Dot Counting Northampton 10k Crowd

Attendance tracking
The issue will be the bit that gets covered by the south stand but I am sure the heat lamps will be in full use.

We're not talking about someone's lawn that's been left open to the freezing temperatures for a week or more.
We talking about a professional football club with an experienced grounds team.
I'm sure they've kept up to date with the weather data and have actioned all continuances.
They have covers and heat lamps at their disposal.
I'd be surprised if the game is postponed.

I do love it when there is cold weather about and people inspect their own gardens to see what a pitch with a grounds team and covers a few miles away is likely to be like. Heroes the lot of you.
They're probably the very same experts on:
Stadium planning law
Player contracts
Injury recovery
Player scouting
Club finances etc.etc.

Just done a worm inspection in my garden. They resemble Curly Wurly Squirlies without the chocolate, and are not wriggling. Some are neither in nor out, very distressing to witness. As for tomorrow's game, I'll sit on The Fence (End).

First day of fairly moderate sales on this one. 150 sold over the 24 hours to midnight last night, leaves us roughly on par with the Blackpool game, and slightly behind the Wycombe game, having been ahead of both games up until now.

What this means, I'm not quite sure? It could be a one day blip, as some people hedge their bets on the cold weather improving, but we normally see higher sales than this on a Thursday, so it's a bit strange, particularly off the back of good sales to date. We need about 1,000 more for a 10,000 crowd now. That's doable on normal buying patterns, as 290 of these will be taken up if all boxes are sold (they should be, but that's not a given this season since the prices increased) and we normally sell between 400/600 on a Friday. So on the day sales should carry us over the threshold.

Today's sales will be the clincher.
Here's my update, on what may end up being a fairly pointless exercise, if the game is called off.

At midnight we were a handful short of 7,800 GA sales, meaning 350 sales over the previous 24 hours. There's no doubt that the pitch inspection announcement has hit sales, as you would expect. If the game is on I now don't see us hitting 10,000 unless we have very good sales today. We need another 700 to hit the target and 290 would normally come from the boxes, meaning 400 walk ups needed. That's by no means impossible, and it looks as if some people have held off from buying due to the weather, but I'm tending to agree with @Thecurraghofkildare that we'll just miss out, if the game goes ahead.

Very frustrating.

Shame is the rearraged match will be unlikely to be (more than) 10k+

Very poor attendance today. Those pesky dot counters must've got their numbers mixed up!!

Bit heavy on the sarcasm?
I’ve simply said that my back garden, and the local golf course for that matter, are solid, and have been for days. Even when the sun has thawed the top of the turf it’s solid underneath. It’s called being realistic. Temperatures here have largely matched those at The Kassam.
Let’s hope the club had the foresight to put the covers on last week and / or the heat lamps do the job.
Personally I love people checking their back gardens during a frost to see if the match may go ahead just as much as I like the dot counting. All very British if you ask me.

8k (!) for a game against a promotion rival, after what will hopefully be multiple new signings by then??

8k??

….someone hold my drink!
6,703 👎👎👎 don’t know what more rubbish the performance or the crowd/atmosphere

7.5- 8k gate methinks

Yes can't see it being anymore.

We have Wigan at home the previous Tuesday which is during half term and then Leyton Orient at home on Saturday 24th. Families will choose those games instead.

Back
Top Bottom