that will have them consider even moving off the comfort of their sofa,

1.000 to 1.500 empty seats filled and PAID by potential new fans of the future is not only extra income today but even if only a small % get the bug it's added income for the future.

It wouldn't annoy me and it would likely get more paying adults through the gate.... and likely create a few long term supporters in the kids that would come.
Nor me, I think incentives throughout the season are a great idea, hopefully some that take advantage of them will get the bug and become regulars or even ST holders.
I don’t care if non ST holders get discounts to entice more people along, I get my ST so I can have the same good seat every week, I don’t have to mess about buying tickets and am almost guaranteed tickets for the big away games.

Everyone is just looking at this from one angle, that of a current attendee. You've chosen games again when those who attend regular will go anyway and those who choose their games will also do so, the likes of Sheff Wed..Pompey..Sunderland etc

I keep banging the drum about this why continue to ignore what many perceive as the less glamorous opponents when the place has numerous empty seats ? what are you going to do to get new fans along? if reduced pricing is seen as "Lazy" what will entice a new fan or lapsed one to pop along...if you think that Flexi Tickets at £300 for a family of 4 is the answer then you're in for a shock.

If the real desire is that you want new fans and those that have lapsed then offer them something that will have them consider even moving off the comfort of their sofa,

1.000 to 1.500 empty seats filled and PAID by potential new fans of the future is not only extra income today but even if only a small % get the bug it's added income for the future.

But there are ONLY 7 home games remaining, 5 of which sell themselves, as you say yourself.

The club already offer a range of tickets with discounts, Season tickets, Half season tickets and Flexi tickets.
There is also likely to be a promotion for one of Cambridge or Burton.

Maybe the price of the Flexi ticket could be looked at for next season.

But there are ONLY 7 home games remaining, 5 of which sell themselves, as you say yourself.

The club already offer a range of tickets with discounts, Season tickets, Half season tickets and Flexi tickets.
There is also likely to be a promotion for one of Cambridge or Burton.

Maybe the price of the Flexi ticket could be looked at for next season.
The point is they are NOT selling themselves to potential NEW fans.

Even the most negative or reserved marketing rep can surely see the Potential of the next 7 games and how that can be used to engage with new support

Reduced pricing ( as some have suggested) for Pompey , Sheffield Wednesday or Bolton is lazy marketing.
It sounds like the club is lining something up for a couple of less glamorous games which makes sense.
From a financial point the club has to be careful that they don't fill the 1500 empty seats but everybody ( other than ST holders) get a discount reducing the overall income in a game.

The point is they are NOT selling themselves to potential NEW fans.

Even the most negative or reserved marketing rep can surely see the Potential of the next 7 games and how that can be used to engage with new support

I don't think this is too much of a problem in the current ground for 5 of the remaining games, we will get close to selling out the home ends for most of those.
Come the new ground however...

I agree that the games to have offers for are the Cambridge and Burton games, and it seems the club is working on those.
Maybe offer something like buy a Cambridge or Burton ticket and get a reduced price ticket for another game.

@horseman I know that you've previously mentioned about moving away and no longer regularly attending games. I respect your reasons, but as a consequence I assume that you didn't attend the Sheffield Wednesday or Portsmouth games? Because if you had you would have seen plenty of new fans. Against SW I spoke with a family of 4 who were at their first game and overheard another family talking about it being a great first game with the kids asking about going again. Against Pompey there were lots of new faces around me and a few fans that I recognise from the odd game a season, but hardly regulars. I have myself taken up 7 workmates this season, 3 of whom have brought their kids to subsequent games and 1 who is looking at getting a season ticket next year. Also, a Facebook "friend" who was asking about games to take her sons to, despite them being Arsenal fans. They went at new year and will be back Saturday with the boys wanting Oxford shirts. There is plenty of interest in Oxford United but that doesn't always translate in to ticket sales. Threads like this and word being spread by all of us helps turn 8k gates into 10k with relying on giving tickets away.

@horseman I know that you've previously mentioned about moving away and no longer regularly attending games. I respect your reasons, but as a consequence I assume that you didn't attend the Sheffield Wednesday or Portsmouth games? Because if you had you would have seen plenty of new fans. Against SW I spoke with a family of 4 who were at their first game and overheard another family talking about it being a great first game with the kids asking about going again. Against Pompey there were lots of new faces around me and a few fans that I recognise from the odd game a season, but hardly regulars. I have myself taken up 7 workmates this season, 3 of whom have brought their kids to subsequent games and 1 who is looking at getting a season ticket next year. Also, a Facebook "friend" who was asking about games to take her sons to, despite them being Arsenal fans. They went at new year and will be back Saturday with the boys wanting Oxford shirts. There is plenty of interest in Oxford United but that doesn't always translate in to ticket sales. Threads like this and word being spread by all of us helps turn 8k gates into 10k with relying on giving tickets away.
Let’s keep it going

Everyone needs to help. Every single one of us will have family, friends, work mates etc that we can encourage to come along. We can all do the marketing for the club!

You may be mixing me up with someone else, my non attendance is nothing to do with my current location. I travelled 100+ miles every home game and a fair few away too since I moved here some 13 years ago.

Early update from me, as I'm shortly leaving for Accrington.

First time on the Three Games at 10K that I've been slightly disappointed with sales. Just over 6,300 at the moment, so we've got a lot to do to reach 10,000 total and sales need to pick up in the coming days. I'll do an update tomorrow and should then be able to give an accurate forecast.

Would have thought that Bolton will be relatively attractive to locals as the away team. A fairly long time since their PL years, but still probably seen by some as a ‘known’ club.
Jay-Jay Okocha, Ivan Campo, Youri Djorkaeff... delightful squad under Big Sam!

Back
Top Bottom