Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

Scotchegg

Strike while the iron is s**t hot!!! 2 incredible home wins with a never-say-die attitude and fight throughout the team. But now the real challenge is to get the place bouncing again next week. Only a week to go so let's all get all fans, old and new along. Talk up the game at work or in the pubs tonight, flood social media, stick posters up at work!!! Let's make history with the first time the Kassam has three consecutive 10k league games and drive this team on to even more stunning results!! Come on you yellows!!!!

Last edited:
We had three 10k attendances in a row back in 2019. Man City, Wycombe and Lincoln.

But agree with the sentiment!

Think itll be just under 10k a week today ....though win tuesday and maybe . ...worth going for

I think all those extra fans that turned up against Sheffield Wednesday and today would have enjoyed the experience so hopefully they will return next week I don't think there will.be as many as today but maybe similar to the Sheffield attendance

Fuel rises etc will leave families having to prioritise non-essential spending so I can understand why it might be difficult for some who went today to make it back next Saturday. However, that's why it's important that we find ways to reach out to so many more fans, or potential fans. We may have 6000 home fans able to attend Sheff Wed, Pompey and Bolton but rely on many more who have to pick and choose the games they can attend. So we can't be complacent on the back of two big gates and need to spread the word more than ever if we're going to make history with a 3rd 10k crowd.

Wonder if it's too late for the club to do kids for a quid. And make that under 15s.

Would have thought that Bolton will be relatively attractive to locals as the away team. A fairly long time since their PL years, but still probably seen by some as a ‘known’ club.

Win Tuesday and I can see us surpassing the Portsmouth attendance after the result yesterday

There are comments elsewhere about the atmosphere being flat yesterday, or that the songs were limited to "yellows yellows" etc. Firstly, I didn't think it was that bad yesterday. There was plenty of interaction and singing where I was and the atmosphere seemed to mirror the game in that it was patchy, but great when it mattered.

As these threads were started to improve both attendance and atmosphere then what do we want to make things better?

Do we need to adjust our expectations? With many fans coming out for their first games, or with families, do we start with "Yellows" etc where everyone can get involved rather than expecting people to join in with a dozen songs about each player or the 12 inch version of Yellow Submarine?

The flags and display from the new fanatics group is great, but do we want more? More tahn happy to once again link their paypal or gofundme page to attract great donations to support this.

@OUSP Secretary - any thoughts on building on the last couple of games?

There are comments elsewhere about the atmosphere being flat yesterday, or that the songs were limited to "yellows yellows" etc. Firstly, I didn't think it was that bad yesterday. There was plenty of interaction and singing where I was and the atmosphere seemed to mirror the game in that it was patchy, but great when it mattered.

As these threads were started to improve both attendance and atmosphere then what do we want to make things better?

Do we need to adjust our expectations? With many fans coming out for their first games, or with families, do we start with "Yellows" etc where everyone can get involved rather than expecting people to join in with a dozen songs about each player or the 12 inch version of Yellow Submarine?

The flags and display from the new fanatics group is great, but do we want more? More tahn happy to once again link their paypal or gofundme page to attract great donations to support this.

@OUSP Secretary - any thoughts on building on the last couple of games?
We need to try and invit more females to the game, need some sort of incentive to attract more females.
I know the club do what they can for families as in having won the club the family club of the year award a few times.
I know a lot of fellas are there as it’s there day football and a few sherbets and have a crack with the lads and maybe that outs of a lot of females. I know we get a fare few female supporters but could we fin room for some more?

What we need is balloons yellow paper to add colour anything that adds colour i think the display against Sheffield Wednesday helped the atmosphere because everyone was part of that in the east stand anyway so why not do another display in the east stand but in the north stand have balloons and in the south stand they can rip up some yellow pages ( do they still exists ) get the whole ground involved with a display lol

Back
Top Bottom